Resident Evil Revelations demo out on consoles

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Resident Evil Revelations demo out on consoles

Postby skytrot » May 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Just a heads up for people interested. I've tried it myself and it is IMO extremely similar to RE4. The atmosphere is top notch and sound design is excellent. Classic controls have also been implemented and I recommend it if you want RE4 style controls.(no moving while shooting and R1 to aim) Only downside is that laser sight was removed from the console versions and the demo was too short.
skytrot

Re: Resident Evil Revelations demo out on consoles

Postby Mr. Sean » May 14, 2013 10:00 pm

I just finished checking it out. Looks really nice for an upscaled 3DS game! Did they do anything else graphically to the game? This was the sole reason I bought a 3DS and I did not regret it. I won't mind double dipping on this game!
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby skytrot » May 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have the 3DS version so I don't really know the details. I have heard that there is additional content for the console versions though.
skytrot

Postby Yama » May 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Getting the Wii U version day one. The classic controls were also on the 3DS version skyrot and you can move while shooting, use L1/LB. It's just like OBF2. You can also use the camera to pivot step, ala Bio 4 and more so Bio 5. Going to get myself a Pro Controller for this. Can't wait to Raid it up, love that mode.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Cyberote » May 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on the full version. Unfortunately I cant get it on day 1 because I have no idea when I'm starting my job. But I will get it. I haven't played much of the 3DS version. I can't play handheld games like I used to.
Cyberote

Postby Yama » May 16, 2013 11:00 am

Why is that? Screen size? I do find the 3DS screen to be painfully small after playing my Vita. I'm in need of a NTSC-U 3DS though as I only have an NTSC-J, so I'll likely get the 3DSXL (just hoping it comes in that purple).
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Cyberote » May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Screen size may have had something to do with it. With a game like Revelations, I like to be able to see as much as I can. Also, I'm not used to the DS control scheme and all that. I've been playing GBA, Gamecube and 360 for so long. I used to have a DS, but some stupid fucker stole it. It had my copy of Deadly Silence in it too!
Cyberote

Return to Off Topic