Ruvik

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Re: Ruvick

Postby Gigi » Jun 26, 2014 11:44 pm

He seems to be a better villain I've seen in survival horror games so far, instead of showing up at certain points only to run away and see you later, he just blasts a signal through the room that just makes me say "O SNAP HE'S IN HERE!" and panic.

In short, Ruvick don't care. Ruvick is not amused. And Ruvick loves to pop up out of nowhere while the lights are off and when your trapped in a room with him standing at the only exit...

-__- Love you too, Ruvick.
Gigi

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
XBL: Guadogirl

Postby ghostcall » Jun 27, 2014 4:51 am

So basically Ruvick is All the RE villains in 1 character.

he comes from wealthy family like the ashford family.

he become scientist at young age like birkin and alexia.

He experiments on his parents like Alexia Ashford did with her father.

At some point he was killed and brought back to life and now seeks revenge on his killers like James Marcus.

he has superhuman abilities at the cost of his humanity like wesker.
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » Jul 24, 2014 2:37 pm

just got done watching lucy and I wonder if the cause of ruviks powers are a result of him unlocking 100 % of his brain since he likes experimenting with the mind
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Yulia » Jul 24, 2014 4:19 pm

gmc1992 wrote:just got done watching lucy and I wonder if the cause of ruviks powers are a result of him unlocking 100 % of his brain since he likes experimenting with the mind

Well, I hope it will be something more original, because this thing about using only 5% of your brain is actually an old myth and I became somewhat tired of it.
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby mincenzo » Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am

After watching a bit more footage of the game in pewdiepie's gameplay I've been thinking...and I'm hiding this as it may contain spoilers, but it's been bothering me for a while now so view it at your own expense!

I know he was playing a chapter based on Ruvik's childhood. Because of the holograms of the little boy and Ruvik's similarities I can see that this little boy being carried around by the doctor as well as in family portraits are Ruvik. During the gameplay footage there seems to be a diary entry by Ruvik addressing Laura in a poetry-style, I can't remember exact words but I think there were references like 'her moon lit eyes' or 'Laura my dear', etc, that appeared to look romantic in nature. Judging by family portraits Ruvik and Laura are siblings so I hope Mikami isn't planning on throwing us some Oldboy bs (incest). This would be absolutely horrendous so I hope to god this doesn't happen, but I really cannot find any other explanation.
mincenzo

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 06, 2014 9:29 pm

If you look closely at part 3, you can see that Ruvick's head is heavily bandaged. If his parents did indeed lock him up, I then highly believe that Ruvick began to experiment on himself by ripping his scalp off, so he can continue his research by experimenting on his own brain.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby morriganvendetta » Aug 23, 2014 3:52 pm

I was looking through the footage of the playthroughs and i noticed a few things.

Ruviks surname seems to be Victoriano.

Dr. Jimenez knew him as a child (maybe kinda his fault for encouraging Ruvik, when Ruvik seemed to have some semblance of knowing what he was doing was wrong)

Somewhere along the line his parents locked him up, seemingly embarrassed about him. Probably about his experiemts but i wonder if it was something more.
You see that he is heavily bandaged, so i wonder did he contract some disease, that caused his skin to look rough and damaged. Or maybe he was burned. Iv heard a theroy that a fire killed laura and Im thinking maybe he was injured in the same incident.
Anyway i got the impression that his parents were the kind of people who cared about appearances.
morriganvendetta

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm

he is voiced by Jackie earle haley of watchmen and nightmare on elm street remake fame
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby SweetPoison13 » Aug 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I have been meaning to ask... Is it Ruvick or Ruvik? I just see this name with different spellings in different channels. Apparently we are going with "Juli" now for Kidman but I'm not actually sure about Ruvik.
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 28, 2014 8:57 pm

SweetPoison13 wrote:I have been meaning to ask... Is it Ruvick or Ruvik? I just see this name with different spellings in different channels. Apparently we are going with "Juli" now for Kidman but I'm not actually sure about Ruvik.

Traditional spellings have it as Ruvik, such as Ruvik Rosen as do the previews and the VO Actors video, so that's probably the proper way to spell it.

No biggie, it's not like we'll pull an Iron Man and boycott the freaking film/game because they changed the emblem design on the man's chest- or spelling of the character's name for that matter. At least, I hope not heh heh :).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

PreviousNext

Return to Enemies