Mannequin Man [NP]

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Re: Mannequin Man [NP]

Postby SweetPoison13 » Sep 01, 2014 8:38 am

Dusk Golem wrote:I'm almost 100% sure this man is somebody who was semi-featured in the PAX Demo. I don't know his name, but in the demo...

There's a subplot of a man with a bandaged face who is off his rocker. He was sent off to the mental hospital by his parents, who he murdered after escaping the institute, accusing them that they thought it was funny, his misery, and they never gave a damn about him or visited him after lockin away 'their little problem.' He has a distinctive laugh and smeared his parents blood on his face casket to make it look like a huge smile. You can hear his laugh before you meet the enemies with the clown-like masks in the manor. While I don't have proof, I think this is him, the Mannequin Man, due to the masks, and one of the loading screens features masks and mannequins. Also a loading screen shows baby mannequin dolls that looked creepy, so that's fun.

I thought that was Ruvik...

Unless I'm mistaken, those parents are the ones from the family portrait that can be seen in the mansion. You should be able to see their bodies during the vision/flashback that you describe. Look at the bodies.
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Postby SweetPoison13 » Sep 01, 2014 8:55 am

Dusk Golem wrote:
Jocifer666 wrote:That's Fascinating. Where was that sub plot mentioned, just curious? Was it talked about in articles you had to pick up or something like that? It sounds very intriguing.

In the mansion you see flashbacks I characters, at first I thought they were all about Ruvik, but I realized there flashbacks of two different characters. One is an older man, and he has bandages wrapped over his face. He appears after the upstairs brain puzzle wielding a bloody knife in front of two corpses. I know he appeared before this as well but I can't get my brain to trigger the memory. I remember because I one scene his bandages are fine and in another their smeared with blood to form a smile on his face. I might give the demo one more whirl tomorrow to recall the specifics maybe as last day of PAX.

The notes I don't know who they're from, but one I'm about to post in the Laura topic.

How far in the demo did you get?

There should be three distinct flashbacks of Ruvik before opening the door and I'm 99.9% sure that they are all of Ruvik given the details in those flashbacks and Pete Hines' comments during his 1-hour livestream.
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 01, 2014 10:24 am

That is Ruvik, as confirmed by the Twitch stream, previews, and Bethesda posted fan art. Since the Mannequin man looks an awful lot like Ruvick, perhaps he is a animatronic vessel Ruvik can use?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

I'm not going to doubt you guys, the reason I thought it wasn't Ruvik is because of a few things.

The voice was very, very different. Maybe they RE-recorded the line or something, but he had a sort of light voice and a sort of accent and was stuttering compared to Ruvik's deep and non-chalant voice, I've also never heard Ruvik laugh, and Ruvik's parents died another way than him stabbing them I thought? Parents I didn't pay close enough attention, and overall it's hard to tell because he's bandaged and you can't see his face. I'm not saying it can't be Ruvik, but shortly after this scene you can hear a high-pitched laugh in the same tone and suddenly all the enemies are wearing clown masks.

He could be the same villain and just be psychotic, but I have a hard time imagining the super dark, brooding, and serious Ruvik with psychic powers and is given a tone of ominous and seriousness in the demo to be into clown masks and mannequins am evil clown laughter in his spare time. But it might be him, the end of the demo did have the kid I assumed was Ruvik with a mannequin in his office.

And it wasn't just part of his face, his whole face outside of mouth and nose and eye holes was castes and looked like a mummy. XD;
Last edited by Dusk Golem on Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dusk Golem

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

No worries man, I believe you. I'm just intrigued by these changes is all ;). Perhaps they mixed it up a bit for the latest build?

Were all of the flashback conversations different then? Including the ones with Ruvik and Jiminez?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2014 11:33 am

Jocifer666 wrote:No worries man, I believe you. I'm just intrigued by these changes is all ;). Perhaps they mixed it up a bit for the latest build?

Were all of the flashback conversations different then? Including the ones with Ruvik and Jiminez?

If I get to the demo build I'll pay attention to see if I was mistaken. I'd only seen the piano conversation before this point as I didn't wan to spoil myself too heavily before playing the section myself. Which doctor scene though, the piano or the kitchen one? Jimez I don't quite have a feel for yet, and know there's two flashbacks with doctors.
Dusk Golem

Postby Yulia » Sep 01, 2014 11:54 am

I don't know about accent but you can hear the line "you were never out of my mind" in the video with voice actors while they talk about actor who voiced Ruvik
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 01, 2014 11:54 am

Totally understandable ;) Dusk. Since you only saw the piano sequence, do you remember if that one played out different in your demo- as opposed to how it played in the Pewdiepie video or the Twitch stream?

I'm actually very much intrigued by what you saw, as I suspected the mansion would be where you fight the Mannequin Man- likely in a later chapter. What you found implies this May be true.

I'm also very positive that Jimenez appears to be good, but is really bad.
Jocifer666

Postby Yulia » Sep 01, 2014 11:56 am

I don't know about accent but you can hear the line "you were never out of my mind" in the video with voice actors while they talk about actor who voiced Ruvik.
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm

I'll play the demo again and pay attention to the flashback scenes. Unrelated, but will also ask and see if I can record the trailer though be in crappy quality even I I get an okay as with a phone. XD;
Dusk Golem

PreviousNext

Return to Enemies