Ruvik

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Re: Ruvik

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 09, 2014 7:47 am

Don't share the comparison between Ruvic and Wesker made by some. The one thing they have in common is doging bullets. BUT do notice that Wesker only has these powers in Code Veronica and Resident Evil 5 (which is when Mikami was less involved if not sidelined altogether).

Whereas Wesker has all this charisma built up around him with leather jackets, suits and glowing reptilian eyes with sunglasses, Ruvic just looks gross. Ruvic's horrifying appearance is very thematic to the game, but in the end, face it, he looks pretty much like a "teenage boy with hoody seeking revenge". I also wonder if Ruvic can have such an intriguing background story as Wesker, who worked as a bio researcher and then quit his job because he got bored, to specialize in intelligence and began working undercover in a police assault team.

Compare Code Veronica to The Evil Within and what do we see: Evil twins Alfred and Alexia find out they are the result of an experiment by their father Alexander, done to restore the Ashford family to its aristocratic splendour. CHECK. Disgruntled by the story of their origin, they choose to experiment on their father and turn him into a monster. CHECK. Alexia continues to experiment and eventually becomes a boss-enemy in the game, whereas Alfred is left by himself and becomes a psychopath who stalks the player and makes his life miserable. CHECK

My point is this, for Ruvic to make an epic villain in the Wesker class, they will need to dig deeper and find something more substantial than "rich born boy from a secluded family loses it" with as base game motive "insanity".

I do agree that Capcom ruined it at the end by deciding that Weskers enigmatic motives be brought back to "God complex" and "Social Darwinism". That's where his motive and character became totally cliché. As Chris says during the final fight "taken from a comic book villain" - which really is a criticism towards the story writer of the game itself.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby Yulia » Sep 09, 2014 9:25 am

DeHeerser wrote:
Compare Code Veronica to The Evil Within and what do we see: Evil twins Alfred and Alexia find out they are the result of an experiment by their father Alexander, done to restore the Ashford family to its aristocratic splendour. CHECK. Disgruntled by the story of their origin, they choose to experiment on their father and turn him into a monster. CHECK. Alexia continues to experiment and eventually becomes a boss-enemy in the game, whereas Alfred is left by himself and becomes a psychopath who stalks the player and makes his life miserable. CHECK

My point is this, for Ruvic to make an epic villain in the Wesker class, they will need to dig deeper and find something more substantial than "rich born boy from a secluded family loses it" with as base game motive "insanity".

You're such a Wesker fanboy aren't you))) But it seems you mistook some fan theories for real info about Ruvik)) I like Wesker but for me Ruvik is more interesting (he's neurosurgeon, and neurosurgery is cool))
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Guilty as charged ^^ I agree at this point it is hard to distinguish between "Canon" Evil Within and "Fan-speculation" Evil Within. Ruvic being a neurosurgeon does sound cool. Just hope as I said they can provide a deep and intriguing background story with more layers than "aristocratic rich kid doing scientific experiments and going insane". I like to make a comparison here to the movie The Butterfly Project. This movie plays around with the idea that you, if you really imagine to relive a moment, can actually return to this moment and rewrite it. Basically one can time travel by reliving memories. Let's say there really is such an undiscovered power in the human brain and one starts tinkering around with it . . . May explain why this game takes place in 1970 and earlier, and why Sebastian has a hard time distinguishing between what is real and imaginary.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby LeonEvil666 » Sep 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Concept art of Ruvik from "The art of The Evil Within"

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/26-156/T ... -Within-HC
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.4 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby LeonEvil666 » Sep 13, 2014 12:16 pm

10620786_697674616983016_4617338406573705918_n.jpg
10620786_697674616983016_4617338406573705918_n.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Ruvik is ready for his killer close up 10.14.14

http://theevilwithin.com/preorder

From The Evil Within official Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/TheEvilWithin.eu?fref=ts
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Oh wow, I can't get over how much better that looks- compared to last year's footage. It looks like a new game. It's remarkable.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby gmc1992 » Oct 10, 2014 3:06 pm

his full name is Rueben victoriano, ruvik is his nickname, as a child he was burned trying to save laura from a fire caused by the villagers, afterwards he presumably got revenge by experimenting on the villagers, he continued his work until a fire broke out in his basement lab, his body was never found in the rubble
http://imgur.com/a/GHG1D
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Slit08 » Oct 10, 2014 5:42 pm

He's the final boss and transforms into a creature called Amalgam. Or well, amybe he doesn't transform but his human form has often been descrobed as ghost like, a spectre. His real, vulnerable body[ has merged with this creature.
Slit08

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Previous

Return to Enemies