Alien isolation Really???

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Alien isolation Really???

Postby ghostcall » Dec 21, 2013 12:35 pm

like Aliens:CM wasn't bad enough that you spend fighting humans and robots more then aliens.

apparently in alien isolation there is only 1 alien thought out the game and you fight more humans and robots..... :evil:

phpBB [video]

why sega can't you make it like like Alien Resurrection (ps1) or alien trilogy?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Alien isolation Really???

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 21, 2013 11:48 pm

apparently in alien isolation there is only 1 alien thought out the game and you fight more humans and robots.....

That's still internet hearsay and rumors so it's too early to rage. Regardless, I don't think it's a bad idea to be honest, having one Alien means the encounters with it are going to be more special/threatening... Kind of like F.E.A.R, and how you fought humans and once in a while you encounter Alma. (Except this time it's more than just scares, and you can die). It's better than just fighting hordes of Aliens IMO.

Also, Creative Assembly are good developers, and I have faith this one should at least be decent.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
apparently in alien isolation there is only 1 alien thought out the game and you fight more humans and robots.....

That's still internet hearsay and rumors so it's too early to rage. Regardless, I don't think it's a bad idea to be honest, having one Alien means the encounters with it are going to be more special/threatening... Kind of like F.E.A.R, and how you fought humans and once in a while you encounter Alma. (Except this time it's more than just scares, and you can die). It's better than just fighting hordes of Aliens IMO.

Also, Creative Assembly are good developers, and I have faith this one should at least be decent.

they should take inspiration from Alien :Resurrection (PS1) for alien games.

that game was first person survival horror game it was better then it movie counterpart.

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Postby ghostcall » Jan 07, 2014 2:13 pm

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Postby Spera01 » Jan 07, 2014 5:29 pm

When this game was first announced, I had little hope that it'd be good. After the abomination that was Colonial Marines and the travesty that was Prometheus, hope for Alien(s) related stuff seemed grim... But after seeing actual gameplay footage for this, I'll be honest: I'm impressed. The game really does look gorgeous graphically and the soundtrack from what I've heard is very reminiscent of the movie... Actually, it might even have some of the same tracks (Could have also just been edited in with the gameplay footage though)? Gameplay looks great, very similar to Outlast from what I've seen, which is a good thing as I loved that game. Atmosphere looks thick and juicy and Amanda Ripley being the main character this time around is also nice...

With both Alien and Aliens being some of my favorite movies of all time, I'm hoping this turns out as good as it looks. Still have some concerns though. Not sure how this kind of gameplay could last up to 8-10 hours or however long they plan for the game to be. Only one Alien, while could be great at first, could get monotonous and boring later on. What's gonna break up the pace besides puzzle solving/item scavenging? I thought I remember reading that there were human enemies confirmed somewhere and if that's the case, I don't think this is going to be as good as it looks. Would much rather the enemies be entirely Xenomorphs for once... But we'll see I guess. Don't screw this up Creative Assembly, I want to give you my money! :P
Spera01

Postby ghostcall » Jan 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Spera01 wrote:When this game was first announced, I had little hope that it'd be good. After the abomination that was Colonial Marines and the travesty that was Prometheus, hope for Alien(s) related stuff seemed grim... But after seeing actual gameplay footage for this, I'll be honest: I'm impressed. The game really does look gorgeous graphically and the soundtrack from what I've heard is very reminiscent of the movie... Actually, it might even have some of the same tracks (Could have also just been edited in with the gameplay footage though)? Gameplay looks great, very similar to Outlast from what I've seen, which is a good thing as I loved that game. Atmosphere looks thick and juicy and Amanda Ripley being the main character this time around is also nice...

With both Alien and Aliens being some of my favorite movies of all time, I'm hoping this turns out as good as it looks. Still have some concerns though. Not sure how this kind of gameplay could last up to 8-10 hours or however long they plan for the game to be. Only one Alien, while could be great at first, could get monotonous and boring later on. What's gonna break up the pace besides puzzle solving/item scavenging? I thought I remember reading that there were human enemies confirmed somewhere and if that's the case, I don't think this is going to be as good as it looks. Would much rather the enemies be entirely Xenomorphs for once... But we'll see I guess. Don't screw this up Creative Assembly, I want to give you my money! :P

Aliens:CM was bad the fact gearbox outsourced the game and they used sega funding to make borderlands 2...
ghostcall

Postby Spera01 » Jan 07, 2014 7:41 pm

ghostcall wrote:Aliens:CM was bad the fact gearbox outsourced the game and they used sega funding to make borderlands 2...

Agreed. What really pisses me off is that Randy Pitchford still acts like the game isn't bad and that everyone is just delusional. I really wonder how he still has a job at this point...

Also, here's the official trailer for the game:

phpBB [video]
Spera01

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 08, 2014 2:30 am

Yep, this is looking great!
And perhaps the best thing about it is that it's actually going to have combat and resources scavenging, not just hide 'n seek like the recent indie horror games.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Mar 15, 2014 7:55 am

phpBB [video]

new Trailer and i doubt the Alien A.I would be amazing.
ghostcall

Postby ghostcall » Apr 07, 2014 7:57 am

phpBB [video]

Alien isolation interview.
ghostcall

Next

Return to Off Topic