Joseph Oda

(Character bios and analysis)

Re: Joseph Oda

Postby Dusk Golem » Aug 26, 2014 1:53 pm

gmc1992 wrote:he is voiced by yuri lowenthal whos been in almost every anime ever, lol

Would explain why he's playing the Japanese cop.
Dusk Golem

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:
gmc1992 wrote:he is voiced by yuri lowenthal whos been in almost every anime ever, lol

Would explain why he's playing the Japanese cop.

I see what you did there lol
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Major Spoiler

Joseph seems to meet an unfortunate end in the latest trailer. Perhaps he gives his life to save Sebastian? If he does, that sounds really badass and harrowing. I love it when characters meet crazy ends.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Terra2500 » Sep 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Major Spoiler

Joseph seems to meet an unfortunate end in the latest trailer. Perhaps he gives his life to save Sebastian? If he does, that sounds really badass and harrowing. I love it when characters meet crazy ends.

Yup...looks like Chin Ho telling me Joseph becoming one of them is true after all.

But I like him! If Sebastian is force to kill him, I will go and cry at one corner.... :(
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Ching Ho mentioned this? I still get sad when Luis dies in RE4! And Forrest in the REmake. If it's true, god damn I'll be upset- though we've been joking that his days are numbered since the beginning. It'll be awesome though too.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Terra2500 » Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Ching Ho mentioned this? I still get sad when Luis dies in RE4! And Forrest in the REmake. If it's true, god damn I'll be upset- though we've been joking that his days are numbered since the beginning. It'll be awesome though too.

Yeah he mentioned it but I didn't tell it to you cus we're unsure of the fact but after seeing the trailer, it's confirmed. I think its best that we find out ourselves since the game is drawing near.
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Amen to that :).
Jocifer666

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 24, 2014 7:14 pm

But! We must remember that so far, Evil Within has much more in common with Silent Hill in terms of story buildup than with Resident Evil. This means that death is a very fishy concept... Think about SH2... Maria kept dieing only to randomly pop up a moment later (although RE3 had the impossible Nicolai surviving a point blank gas station blow-up)... Who is to say Joseph is not some mental archetype for Sebastian "I have to protect my colleagues!" only to have him die repeatedly to dwell on sins and failures of the past... Pure speculation of course. But his death if it is final is bound to be a big story moment and they wont give this away with a random post or gameplay snippet. Just saying.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby Seraphiel » Sep 24, 2014 7:23 pm

DeHeerser wrote:

But! We must remember that so far, Evil Within has much more in common with Silent Hill in terms of story buildup than with Resident Evil. This means that death is a very fishy concept... Think about SH2... Maria kept dieing only to randomly pop up a moment later (although RE3 had the impossible Nicolai surviving a point blank gas station blow-up)... Who is to say Joseph is not some mental archetype for Sebastian "I have to protect my colleagues!" only to have him die repeatedly to dwell on sins and failures of the past... Pure speculation of course. But his death if it is final is bound to be a big story moment and they wont give this away with a random post or gameplay snippet. Just saying.

Well you might be right since minor spoiler

there is an achievement for saving him at a certain point in the game.
Seraphiel

Favorite Title: RE4

Postby Tomie » Sep 30, 2014 5:26 pm

(Hello everyone! I'm back!)

Whoa whoa whoa! What new trailer shows Joseph dying? The only scene I've seen thats questionable about his fate shows him having his head be put in a guillotine. Is that what everyone is talking about? Also, someone mentioned something about a particular achievement. Where can I read more about this?
"Would you kindly..." - Atlas
Tomie
I ??? Junji Ito

Favorite Title: RE / Silent Hill
PSN: I_Heart_Wesker

PreviousNext

Return to Characters