Upcoming RE Game.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Upcoming RE Game.

Postby ghostcall » Mar 13, 2014 9:30 am

https://www.facebook.com/residentevil?s ... 0&app_data

"Submit your favorite Resident Evil memory for a once in a lifetime chance at getting yourself featured in an upcoming Capcom title."

obviously RE7 or a Reboot.

Thoughts?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Upcoming RE Game.

Postby The Nameless One » Mar 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Its definitley something new but whether this will be a spinoff or not remains to be seen.All i can say is that this is definitley an interesting find
The Nameless One

Favorite Title: RE remake

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 14, 2014 3:05 am

I submitted my best memory. I hope the next RE title does not have a 7 in it.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 14, 2014 2:34 pm

I might come off as a graphics whore, but the only thing I'm interested in is how good the graphics will look with the Phanta Ray engine... Everything else I have little faith in.

Didn't they say they will look at Tomb Raider and TLoU for inspiration in the next RE?...Yeah, it's not like you've got one of the best survival horror games off all time under your history, CAPCOM!!
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Mar 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I might come off as a graphics whore, but the only thing I'm interested in is how good the graphics will look with the Phanta Ray engine... Everything else I have little faith in.

Didn't they say they will look at Tomb Raider and TLoU for inspiration in the next RE?...Yeah, it's not like you've got one of the best survival horror games off all time under your history, CAPCOM!!

Capcom:

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 15, 2014 3:43 am

Rikitatsu wrote:I might come off as a graphics whore, but the only thing I'm interested in is how good the graphics will look with the Phanta Ray engine... Everything else I have little faith in.

Well, we all have different expectations. I personally do not care that much for graphics, but now that RE series is no longer glorious, at least having a magnificent graphic is a reasonable demand. Video game designing is like photography, its not all about the equipment, but more about how to use it. I hope that Capcom has learned from their previous mistakes and from their fans requests and apply them to the new RE title.
"As a side note, I am soo impressed by the CryENGINE 3. amazing engine. We probably might end opening a new of topic subject for engines, but this is a demo of the CryENGINE 3:"
phpBB [video]
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 15, 2014 10:24 am

Nemesis85 wrote:

Well, we all have different expectations. I personally do not care that much for graphics, but now that RE series is no longer glorious, at least having a magnificent graphic is a reasonable demand. Video game designing is like photography, its not all about the equipment, but more about how to use it. I hope that Capcom has learned from their previous mistakes and from their fans requests and apply them to the new RE title.
"As a side note, I am soo impressed by the CryENGINE 3. amazing engine. We probably might end opening a new of topic subject for engines, but this is a demo of the CryENGINE 3:"

Did you see Ryse? That's the latest Next-Gen game using the CryEngine 3, it looks amazing on all fronts. I haven't played it, but I watched someone do on Youtube.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 16, 2014 2:32 am

my friend played and i watched. the lighting was impressive. the characters, their skin, clothes,and the atmosphere was beyond realistic. I just loved it. I hope Capcom uses a great engine like this, or the one you mentioned earlier, the Phanta Ray engine, so at least we will see some jaw-dropping graphics, which hopefully will compensate the probable bad plot.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 16, 2014 6:34 am

Phanta Ray is being used with the upcoming Deep Down, and it also looks very impressive. (Despite the game running on 60 FPS). Assuming the next RE would be 30 FPS as usual, it should look much better.

http://i.minus.com/iWUhy3WCgXUNq.gif
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 20, 2014 1:22 am

Just wondering, as far as I have read, the CryENGINE is good for action games like crysis and call of duty, but what engine is perfect for creating a game like classic RE which is a static game? If the next RE title is gonna be a reboot, what is the best engine to use?
Nemesis85

Next

Return to Off Topic