Random Thoughts Thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Random Thoughts Thread

Postby Peter » Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm

This is very simple guys, if you have a random thought, opinion or comment on something that isnt worthy of a whole topic or anything to do with existing topics then post it in here! Kinda like a chat thread if ya get my drift. Conversations in here only stay static for so long since someone else will eventually change the subject.

So whatz up peeps??? 8-)
Peter

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Postby Yama » Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm

This is a good thread to keep the place active until the release of some actual info on the game. At least we can sign in and share some simple thoughts on our day, mindset, etc. It's actually nice being on a site with like minded people, at least as far as genre preference, etc.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Dec 06, 2012 9:37 pm

I was going to post this as a separate thread but this one helps me save the time. Has anyone ever heard of Rise Of the Triad which was supposed to be the sequel to Wolfenstein but got pushed back due to the release of Doom. It ended up being released under the radar and ended up a cult classic because of how over the top the action and music was. Now the developers , named Apogee, are making a remake which looks to even surpass the zaniest of it's ancestor with Quake-like gameplay. Just looking at the reload animations for the dual pistols already has me laughing but after watching the Dev diaries I really admire their MO, which is to create a triple AAA experience through fun factor only not through following modern game trends that have been done to death in most shooters.

My friend gave me the rundown of the game about a month ago which is why I play the original to this day and I am happily supporting them in their cause when the remake hits.

Here's a video of both old versions and new so you can compare.
Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAQLHkRs18

Remake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhi-7lj7osI
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Not a lot of people are visiting/posting in the forums lately, which I can sort of understand since there is barely any news regarding ZWEI.

Unfortunate, either way. :cry:
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Not a lot of people are visiting/posting in the forums lately, which I can sort of understand since there is barely any news regarding ZWEI.

Unfortunate, either way. :cry:

I myself am guilty of that, though less due to choice and more because of the holidays. With them behind us now, I'll be on much more. Like you said though, most of it is due to the game having little to no news as of late. Ironically enough though, the site is garnering some great traffic, all things considered. When news finally breaks it'll be great.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Yama » Apr 23, 2013 1:52 am

With the game finally announced this place is booming as expected and only getting bigger as time goes on. Looking forward to forming a tight knit community, might as well bump this thread now.

Tonight I was testing out Rebirth via Dolphin on my XBR-3 via HDMI. Rendered that game at 1080p and output to full 1080p. Toyed with some advanced settings on a custom profile on the XBR-3 and nailed it. Game looks absolutely incredible.

It really does deserve a proper re-release with the pre-rendered BG's at a higher resolution among some other things, but until then this will suffice. Finally, Rebirth looking amazing NOT on a CRT.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Zero » Apr 23, 2013 4:33 am

Yama wrote:With the game finally announced this place is booming as expected and only getting bigger as time goes on. Looking forward to forming a tight knit community, might as well bump this thread now.

Tonight I was testing out Rebirth via Dolphin on my XBR-3 via HDMI. Rendered that game at 1080p and output to full 1080p. Toyed with some advanced settings on a custom profile on the XBR-3 and nailed it. Game looks absolutely incredible.

It really does deserve a proper re-release with the pre-rendered BG's at a higher resolution among some other things, but until then this will suffice. Finally, Rebirth looking amazing NOT on a CRT.

I never played something as perfect as this, Deserves alot more than what it got
Zero

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: FiXalaS
Wii U: Zero97

Postby Spera01 » Apr 23, 2013 4:40 am

Yama wrote:With the game finally announced this place is booming as expected and only getting bigger as time goes on. Looking forward to forming a tight knit community, might as well bump this thread now.

Saw you post this over on Biohaze but it definitely does look incredible! 8-)

Capcom needs to step up and actually do an HD re-release for this title. I remember them saying something about how it wouldn't look good in widescreen due to the pre-rendered backgrounds not supporting the ratio or something like that. If they were to simply make it letter-boxed like this, I'd be perfectly OK with it and I'm sure many others would be as well.
Spera01

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm

With Nintendo intending to do some HD re releases of Gamecube games on the Wii U, there is probably a good chance we see a proper HD version of REmake. Afterall, Capcom is always eager to cash in on its old games.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby Yama » Apr 23, 2013 7:04 pm

The thing is the backgrounds need some re-working. For one the original higher resolution versions need to be added, along with touch ups. In some if not most cases, there may need to be additional artwork done to the backgrounds in order to fill a 16:9 environment. It'd definitely take some work, much more than a fully rendered game such as CODE: Veronica, but would be more than worth it if done correctly.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic