Watcha Watchin'? (Movies, TV Shows, Anime, etc...)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Watcha Watchin'? (Movies, TV Shows, Anime, etc...)

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Discuss whatever you're watching these days...

=======================================================

With Breaking Bad ending next week, it's never been a better time to start watching this series, if you already haven't, then now is the perfect time to jump in. Honestly, if they don't royally screw up the Finale, the show is entering my "Legendary" category, or even "Best Ever" category. It's an absolutely fantastic show on every front!

Also, I'm looking for a good, unpretentious sitcom, my experience with sitcoms have been a hit and miss, the hit being Seinfeld and the miss being The Big Bang Theory... The latter I didn't like very much, despite sticking with it for some time... :|
Rikitatsu

Re: Watcha Watchin'? (Movies, TV Shows, Anime, etc...)

Postby KungMartin90 » Sep 26, 2013 3:59 pm

All sitcoms nowadays are pretentious. =/

OT: I don't really watch anime, and I don't watch or any type of tv series either (I'm not trollin'). The only anime I managed to watch past half an episode was Hunter X Hunter many years ago, but I didn't even finnish that. I only watched it cuz my brother is addicted to anime and made me watch it =p But it was good, so I'm happy he made me watch it.

The only TV series I watched past half an episode was The Tudors. Mainly because I love history, but also because cinematography and ambience is pretty spot on. I tried watching Game of Thrones, couldn't. I also tried watching The Walking Dead, only got past like 1 or 2 episodes. I just can't watch TV series =/

I'm more of a movie enthusiast, especially horror ones =p
KungMartin90

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: KungenMartiin
Steam: wish_craft@hot

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm

I haven't seen a lot of sitcoms, but even stuff like Seinfeld (Which I loved) had a small dosage of pretentiousness, so I hope its not something you're gonna find in pretty much every sitcom...

"pretentiousness" comes in varying levels, though.
The Big Bang Theory was just...ugh. The vast majority of the characters are horrible actors, let alone comedians. And the storylines, jokes, punchlines, just become extremely repetitive as you go along. But hey, that's just me...All my friends like it, which is why I decided to check it out in the first place.

On the Movie front, haven't watched much lately... I was late to the party with Scarface, watched it earlier this month... Thought Al Pacino carried the whole movie on his shoulders, if it wasn't for his acting and character, I wouldn't have liked it as much. It it was pretty good overall, though I kind of disliked the ending.
Rikitatsu

Postby Mr. Sean » Sep 29, 2013 5:25 pm

I just started Breaking Bad. I've marathon watched about half way into season 2 over the past week and that show is phenomenal. Can't say a bad thing about it.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby KungMartin90 » Sep 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:

I haven't seen a lot of sitcoms, but even stuff like Seinfeld (Which I loved) had a small dosage of pretentiousness, so I hope its not something you're gonna find in pretty much every sitcom...

The Big Bang Theory was just...ugh. The vast majority of the characters are horrible actors, let alone comedians. And the storylines, jokes, punchlines, just become extremely repetitive as you go along. But hey, that's just me...All my friends like it, which is why I decided to check it out in the first place.

On the Movie front, haven't watched much lately... I was late to the party with Scarface, watched it earlier this month... Thought Al Pacino carried the whole movie on his shoulders, if it wasn't for his acting and character, I wouldn't have liked it as much. It it was pretty good overall, though I kind of disliked the ending.

Completely spontaneous question (regarding movies), have you seen Pan's Labyrinth?
KungMartin90

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 30, 2013 3:57 am

Mr. Sean wrote:I just started Breaking Bad. I've marathon watched about half way into season 2 over the past week and that show is phenomenal. Can't say a bad thing about it.

It gets consistently better... I just finished the last episode and thought it was a good ending, definitely one of the best, if not the best TV show I've ever seen.

KungMartin90 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

Completely spontaneous question (regarding movies), have you seen Pan's Labyrinth?

Nope, google tells me its a Dark Fantasy movie... Is it any good? What should I expect from it?
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Breaking Bad, which I've been with since early on. Incredible show.

The Killing which is another AMC drama. It was cancelled, revived and now cancelled again. Disheartening seeing as it is an amazing show. Though season three wasn't the best of the series, it was still excellent. I honestly feel due to a lack of action many viewers can't stay focused, which is a shame. Hopefully Netflix picks up season four. Either way, it ended in a dramatic fashion and there is closure, especially if you understand the characters. So don't push it aside due to the cancellation, the show has a fitting finale even without a follow up season.

The Walking Dead. Huge fan of the comic which I feel is superior in every way, though still enjoy the show due to some of it's unique aspects and overall reinterpretation on a visual scale.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby KungMartin90 » Sep 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Nope, google tells me its a Dark Fantasy movie... Is it any good? What should I expect from it?

Absolutely, you should definitely watch it. What to expect? Well, a dark fantasy. Haha.

Don't want to spoil anything (= I personally love knowing as little as possible about movies before I watch'em. Oh yea, and it's in Spanish, so you'll be reading English subtitles, or subtitles in your own language.
KungMartin90

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Yama wrote:The Walking Dead. Huge fan of the comic which I feel is superior in every way, though still enjoy the show due to some of it's unique aspects and overall reinterpretation on a visual scale.

I watched the first season when it aired, I liked it... I may continue it, but people's impressions about how its getting worse are quite discouraging...

I loved the game though, thought it was fantastic.

KungMartin90 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Nope, google tells me its a Dark Fantasy movie... Is it any good? What should I expect from it?

Absolutely, you should definitely watch it. What to expect? Well, a dark fantasy. Haha.

Don't want to spoil anything (= I personally love knowing as little as possible about movies before I watch'em. Oh yea, and it's in Spanish, so you'll be reading English subtitles, or subtitles in your own language.

That's okay, I always use English subtitles anyway because I can't understand when people talk too fast or with low voices. :lol:
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Sep 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Never asked, what is your native language Riki?
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic