Ruvik

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Ruvik

Postby gmc1992 » May 02, 2014 12:22 pm

a hooded man who seems to be the main antagonist of the game, he has superpowers ala albert wesker and looks to have been experimented on.

gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Re: hooded man(ruvic)

Postby Jocifer666 » May 02, 2014 2:02 pm

There's actually quite a few here.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32875 ... trailer-2/
There's also some snapshots of other enemies in the game, so perhaps we can use them to start other enemy threads for the water monster and mannequin master.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby gmc1992 » May 02, 2014 2:38 pm

gmc1992

Postby ghostcall » May 02, 2014 2:47 pm

is that the right spelling for Ruvic name?

just want to make sure.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » May 02, 2014 3:15 pm

I believe so
gmc1992

Postby Dusk Golem » May 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Just a theory.

My personal take is that he's not the main antagonist of the game, though the game may paint him out to be at first. He looks like he obviously has been experimented on, but I am betting more he wants revenge. I'm also placing my bets he may be like the main 'villain' of the film, 'The Prison', and actually be a good-guy twisted by another and not actually the real antagonist. While he has weird powers and obviously sinister attempt, I hardly think he is running the show around here.
Dusk Golem

Re: Hooded Man [NP]

Postby Jocifer666 » May 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Until today, I never thought that Ruvick was the main antagonist. Now, I'm rather positive that he is.

There's a line where Sebastian mentions that the mansion seems very familiar....Even though he's never been there before. Ruvick also appears while Seb is in the house, where he tells Seb that he's in Ruvick's childhood home. There's also ominous childish laughter throughout the majority of the quiet moments in the mansion. With that being said,I have a theory that Ruvick has infected Sebastian with Ruvick's own memories. As mentioned in other posts, I believe Ruvick knew Sebastian when they were children. But at some point, Ruvick was captured by the authorities and taken back to the Hospital- so he can be experimented on just like his family. In his sick mind, Ruvick blames Sebastian for what happened and wants him to feel the same pain that he and his family felt by the doctors and their twisted experiments.

I feel that the title The Evil Within is a morality question that Ruvick asks Sebastian: Is he evil, because of what he's done, regardless of his tragic backstory? Or is Ruvick exonerated, because the horror he unleashed was dominantly caused by the Doctors? Furthermore, does the power to do evil live within us all, including Sebastian?

It's all very interesting.

There's also the fact that Ruvick appears out of nowhere in the latest demo- where he conjurs up monsters, distorts the world around Sebastian, and creates traps and locks. That definitely makes me think think that he's more than just The Village Chief of TEW.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby ghostcall » May 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Until today, I never thought that Ruvick was the main antagonist. Now, I'm rather positive that he is.

There's a line where Sebastian mentions that the mansion seems very familiar....Even though he's never been there before. Ruvick also appears while Seb is in the house, where he tells Seb that he's in Ruvick's childhood home. There's also ominous childish laughter throughout the majority of the quiet moments in the mansion. With that being said,I have a theory that Ruvick has infected Sebastian with Ruvick's own memories. As mentioned in other posts, I believe Ruvick knew Sebastian when they were children. But at some point, Ruvick was captured by the authorities and taken back to the Hospital- so he can be experimented on just like his family. In his sick mind, Ruvick blames Sebastian for what happened and wants him to feel the same pain that he and his family felt by the doctors and their twisted experiments.

I feel that the title The Evil Within is a morality question that Ruvick asks Sebastian: Is he evil, because of what he's done, regardless of his tragic backstory? Or is Ruvick exonerated, because the horror he unleashed was dominantly caused by the Doctors? Furthermore, does the power to do evil live within us all, including Sebastian?

There's also the fact that Ruvick appears out of nowhere in the latest demo- where he conjurs up monsters, distorts the world around Sebastian, and creates traps and locks. That definitely makes me think think that he's more than just The Village Chief of TEW.

He's more like TEW Albert Wesker rather then any RE4 Villains.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Terra2500 » Jun 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:Until today, I never thought that Ruvick was the main antagonist. Now, I'm rather positive that he is.

I suspect the ominous childish laughter throughout the majority of the quiet moments in the mansion could be the Rubik and Laura when they were kids.

Sebastian mentions that the mansion seems very familiar but never been here before.

My guess:
1. Seb could have repressed his memories on it since other posts/videos theorize he could have a traumatic childhood. Maybe he was kidnapped and bought to the mansion when he was a child?

2.Or Seb was one of a successful experiment but escaped and lost his memory and the Evil wants to retrieve him and made him remember where he actually belong?

3.Rubik showing Seb his childhood memories like how he was raised by an unknown doctor inherited the doc's teachings unless....Seb is the descendent of the doctor and Rubik wants Seb to correct the wrongs or pay for the sins that his relatives had caused on them?

4. Or the mysterious doctor was the one summoning Seb back and Rubik will do anything to stop the 2 from meeting each other....

5. Seb is just an unlucky guy who got himself caught in all this and Rubik felt attracted to him cus he's handsome... :lol:
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Re: Ruvick [NP]

Postby Jocifer666 » Jun 08, 2014 8:15 pm

These three previews touch on a few minor plot spoilers that I think can help explain the plot a little more.

One of these previews mentions that Sebastian witnesses the apparition of a young Ruvick, as he dissects a pig's brain. Another I've yet to locate further elaborates on this, mentioning that Ruvick states the same mantra Valerio repeats "We must expose everything." A few of the audio tapes, which play after you solve the brain puzzles, mention that Ruvick and Dr. Jimenez formed a partnership, while Ruvick was a boy. They also mention that Ruvick killed his parents and experimented on their brains. So perhaps Ruvick did indeed turn his family into Rebone Laura, The Keeper, and The Water Monster...As we've been speculating. With all of this being said, I'm curious if Sebastian is infected by Ruvick's memories, which are causing him to become an entity just like Ruvick. Thus, perhaps The Evil Within is the evil within the mind? It would explain why Seb is hallucinating a lot, as well as why he has that deja vu with the mansion.

http://www.3news.co.nz/The-Evil-Within- ... fault.aspx

http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/ha ... il-within/

http://www.godisageek.com/2014/06/the-e ... n-preview/
Jocifer666

Next

Return to Enemies