Shigyo

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Shigyo

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Shigyo
Height: 20'4" (6.2m)
Weight: 1.4 tons

"An aquatic monster born when a subject drowned during testing and their consciousness became lost within Ruvik's mental world. It dwells in the murky depths and attempts to pull under anyone who draws near."

If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: Shigyo

Postby Tomie » Aug 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Google Translation: Basically the creature lives in open water fields . . . can attack Sebastian and can swim freely as it pleases. It also says it has webbed . . . webs? Ah this Google translate is something else! Again, any other translation are very much welcome.

(I'm sorry.) I'm not sure if this is even relevant or not, but seeing that I myself am not fluent with Japanese, does GYO relate to aquatic things in Japanese? The term, ningyo . . .ninGYO in Japanese means mermaid and there is a lovely manga called GYO (by Junji Ito) that is a horror manga about fish and a death stench. I only bring this up seeing how this creature is called "ShiGYO."
"Would you kindly..." - Atlas
Tomie
I ??? Junji Ito

Favorite Title: RE / Silent Hill
PSN: I_Heart_Wesker

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Huh, that's very intriguing regardless! Sounds quite different than the Rebone Laura water monster.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah, Gyo is fish in Japanese (I also read Junji's 'Gyo', it was fantastic.).

Honestly, the description sounds like The Water monster... All we know about the Water Monster is that he lurks in the water, and Tomie's Google translation describes just that. If he was an Octopus the description would have alluded to that.
Rikitatsu

Postby Homura_Akemi » Aug 04, 2014 10:47 pm

well seeing as how gyo means fish I do know that "shi" depending on how its written means death just thought I would add that lilltle bit of info :lol:
Homura_Akemi

Favorite Title: Siren
PSN: nobue_itoh

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 05, 2014 1:47 am

Interesting. I am wondering, if the fish "lives in open water fields." what is Sebastian doing in an open water? is there an ocean in the game?
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Homura_Akemi wrote:well seeing as how gyo means fish I do know that "shi" depending on how its written means death just thought I would add that lilltle bit of info :lol:

Welcome to the forums (And Happy B-day!)

Nemesis85 wrote:Interesting. I am wondering, if the fish "lives in open water fields." what is Sebastian doing in an open water? is there an ocean in the game?

There is concept art showing coastal areas and ships, so probably.
But I don't think we should put too much stock in Google's translation.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 05, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm actually getting a friend to translate these articles. He's fluent in Japanese, so he can probably offer a better version Than HAL....I mean google :D.....can. I'm just waiting until he's back on Facebook.
Jocifer666

Postby Homura_Akemi » Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm

true you cant really rely too much on google its not very accurate had a thought though what if shigyo is like the lake monster in re4 you run across him while trying to cross a lake or something. @rikitatsu thanks for the birthday shout out
Homura_Akemi

Favorite Title: Siren
PSN: nobue_itoh

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm

SPOILER WARNING

Okay, my friend just translated this bad boy. What he said is interesting. The monster IS a jellyfish, does have blue white skin, IS Sebastian's true nemesis in the game, and he has the ability to absorb or draw water from it's skin.

Weird right? It sounds like he indeed is that rumored creature from Timur's post.
Jocifer666

Next

Return to Enemies