Alien isolation Really???

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Alien isolation Really???

Postby ghostcall » Jul 09, 2014 6:01 pm

phpBB [video]

oh good DLC and the game didn't even came out. :evil:

Remember the Days we had to finish the games to unlock secret Content? i miss those days...... :cry:
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Morir es vivir » Jul 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Cool dlc!, bound to happen tho. Every character looks exactly the same except Ripley and specially Lambert. Yeah, sucks to pay in order to unlock shit. I remember when the era of not having to pay for games started 2, and it still continues today, i knew back then they would figured out some way later on to make more money after millions upon millions lost because of piracy, what goes around comes around, karma is a bitch, oh how opportune, the bitch is back lol!
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby gmc1992 » Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

ghostcall wrote:
phpBB [video]

oh good DLC and the game didn't even came out. :evil:

Remember the Days we had to finish the games to unlock secret Content? i miss those days...... :cry:

this
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby dan76 » Oct 03, 2014 11:06 am

I've been reading a few of the reviews for this, and mostly the very thing that gives the game it's high points (the Alien being random, unscripted encounters etc) seem to be the thing that is letting it down. I can see how hiding in a locker for three minutes whilst the Alien sniffs around outside can get boring. Another problem mentioned is the save system, in that it takes a while to activate, and in that time you can be killed - randomly. It's tricky because on the one hand being able to die as you're about to save sounds about right in a survival horror game, but only if it's a fault of your own and not chance.

Apparently there's also a lot of backtracking, and the central mechanic of hiding from the Alien wears thin after 20(!) hours. It always seemed that this game had the setting going for it but I was never convinced of the gameplay. Inevitably TEW will get compared to this in reviews, but so far I don't think it has anything to worry about. TEW gameplay is much more varied, engrossing.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby ghostcall » Oct 03, 2014 11:50 am

The Guardian – 5/5
Total Xbox – 9
Xbox Achievements – 9
PCGamer – 9.3
Eurogamer – 8
Metro – 7
Gamespot – 6
GamesTM – 9
CVG – 8
Videogamer – 9
Games Radar – 4.5/5
IGN – 5.9
PlayUK – 9
escapistmagazine 4.5/5

yep it sounds hardcore i will buy the game along with TEW.
ghostcall

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 03, 2014 2:45 pm

The IGN review, along with Polygon's, confirmed the worries I had with the game, so I likely won't be buying it. Although I normally dismiss reviews, when I read ones that relay my concerns for the game, I generally take them to heart- unless proven otherwise ;). I should also add that this seems also like a repeat of the Colonial space Marine versus Dead Space. I think it's the same case with TEW- Alien isolation isn't a great game, but a great marketing campaign cleverly hid that fact. Dead Space and TEW were great New IP's with an unorthodox marketing campaigns that detracted from it- until the reviews hit. Just watch :).

Why did the Embargo break the Friday before? I've never seen this before.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 04, 2014 2:42 am

ghostcall wrote: i will buy the game along with TEW.

Is that wise? Playing two horror games in the same week (Or even month) might burn you out.
I'm sold on Alien, but not getting it this month.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 04, 2014 5:51 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
ghostcall wrote: i will buy the game along with TEW.

Is that wise? Playing two horror games in the same week (Or even month) might burn you out.
I'm sold on Alien, but not getting it this month.

i never get burned out of horror games. :D
ghostcall

Postby Castle » Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm getting both the days they come out. I'll have a week before TEW and I can see myself finishing Isolation by then.
There seems to be two camps regarding the reviews for this game: the side that agrees with IGN, and the side that thinks IGN didn't allow themselves to be fully immersed in the game. The link down yonder shows a video of a reviewer basically disagreeing with IGN on every point and very clearly explaining why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoASxrs0Es
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Previous

Return to Off Topic