Julie "Kid" Kidman

(Character bios and analysis)

Re: Julie "Kid" Kidman

Postby DampRevil » Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Their relationship will probably start rough, but end on a good note!
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 15, 2014 9:09 pm

[1] Julie being described as "annoying" and "abrasive" . . . Hmm, we must hope we are not dealing with another "I don't need any men or others to look out for me, I can handle myself" type. Basically the cliché socially atomised careerist woman brought up with too much Hollywood and Tomb Raider. Probably commitment issues too. And there will be cliché scenes when, in a moment of vulnerability to her iron armour of confidence, Sebastian tries to get close. During those (scripted) moments she will push him away and snap something like "I'll be fine" and run away rashly, followed by Sebastian inevitably going after her and him getting caught in a trap as a result.

A good supporting character will actually say things like: "Let's investigate this room. Take whatever we think useful" or "Let's look for clues, let me know when you've salvaged all you can." Instead of this "hurry up! I'm waiting for you, slowpoke!" feeling that "survival horror" games have nowadays. They also have no backtracking so yeah. You are pretty much hurried throughout those games by such abrasive supportive characters. I do think it makes more sense for a game to have beautiful an well-polished environments when it has backtracking. As you will frequently visit them and it rewards to pay close attention to the details as the rooms may have changed when you revisit them later. Else you will have this Uncharted sense: "Oh look at this, the water reflects beautifully, I feel so calm just staring into it, it's amazing. And these overgrown ruins confer the sense of ageless tranquillity - but then who gives a crap I may just as well run along since I'll never come back here anyway."

[2] The fact that, according to a story booklet, Sebastian is 'terminated' yet at the same time is summoned to a crime scene to act as investigator, is probably due to some crappy Japanese-English translation. This is not some Al Pacino and Mel Gibson movie where a cop can shoot people, arrive on work while drunk, beat up his wife, get suspended and lose his badge as well as firearm and still somehow continue tracking a lead that just doesn't let go of him, until he singlehandedly solves the case going against the command of his higher officers, in doing so unveiling a conspiracy that was the cause of him being suspended in the first place, other than beating up his wife of course. Last time I checked, this game was called The Evil Within and not 'Dirty Harry'.

[3] Look at the most recent movie Jocifer posted in this thread and go to 12.00. Then see links:

http://residentevil.wikia.com/B5F_monitor_room

There are two rooms in RE0 that I wish to link to (but can't find). The first one is behind one of the locked doors in the Training Facility. It has a leech zombie in there as well as monitors. The second room is in the water treatment plant where you have to do the "connect the power waypoints puzzle". Both rooms have monitors exactly like in the Evil Within movie and they have hints that "someone seemed to have been working here not long ago". In the movies you can see Marcus using those monitors, as well as Wesker and Birkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHtMjFXQhU

(First two minutes only)
DeHeerser

PSN: DeHeerser

Postby TheCollector » Sep 17, 2014 9:01 pm

New renders of Juli from the japanese site.

And the site confirms her name is Juli, not Julie. So that's settled then, wasn't a typo afterall.
TheCollector

Postby Nemesis85 » Sep 17, 2014 11:36 pm

She looks super hot, wondering if she is single? lol. BTW, who goes to a mad house with high heels? Anyway, I like the design a lot,well done.
Nemesis85

Postby TheCollector » Sep 18, 2014 2:12 am

Nemesis85 wrote:She looks super hot, wondering if she is single? lol. BTW, who goes to a mad house with high heels? Anyway, I like the design a lot,well done.

It may be impractical, but damn if I don't love those boots, lol
TheCollector

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 18, 2014 9:17 am

Agree on the heels comment.

Just me or does she look like Alice in the first Resident Evil movie(s)?
DeHeerser

Postby razorxc » Sep 18, 2014 11:09 am

yes hse look like because we repeat, he takes all best of the old/other game and made evil within
razorxc

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 18, 2014 12:34 pm

DeHeerser

Postby Nemesis85 » Sep 20, 2014 2:30 am

I am wondering what kind of weapons is she carrying? I know she has a pistol, but what is the other one strapped to her thigh? maybe a knife?
Nemesis85

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 23, 2014 9:09 am

DeHeerser wrote: During those (scripted) moments she will push him away and snap something like "I'll be fine" and run away rashly, followed by Sebastian inevitably going after her and him getting caught in a trap as a result.

That reminded me when Ashley randomly got angry at Leon, and ran straight into the trap in the Castle segment of Resident Evil 4
ProgenitorCastle

PreviousNext

Return to Characters