Resident Evil 7:(April Fools!)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Resident Evil 7:(April Fools!)

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 26, 2013 4:22 am

Hello everybody.
I was surfing the internet and wandering around when I encountered this interesting and very informative website named http://www.relyonhorror.com . Suddenly, I stumbled upon a news with an eye-catching title: "It’s official, Cliff Bleszinski involved in Resident Evil 7." I could not resist to not click on it, and I am glad that I did. this is exactly what is written in the article:
After Resident Evil 6‘s mixed reviews, Cliff Bleszinski, creative director and creator of the ground breaking Gears of War franchise (who has since left Epic Games) tweeted “Let’s fix Resident Evil, together”, to which Capcom UK tweeted back, “Bring Pizza!”. Since then, there’s been lots of speculation as to what Resident Evil 7 could end up being- most recently Capcom has talked about possibly rebooting the franchise. Well, early this morning @TheRealCliffyB (Cliff Bleszinski’s Twitter account) tweeted the following: “This is it, guys! Resident Evil is underway! Wish me luck, everyone!”

We reached out to Capcom to see if there was anything official about this, or if it was just an April Fool’s joke, and Capcom came back with a surprising message:

“We are proud to be working with Cliff Bleszinski and his team, and we hope that Resident Evil 7 is everything we can make it. While this announcement is earlier than originally planned, fans can look forward to seeing footage at this year’s E3.”

So, what do you think? That’s all we know so far, but what are you hoping to see from Cliffy B.’s vision of Resident Evil? Are you hoping for a return to survival horror? Or expecting a more action-oriented game like the Gears of War franchise? Keep in mind what a huge fan of Resident Evil 4, huge portions of Gears of War 1 are based directly on RE4. This might be just the fresh take on RE that we’ve all been waiting for!

and this is the link, you guys and gals can read it and follow it from here: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/its-official-cliff-bleszinski-involved-in-resident-evil-7/

I really hope this is true. I will post more news.
Peace.
Nemesis85

Re: Resident Evil 7:(April Fools!)

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 26, 2013 4:37 am

And, of course it is an April fools joke, or is it no?!!!
Nemesis85

Postby Cyberote » Apr 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Even if Cliff WAS behind the next Resident Evil game, I'm sure he'd do a much better job than what Capcom has been doing. I often hear people say "Cliff Blezinski made Gears of War and Resident Evil is already Gears of War enough!" I can somewhat see their point, but Cliff also did Shadow Complex, which wasn't like Gears of War at all. Do people ever stop and think that maybe he doesn't want to stick to the same action game genre for the rest of his career?

I mean look at Mikami's resume. He's gone from games like the Resident Evil remake to the likes of Vanquish and Godhand. So even if Cliff is REALLY behind the next RE title, I doubt he'll make it an all-out action game like Gears was. Also, he reached out to Capcom and said "Lets FIX Resident Evil", meaning he's identified the problems with the series and wishes to turn it around... hopefully.
Cyberote

Postby NinesVoerman » Apr 29, 2013 5:54 am

It's probably a joke, but I'm sure a newt could do a better job at Resident Evil than the recent producers.
NinesVoerman

Postby Mr. Rod » May 09, 2013 6:49 pm

RelyOnHorror.

Enough said. :lol:
Mr. Rod

Return to Off Topic