The Keeper

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

The Keeper

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm

The Keeper

Height: 7'7" (2.30cm)
Weight: 750 Ibs. (340kg)

"A creature created from a blend of Ruvik's final memories before he was dismembered and his fury at having his research stolen from his safe. Anyone who approaches the safe is killed and their severed head added to those in the sack."
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Re: SafeHead [NP]

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm

^ Lol... I guess the similarities are striking enough, he also wears a butcher's apron. :P

Nevertheless, his role in the game seems to be very major, appearing in the Key Art and all, he is probably the game's Pyramid Head/Nemesis.
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:^ Lol... I guess the similarities are striking enough, he also wears a butcher's apron. :P

Nevertheless, his role in the game seems to be very major, appearing in the Key Art and all, he is probably the game's Pyramid Head/Nemesis.

Just the thought of a reappearing enemy as such is exciting, I hadn't thought about it much until now. In a game done right, especially this or next generation, it'll be seriously tense.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 27, 2013 6:24 am

The borrowings from Silent Hill sure are aplenty.
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Postby Cyberote » Apr 28, 2013 1:53 am

Can't wait to see what role this thing plays. I would certainly love if it's a pursuer-type enemy. I still get freaked out when I'm playing RE3 and Nemmy is chasing me down. Then again, RE3 had static camera angles and you could see how close Nemesis was getting to you. You can't really recreate that tension in OTS.
Cyberote

Postby Yama » Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am

Sure you can Cyberote. The only thing necessary is randomness and good placement. As long as his events are random like Nemesis and not scripted like Ustanak (Bio6), you'll always be on edge. More so if you're walking through a tight corridor and he busts through a wall, or perhaps if he does have a theme (or not), picture hearing a loud bang and footsteps running up on you. In fact, that'd be even more terrifying than static, you'd have to rely on other senses as he wouldn't be immediately visible. They can do it just fine if not better, it's all in the design process.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Cyberote » Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

I suppose you're right. It's just a slightly different flavor of tension. And if they do the sound and atmosphere right (which I'm pretty sure they will) then I'm positive that this game and the SafeHead will scare the hell out of us.
Cyberote

Postby Nemesis85 » May 01, 2013 1:12 am

Yama wrote:Sure you can Cyberote. The only thing necessary is randomness and good placement. As long as his events are random like Nemesis and not scripted like Ustanak (Bio6), you'll always be on edge. More so if you're walking through a tight corridor and he busts through a wall, or perhaps if he does have a theme (or not), picture hearing a loud bang and footsteps running up on you. In fact, that'd be even more terrifying than static, you'd have to rely on other senses as he wouldn't be immediately visible. They can do it just fine if not better, it's all in the design process.

Yama, what you wrote here is precisely my definition of a terrifying moment in a horror game. It is like you read my mind at put it in words. I still remember the moments and even the sound of Nemesis yelling S.T.A.R.S and following me. most of the time I liked to dodge him and runaway, mostly because I was not prepared and because I was so freaked out that my mind wouldn't work properly. Talking about Mr safehead, I hope he plays a similar role as Nemmy. RIP Nemesis.
Nemesis85

Postby Cyberote » May 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah hopefully Tango can bring that back successfully. Ustanak really didn't do anything for me. He was an irritation more than anything. With Nemmy, I kept saying to myself "This beast just will not go down! How will I ever be able to kill this thing!?" and it freaked me out. But with Ustanak, I said "Dear God, when the hell is this bastard going to die?" I hope I say the former when it comes to Mr. Safey.

Also, I wonder if Mr. Safey is going to have a gruesome 1 hit kill move. He definitely doesn't look like something we can kill easily. Maybe something like the safe opens, the tentacles come out and grab Sebastian by the head, pulls him in, and closes the safe, thus decapitating him. I just want gruesome death scenes back. Not the crappy censored ones in RE5 and 6. I don't mean to keep comparing TEW to RE. It's just that RE is the only survival horror franchise I really play.
Cyberote

Postby Yama » May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Cyberote wrote:Ustanak really didn't do anything for me. He was an irritation more than anything.

Same, it was all so scripted and cheese. Punching bugs was so terrifying, right? :lol:
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Next

Return to Enemies