So is Capcom Dying?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

So is Capcom Dying?

Postby ghostcall » Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

phpBB [video]

i know this is old news but what anyone think/thoughts about this?

the fact capcom used to make the best games in 90s up to 2004 and most our favorite games were made by capcom...

if capcom does goes bankrupt what will happen to their IPs and how will it affect the game industry as whole.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: So is Capcom Dying?

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 14, 2013 2:26 pm

The internet is quick to ride on the doom & gloom bandwagon.

I'd say Capcom is fine, they have big IPs that sell quite well (One which just got released: MH4).
Worst comes to worst, they will restructure to be more profitable.

I don't think Capcom is anywhere close to "dying"... Though if they DID die at somepoint, I'd love to have Bethesda purchase the Dino Crisis IP :P.
Rikitatsu

Postby Castle » Oct 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Though if they DID die at somepoint, I'd love to have Bethesda purchase the Dino Crisis IP :P.

YES.
Maybe then someone will finally make a sequel worth playing.
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 17, 2013 12:57 am

Castle wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Though if they DID die at somepoint, I'd love to have Bethesda purchase the Dino Crisis IP :P.

YES.
Maybe then someone will finally make a sequel worth playing.

Yeah. Although Shu Takumi is still at Capcom and is totally capable of making a good sequel (He made DC2), I'm pretty sure Capcom decided that this series is dead-er than Onimusha. So I hope it least it lands in Tango/Bethesda's hands, unlikely as it may seem.

Welcome to the forums, by the way! (Also, nice sig. :P )
Rikitatsu

Postby Castle » Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am

Why thank you, nice to be here.
I hope you don't mind me stealing your quote. Gave me a good "lol".
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Postby Spera01 » Dec 07, 2013 7:21 am

Rikitatsu wrote:I don't think Capcom is anywhere close to "dying"... Though if they DID die at somepoint, I'd love to have Bethesda purchase the Dino Crisis IP :P.
Oh for the love of god, this please! I've been screaming for a real sequel since 2! I'd be fine with either a reboot or a sequel. I'd want Regina back regardless, though. I'd also love for Stephanie Morgenstern to reprise her role as Regina although I'm not sure how likely that would be considering she hasn't done much voice acting for games since then. :(
Spera01

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Spera01 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:I don't think Capcom is anywhere close to "dying"... Though if they DID die at somepoint, I'd love to have Bethesda purchase the Dino Crisis IP :P.
Oh for the love of god, this please! I've been screaming for a real sequel since 2! I'd be fine with either a reboot or a sequel. I'd want Regina back regardless, though. I'd also love for Stephanie Morgenstern to reprise her role as Regina although I'm not sure how likely that would be considering she hasn't done much voice acting for games since then. :(

Regina is a true badass.

I must say, I enjoyed the Gun Survivor spin-off (Dino Stalker). I replayed it a bunch of times, the story was also connected with Dino Crisis 2 (my favorite) with characters like Paula and Dylan making an appearance.

Also, where have you been Spera?!
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Spera01 wrote:

Regina is a true badass.

I must say, I enjoyed the Gun Survivor spin-off (Dino Stalker). I replayed it a bunch of times, the story was also connected with Dino Crisis 2 (my favorite) with characters like Paula and Dylan making an appearance.

i always felt dino stalker to be the real sequel rather then dino crisis 3.
ghostcall

Postby Spera01 » Dec 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Spera01 wrote:

Regina is a true badass.

:lol: I apologize. It's been a busy last couple of months for me with college and stuff, so I haven't been around here much. I've been lurking though. The slow news on TEW hasn't exactly helped either. :P

But yeah, Dino Stalker was cool. I liked how they continued Dylan and Paula's story although it wasn't the exact kind of sequel I wanted. That would require Regina obviously. I also just enjoy the gameplay of the first 2 games more than Dino Stalker but it's certainly not bad by any means. Replayed it a bunch of times as well. 8-)

ghostcall wrote:i always felt dino stalker to be the real sequel rather then dino crisis 3.

Funny enough, I didn't hate Dino Crisis 3. It wasn't a good Dino Crisis game by any means but I always felt that if Capcom just made it a new IP instead of throwing the DC label on it, it would have done a bit better.
Spera01

Postby ghostcall » Dec 07, 2013 7:24 pm

in other news.....

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Next

Return to Off Topic