The Keeper

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Re: The Keeper

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Guys, I was reading TheEvilWithin's post on facebook, which was "A quick preview of Dark Horse Comics' new book, The Art of The Evil Within! http://bit.ly/VAiRTN" When I clicked on the link it showed a few pics of the art book, and when I saw the pic of the Keeper, I found something which I didn't know, at the right bottom corner, it talks about who the Keeper is and what does the Safe represent. here is the pic:

what it says is: "The Keeper was born from a combination of Ruvik's memory of the safe where he kept his research, and his unbridled rage. The safe head represents the atrocities of Ruvik;s past that he is trying to keep hidden. Literally crushing anyone who comes near. The sack he carries is filled with the brains of his victims."

So, I do not know if you guys did know this or not, but this was exactly what I was wondering about The Keeper. Again, since I don't read most posts due to imminent spoilers, apologies if the is not new.
Nemesis85

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 25, 2014 12:56 am

I actually just posted this in spoiler tags, about a page earlier, but no problem ;). More people can see it now.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby carnidge4 » Sep 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (248.96 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
It's behind me isn't it!?
carnidge4

Favorite Title: evil within

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 06, 2014 4:58 pm

If you saw the video earlier, you finally saw The Keeper in terrifying action! His movements with the mallet seem very similar to Leatherface with the mallet in the original TCM.....that's not a bad thing, I love that movie to death.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm

guessing him bashing his box head increases his rage, better not pee him off lol
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby carnidge4 » Oct 12, 2014 10:13 pm

hello can you please make page look like this thank you:
Title: The Keeper
keeper.png
keeper.png (215.71 KiB) Viewed 2129 times

The Keeper
Height: 7'7" (2.30cm)
Weight: 750 Ibs. (340kg)

A creature created from a blend of Ruvik's final memories before he was dismembered and his fury at having his research stolen from his safe. Anyone who approaches the safe is killed and their severed head added to those in the sack.

Special thanks to gmc1992 for providing images
Other user's please do same format for boss and enemies pages for i did not make them therefore i cant do my self thank you here is images http://imgur.com/a/GHG1D
carnidge4

Favorite Title: evil within

Spoiler How do I kill him?

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Spoiler I am going to talk about the ending in chapter 5 of The Evil Within. If you have not finished this chapter in The Evil Within please do so before reading anything down below this message.

Ok so I had to kill Re-Bone Laura again at the ending of chapter 5. It was another long battle very fun but now I will admit I am a wimp and my nerves are fried simple as that. So I decided to start chapter 6 tonight on my Xbox 1 and who do I see the keeper...

Someone just tell me the easiest way to kill this keeper guy. It will be about a hour or so before I get to him. I just I dunno this game is pretty intense, I am just trying to get through it. If someone would tell me how to defeat him any tips I would appreciate it. I am doing this on survival mode because I am to stubborn to change it. Also I been trying to use spoiler tags I do not want to ruin the game for anyone else, hope I been posting things correctly.
BradAKARob

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
XBL: FixedCandy

Re: Spoiler How do I kill him?

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 17, 2014 3:58 am

BradAKARob wrote:Spoiler I am going to talk about the ending in chapter 5 of The Evil Within. If you have not finished this chapter in The Evil Within please do so before reading anything down below this message.

Ok so I had to kill Re-Bone Laura again at the ending of chapter 5. It was another long battle very fun but now I will admit I am a wimp and my nerves are fried simple as that. So I decided to start chapter 6 tonight on my Xbox 1 and who do I see the keeper...

Someone just tell me the easiest way to kill this keeper guy. It will be about a hour or so before I get to him. I just I dunno this game is pretty intense, I am just trying to get through it. If someone would tell me how to defeat him any tips I would appreciate it. I am doing this on survival mode because I am to stubborn to change it. Also I been trying to use spoiler tags I do not want to ruin the game for anyone else, hope I been posting things correctly.

Don't bother dismantling his traps, just maneuver around them. Make sure to stock up on Ice and Shock bolts, they will buy you some time as you shut down the valves. He has little health, a few shotgun blasts will kill him, but he will just keep respawning. It just buys you some time.

The whole point of that boss encounter is to escape the maze, not to kill him. Personally, the hardest part of that fight was getting lost in the maze, the poisonous clouds didn't help either.
Rikitatsu

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 17, 2014 8:20 am

Thank you for this Rikitatsu, I will do this fight exactly as you explained. It was near 1 A.M. here last night when I made it to a save spot, I did not quite make it there yet but today I should get to him.
BradAKARob

Postby BradAKARob » Oct 17, 2014 9:14 pm

I was able to win the fight, after about 10-12 deaths. It was very difficult, like you said there really is no time to mess with those traps. Yes the traps only take a few seconds to disarm but those few seconds you need to turn them valves. I died mostly because it was very hard to see anything with all that poison gas in there. I tried to change the video to see things better nothing helped. I am playing The Evil Within on Xbox 1 atm.

So after I beat him I was then chased by the long arm guy... One goes down and another takes his place cries, LoL. Last question how many chapters are in this game? I thought it was like 12 but that is a total guess.
BradAKARob

PreviousNext

Return to Enemies