What Is Your Favourite Survival Horror Series

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What Is Your Favourite Horror Series

Resident Evil
30%
Silent Hill
20%
F.E.A.R.
10%
Condemned
No votes
Siren
5%
Dead Space
5%
Deadly Premonition
5%
Left 4 Dead
No votes
Alan Wake
5%
Other
20%

Total votes : 20

What Is Your Favourite Survival Horror Series

Postby Zwei » Nov 05, 2012 9:05 pm

I thought I would start off the first poll, and what better a subject than this!
What is your favourite survival horror series this generation?
Also due to the limit of 10 poll options I included an 'other' option in case I didn't list your personal favourite.
Last edited by Zwei on Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zwei

Re: What Is Your Favourite Horror Series

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

It's hard for me to decide because I love Silent Hill's psychological battles yet, Resident Evil delivers the survival aspect pretty good (however I believe the first Dino Crisis dominated it.) Then there is Deadly Premonition that gave such a breath of fresh air to not only horrors but this gaming generation in general while Galerians and Haunting Ground flowed under my radar until recently and I absolutely loved them. Decisions, decisions.......
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Re: What Is Your Favourite Horror Series

Postby VteX » Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

I played the re's I'm a fan of them! but the game that scared the me most was F.E.A.R why? because I saw things that I haven't saw in other games the appearance of the ghost was creepy with the creepy soundtrack too the bad was to be a fps genre but that was ok it was a good fear experience.
VteX

Re: What Is Your Favourite Survival Horror Series

Postby XiuJu » Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I loved the Project Zero games. Most of the games on the above list I struggled to like.
XiuJu

Postby wude » Nov 07, 2012 7:26 pm

voted silent hill, but my favourite s.horror game is alone in the dark 4 :)
wude

Postby Yama » Nov 07, 2012 9:29 pm

I picked Biohazard, only because of the entries pre-BH5. It's still my favorite series, though little by little it is turning into something I can hardly recognize. I remain hopeful because that is all I can do as a fan, though I have little faith anymore. At least I'll always have my gems to play such as Rebirth.

I feel the actual best horror series however is Project Zero. It's continually impressed each and every iteration without fail. I would say Project Zero 2 is the highlight though and stands as one of the best horror games of all time.

wude wrote:voted silent hill, but my favourite s.horror game is alone in the dark 4 :)

Have it on Dreamcast, actually love that game.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Foetus » Nov 08, 2012 3:38 am

My favourite used to be Silent Hill, but the franchise has become a pile of mud within recent years. So I can only call myself a fan of the original 1-4 that Team Silent made.

So, pushing that aside, next up in line would be Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's probably the only horror game that I legitimately had trouble playing because of how scared I was--which made me love the game even more. I must be a masochist...

...I totally haven't even finished it yet.
Mr. Foetus

Postby yurieu » Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm

i really thought the dudes question was about this generation games only. in this generation, i think Alan Wake is da best. from the past, RE is the better, and games like CVX and Zero are mindblowing games.
yurieu

Postby Yama » Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeah, I saw that after re-reading. So considering the PS3/360/Wii/Current PC generation, I can't really come up with a definitive series doing it right, or at least to my preference. There have been some decent one shot wonders though.

Definitely SIREN (PS3). It felt like an old school survival horror game at heart, nothing more nothing less. Loved it. I also really enjoyed Alan Wake. and think the original Condemned was on the right track, too bad the second completely left the grounded path of the first game for something far less enthralling.

Series wise I guess I could still say Project Zero, seeing as I enjoyed the fourth installment and the remake of the second game is still good.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Nov 25, 2012 10:03 pm

It's very hard .... I think it's Project Zero ( Fatal Frame ) because I'm a fan of japanese culture and folklore.
The game is very full, a good story, scary ghost, weak heroine, environment dark and glaucous.

But i like too Resident Evil, Siren, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve and Silent Hill
I'm french so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my posts
Blood-Curse62

Next

Return to Off Topic