The Haunted

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

The Haunted

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 2:26 am

One of the common enemies in the game, they move in groups, or alone, and wield weapons like Pitchforks, sickles, axes, and torches, they can climb through windows and ambush the player. They have deformed faces, and some parts of their skin are ripped open, some are wrapped in barbed wire, others are covered with glass shards. According to Mikami, they have undergone mutation and are expressing the evil that permeates them. They appear to have glowing eyes, at least some of them do.

Rikitatsu

Re: Humanoid Enemies #1 [NP]

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Gotta love the volumetric splashes. Probably the best looking ones I've seen in a game yet (reminds me of GoW III, but there it looks worse). However, you have to see it in motion first.
P.S. The glowing eyes seem cheesy, you won't scare us with that, Mikami!
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Re: Humanoid Enemies #2 [NP]

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

So basically the people from RE4. Don't look scary in static. Don't even look gross (and it's intended).
PrerendeRED

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm

I'd have to agree, these designs leave a lot to be desired. I wonder why they differ so much action-wise to the other humanoid enemies. I suppose it's nice to have different types of base creatures, as long as it doesn't end up being a mesh of cliche (meaning zombies > ganados).
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 26, 2013 3:57 pm

This theme of barbed wire and glass shards... don't know if I like it. I think it's safe to say at this point that the whole game is taking place in some alternate reality. I see it as an evolution of Shadows of the DAMNED without the juvenile humour.
PrerendeRED

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm

I bet the glowing eyes are there for a gameplay reason, since we've been told lightning is important in the game (With Seb. carrying a lantern and all) I guess there would a lot of really dark and pitch black areas, so the glowing eyes are there to make the enemies stand out in the darkness.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 27, 2013 2:39 am

or maybe their glowing eyes are their weakness, so when we want to kill them, we should aim for their eyes.
Nemesis85

Postby Spera01 » Apr 27, 2013 4:41 am

So these are the "zombies" of this game I'm assuming. They look a bit freaky and while the glowing eyes is kind of cheesy, I like it at the same time. What I really want to know if these are different from the other humanoid enemies or not. Are they slower? Less intelligent? Or perhaps they're just simply weaponless versions of the others. I suppose we'll see.

Nemesis85 wrote:or maybe their glowing eyes are their weakness, so when we want to kill them, we should aim for their eyes.

I think their eyes being a weak point is probably unlikely. As you can see in the screen, a simple head shot seems to do the trick. If anything, like Rikitatsu said, I'm betting the eyes are just there so you can see them in the darkness.
Spera01

Postby Spera01 » Apr 27, 2013 4:44 am

I also agree, these enemies just aren't that scary looking to me. They're gory sure, but scary? Not so much, at least in my opinion. I'm just going to assume that they'll look better in action with their movements and sounds.

Otherwise though, yeah, these seem like re-skinned "ganado" type enemies. Not that that's a bad thing but at the same time, it's meh.
Spera01

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 27, 2013 4:56 am

if you exclude their heads, I really like them. They look like real infected human beings that are thirsty for blood and eager to have you for supper lol. I don't know whats wrong with simplicity in design? I believe that there is no need to wrap wires and glass shards around people and light heir eyes like Christmas eve to make hem creepy. Personally, if they were ordinary zombies (from RE 2 & 3), I would be more scared, and more excited to play this game.
Nemesis85

Next

Return to Enemies