Laura (Creature)

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Laura (Creature)

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Laura (Creature)

Height: 10'2" (3.1m)
Weight: 485 Ibs. (220kg)

"A creature born from the memory of Laura's tragic death and Ruvik's own vengefulness. the thing is nearly immune to bullets but reacts violently to open flame."

Rikitatsu

Re: "Reborn Girl" [NP]

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Getting some serious Chimera vibes from that reborn girl, especially the wall-climbing bit. She also seemingly resembles them...could it be that when you shoot the Vaulthead, his blood forms a puddle that spawns her?
ProgenitorCastle

Postby Spera01 » Apr 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of her. I have a feeling she's going to provide quite a couple of good scares in the game.

ProgenitorCastle wrote:Getting some serious Chimera vibes from that reborn girl, especially the wall-climbing bit. She also seemingly resembles them...could it be that when you shoot the Vaulthead, his blood forms a puddle that spawns her?

I'm getting more a licker vibe myself, especially with that shot of her crawling across the outside of the window. She could spawn from shooting Vaulthead but I think at this point it's to early to tell. Vaulthead's tentacles may just be his particular weak point.

I think this enemy will be spawning from just pools of blood laying around in the environment, which would definitely make the gameplay a lot more tense. With this in mind, you probably won't be running through areas without keeping a lookout for blood.
Spera01

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

God this chick looks freaky. First time I saw her in the live-action trailer, I was spooked instantly. Seeing her crawl across that window definitely gave me a strong Licker vibe.
Cyberote

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Apr 24, 2013 5:27 pm

It seemed that way (her spawning from Vaulthead's blood puddles) based on the live-action trailer, but we'll see when we see the gameplay. That window shot DID seem like the Lickers now that you've mentioned it. One thing is for certain-she's one SCARY enemy
ProgenitorCastle

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't think she spawns from the "safe-head" guy. In the demo, they didn't say anything about a "safe-head" showing up before the reborn girl showed up and attacked Sebastian. Then again, it's a demo and it could have been scripted just for the demo itself.
Cyberote

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

I think the "rushing at breckneck speed" bit is the scariest part of her description, if her looks aren't disturbing enough.
Definitely getting Licker vibes from her.

Also, the thing that spawns from Safehead is some kind of tentacles, not this creature, which was confirmed to emerge from a pool of blood.
Rikitatsu

Postby Spera01 » Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I think the "rushing at breckneck speed" bit is the scariest part of her description, if her looks aren't disturbing enough.
Indeed. Have you guys seen the MAMA short film? I think that shows a good depiction of "rushing at breakneck speed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRqS6pBC42w (skip to 2:47 if you want to know what I'm talking about)

If Reborn Girl rushes at you like this, I think it's safe to say that I'll need a new pair of pants.
Spera01

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Spera01 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:I think the "rushing at breckneck speed" bit is the scariest part of her description, if her looks aren't disturbing enough.
Indeed. Have you guys seen the MAMA short film? I think that shows a good depiction of "rushing at breakneck speed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRqS6pBC42w (skip to 2:47 if you want to know what I'm talking about)

If Reborn Girl rushes at you like this, I think it's safe to say that I'll need a new pair of pants.

Holy Hell that was freaky! I would love if the "reborn girl" did that. Love it and hate it at the same time :?
Cyberote

Postby IkariKH » Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am

I think one of the funnest parts of this game will be picking out all of the RE inspirations and nods that it will ultimately contain. But, yeah, definitely an interesting creature design. Reminds me of of something out of Silent Hill. And the shot of her coming out of the pool of blood reminds me of the creatures from the Descent, hah.
"This planet is mine, and now you will die!"
IkariKH

Next

Return to Enemies