Laura (Creature)

(Enemy bios, analysis and strategies)

Re: Re-Bone Laura

Postby Tomie » Aug 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Is . . . that fire? Lol, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at! How interesting. I wonder now seeing how the Google Translate thing said she looked like she had burns on her body. I thought originally her name was thought to be REBORN Laura, but it was translated as Re-Bone. There is a saying about being "reborn through the ashes or flames . . . fire" (Something like that) Fire -------> Ashes. Who knows... Hmmmm, speaking of Laura... I do find this ironic too. In a picture someone posted earlier, there was an image of Re-born wear braces. There another monster they showed in the Game Informer some time back of the water monster. The monster itself reminded me or a horse/human thing and that's in the water chasing Sebastian. If you looks at that things face, it kind of looks like it has braces / head gear going on too. Let me upload a picture to compare:

Laura and her braces:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstati ... otostream/

Water Monster:
http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-con ... thin_5.png

I wonder what's with all the head gear these monsters wear.
"Would you kindly..." - Atlas
Tomie
I ??? Junji Ito

Favorite Title: RE / Silent Hill
PSN: I_Heart_Wesker

Postby Terra2500 » Aug 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Wait...I forgot that Ruvik mentioned, "Laura, of course you couldn't be dead."
Ok my bad...my first theory about Ruvik killing Laura could be wrong. Maybe he wants to bring Laura back to life by trying to unlock something that revolves around human's mind. Maybe Ruvik wants to open a gate to the other side...too many things...

I don't think his parents locked Ruvik up for what he did to Laura but rather the experiment he did. A kid dissecting and doing weird experiments is SERIOUSLY WRONG. VERY VERY WRONG.
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Tomie wrote:Is . . . that fire? Lol, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at! How interesting. I wonder now seeing how the Google Translate thing said she looked like she had burns on her body. I thought originally her name was thought to be REBORN Laura, but it was translated as Re-Bone. There is a saying about being "reborn through the ashes or flames . . . fire" (Something like that) Fire -------> Ashes. Who knows... Hmmmm, speaking of Laura... I do find this ironic too. In a picture someone posted earlier, there was an image of Re-born wear braces. There another monster they showed in the Game Informer some time back of the water monster. The monster itself reminded me or a horse/human thing and that's in the water chasing Sebastian. If you looks at that things face, it kind of looks like it has braces / head gear going on too. Let me upload a picture to compare:

Laura and her braces:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstati ... otostream/

Water Monster:
http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-con ... thin_5.png

I wonder what's with all the head gear these monsters wear.

I've actually wondered whether these monsters are both Rebone Laura, but in different forms. In another picture, the water monster has multiple limbs and breasts, so they're definitely the same type of creature- maybe even the same creature. The water monster could also be Laura's mother, which would fit with family mutating into the monsters theory- which has proven fruitful so far.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 04, 2014 11:09 pm

As for Ruvick killing Laura not working, that's not necessarily true. It can still work. If anything, Laura could be infected by a terminal illness like tuberculosis- and Ruvick could mercy kill her....Then continue his experiments to try and bring her back to life. Even better, he could kill her for the sake of his experiments. "Does it hurt when I do this? How about now?"
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2014 7:07 am

I think it's pretty obvious the girl in the red dress in the family painting of four people is Laura. You guys have probably seen this, but in the save room in the demo you can find this file about the boy in that family photo:

Dusk Golem

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 01, 2014 7:16 am

Huh that's interesting. Does Ruvik have a twin then?
Jocifer666

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 01, 2014 7:30 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Huh that's interesting. Does Ruvik have a twin then?

I've been curious too, I'd always assumed the boy in the photo was a younger Ruvik, but the note definitely said Ruben, which has me a bit perplexed. Also brings up the fire. I've been debating if he changed his name, or had a twin, or they are not the same person, or something else.
Dusk Golem

Postby Yulia » Sep 01, 2014 8:22 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Huh that's interesting. Does Ruvik have a twin then?

Ruvik could be a shorter form of the name. Actually, there is a man at my work whose name is Ruvik and it's a short for Ruven or Ruben.
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby KawaKona » Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am

Yulia wrote:Ruvik could be a shorter form of the name. Actually, there is a man at my work whose name is Ruvik and it's a short for Ruven or Ruben.

I will be the idiot who has to ask now (well someone has to, right?):
So, is your coworkers official name Ruven/Ruben or Ruvik?

I am arguing with myself here bc I think the lenght of this 'short' name kinda defeats the purpose of a short form of a name. It's not shorter than the original name.

That would be the same as if my friends would call me Sabina instead of Sabine (at least to me)- which is just a variation of the name but not shorter than my real name in any way.
Bine or Sasa would be short forms if I am going by my logic~

Sorry for being the doofus (my 1st post in this forum actually) but I am wayyyy too excited for the game to not be.

edit: So- some really nice person took the time to confirm this to me on tumblr~
I think I was just too fond of the idea of having yet another Viktoriano Child in the game.
KawaKona

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame

Postby Yulia » Sep 01, 2014 10:02 am

So, is your coworkers official name Ruven/Ruben or Ruvik?

Actually I don't know him good enough and the name isn't very common in the central Russia where I live, but I guess Ruven/Ruben is an official name because it was used together with patronym.
I am arguing with myself here bc I think the lenght of this 'short' name kinda defeats the purpose of a short form of a name. It's not shorter than the original name.

We have this type of shorter names that aren't really shorter)) Vadim/Vadik for example.
edit: So- some really nice person took the time to confirm this to me on tumblr~
I think I was just too fond of the idea of having yet another Viktoriano Child in the game.

It was me, I guess)) (I use my friend's account and I don't remember the nickname)) but there is a Bosch monster at the avatar)
Yulia

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Enemies