Julie "Kid" Kidman

(Character bios and analysis)

Re: Julie "Kid" Kidman

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Bound to happen in this game too, if the bratty feminist description holds true.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby DampRevil » Sep 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Shinji Mikami said that Juli is very level-headed and cool in extreme situations, so I don't think at any point she's going to storm off like a brat. Also, Jennifer Carpenter said that Juli is very hard-core.

Here's how I think Juli is going to play out. I think she's trying to prove herself. She's a young female detective trying to build a name for herself in a male dominated profession. She's going to act defensive and tough so that people take her serious. If anyone has seen Resident Evil: Degeneration, I think Juli's character will mirror Angela Miller.

Will Juli be a cliche character, maybe? Then again, Sebastian's tragic backstory coupled with his drinking addiction resulting from the tragedy, isn't exactly the most original idea either. Every character has their cliches, it all depends on how the writer handles them.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby DeHeerser » Oct 16, 2014 6:58 am

I am just past the scene with the blood puddle, and I have to say Kidman is actually more to my liking (less bratty and feministic) than assumed basing on previous info given by people.
DeHeerser

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am

Not sure if this has been mentions but Kid's
has had a run in with the law in the past, she doesn't remember anything from her past, where she was from, who her parents where or how she even got to be where his is, only knows what she has to do, and knows what will happen if she doesn't.
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby DampRevil » Oct 22, 2014 8:57 pm

To go along with what you said, did you notice that Juli's missing poster shows her as being a very young child? My assumption is that she was kidnapped at a very young age and was forced to work for this mysterious organization.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 23, 2014 1:30 am

Yeah, it seems like she's was adopted by *them* and perhaps used as a test subject, maybe, hint her FEAR of what will happen if she doesn't do what she has to do..
DaveOfTheDead87

Postby Yama » Oct 23, 2014 4:36 am

Funny, so much Juli hate floating around pre launch, yet she ends up being the most interesting (or should I say intriguing) character in the game. I for one have always loved her design, add in this Ada Wong story angle and the DLC can't come soon enough.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby DeHeerser » Oct 26, 2014 2:07 pm

The part where she shoots him and he wakes up without a scratch is just BULLSHIT.
DeHeerser

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 26, 2014 2:39 pm

I am sure it will make more sense with the dlc, people need to chill and be patient, its not a straight forward action game, the game is meant to be a puzzle itself
DaveOfTheDead87

Postby DeHeerser » Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Puzzles have questions. Also they have suggestions of what the answers could be. And they allow for loose ends to be tied up. "I am sorry but you are tainted" only to fight side by side with him in a bus a second later? You can easily see that some aspects of the story are just loose and couldn't be fit together, important parts were cut out. For instance you see Joseph escaping from the Keeper through a shaft. Giving the impression that Sebastian is right on top of him. And then Joseph makes a minor appearance at the end game movie?
DeHeerser

PreviousNext

Return to Characters