Sebastian Castellanos

(Character bios and analysis)

Sebastian Castellanos

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 26, 2013 6:15 pm

"When Detective Sebastian and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, Sebastian has to fight his way through a world of death and its close friend madness in order to understand what’s going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force."
-Famitsu

According to Mikami the weapons of choice of Sebastian will be guns, axes and knives but nothing too heavy like machine guns. Sebastian will also be able to craft traps which will play a large role in the game. In the 25 minute demo a mine full of nails was shown.

Sebastian will be the main character in the game. To me he looks like he is in his mid 30s and according to Mikami he doesn´t like coward characters so even though he will be facing monsters he will not go down without a good fight.

Something interesting I discovered was that the guy in the teaser trailer is actually Sebastian crafting some kind of trap.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Re: Sebastian Castellanos

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 7:02 pm

A lot of people have said he lacks character, though I'm actually a fan of his design. I also like that he's not a walking stereotype, just a seemingly everyday guy rough around the edges that we can relate to.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Yama wrote:A lot of people have said he lacks character, though I'm actually a fan of his design. I also like that he's not a walking stereotype, just a seemingly everyday guy rough around the edges that we can relate to.

I think his actions in the game will speak louder than his design. I like that he isn´t your typical pretty boy or rookie. He looks like a guy who has seen many cases in his life. Plus the trenchcoat is pretty badass. I would like to see how he looks ingame.
PanamaRed

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

I like his design as well, he looks like a badass mofo, just hope his personality is interesting as well.
Kinda wish he retained his coat though, he looks better in it. Hopefully an unlockable costume!
Rikitatsu

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 26, 2013 10:27 pm

He looks like he could be a young Lennie Briscoe from Law & Order. I could totally imagine Sebastian cracking wise about paying alimony to his ex-wives while trapped in a psychedelic nightmare world.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I like his design as well, he looks like a badass mofo, just hope his personality is interesting as well.
Kinda wish he retained his coat though, he looks better in it. Hopefully an unlockable costume!

Yea he looks like a badass, like someone you don´t want to fuck with. Doesn´t surprise me a bit Mikami loves to make badass main characters. We got Leon, Gene, Sam and now Sebastian.
PanamaRed

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Vanessa is still one of my favorites, she's a sexy badass. Poor girl is always forgotten.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 11:35 pm

I'd argue Regina is also a badass...
Well, every Mikami character has at least a hint of badassery in them. D:
Rikitatsu

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 27, 2013 6:12 am

What's a short name for Sebastians in general?
This guy really needs it, the name's too long to pronounce. :)
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Postby Sumio Mondo » Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm

^Seb?
Sumio Mondo

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 2
PSN: harryangel666