Upcoming RE Game.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Upcoming RE Game.

Postby ghostcall » Mar 25, 2014 7:20 am

Bad News

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-p ... 4/68804459

-Reveal in May
-Full reveal at E3
-Coming January 2015
-XBOX ONE exclusive

Source:
http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Resident-Evil ... 37416.html

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:Just wondering, as far as I have read, the CryENGINE is good for action games like crysis and call of duty, but what engine is perfect for creating a game like classic RE which is a static game? If the next RE title is gonna be a reboot, what is the best engine to use?

No idea. But I was playing MGSV: Ground Zeroes recently, and the lightning is seriously one of the best out there. Kojima recently expressed the desire to make a Silent Hill game, I'm sure the FoxEngine would be perfectly suitable for a Horror game.

I think engines with elaborate lightning capabilities are most suitable for those kinds of games, because lightning is the most important visual aspect in Horror, IMO.

ghostcall wrote:Bad News

-XBOX ONE exclusive

Capcom are stupid, but not THAT stupid.
I'm sure it will be multiplatform, unless they want to kill off the series for good.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Mar 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Anybody think that the Xbox One exclusive is a Dino Crisis reboot? I think It sounds much more plausible- 3 was an Xbox only game after all.....Although I was hoping to fight dinosaurs again RE style on Playstation.

To be honest, the more I think about it, I'd rather have Capcom make a new Dino Crisis Evil Within style right now. That way, it can give them time to figure out what to do with Resident Evil- rather than rush RE7 out and tarnish our beloved series even more.

http://g3ar.co.za/2014/02/28/evidence-o ... uncovered/
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 31, 2014 2:57 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Anybody think that the Xbox One exclusive is a Dino Crisis reboot? I think It sounds much more plausible- 3 was an Xbox only game after all.....Although I was hoping to fight dinosaurs again RE style on Playstation.

To be honest, the more I think about it, I'd rather have Capcom make a new Dino Crisis Evil Within style right now. That way, it can give them time to figure out what to do with Resident Evil- rather than rush RE7 out and tarnish our beloved series even more.

I like the idea, we have all been so disappointed about the RE series that we have forgotten other great games like Dino Crisis that can be worked on and maybe compensate for their unpleasant recent released games. In general, I hope whatever the new title is going to be, it will be Old-school(which i hope you guys know what i mean by old school.)
Nemesis85

Postby ghostcall » Mar 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:
Jocifer666 wrote:Anybody think that the Xbox One exclusive is a Dino Crisis reboot? I think It sounds much more plausible- 3 was an Xbox only game after all.....Although I was hoping to fight dinosaurs again RE style on Playstation.

I like the idea, we have all been so disappointed about the RE series that we have forgotten other great games like Dino Crisis that can be worked on and maybe compensate for their unpleasant recent released games. In general, I hope whatever the new title is going to be, it will be Old-school(which i hope you guys know what i mean by old school.)

and hopefully it's not about the space dinosaurs.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they said the next RE will look at Tomb Raider and TLoU for inspiration... Doesn't sound like they're going to their old school roots from the looks of it.

Also, I can understand TLoU... But Tomb Raider? :?
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Nemesis85 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they said the next RE will look at Tomb Raider and TLoU for inspiration... Doesn't sound like they're going to their old school roots from the looks of it.

Also, I can understand TLoU... But Tomb Raider? :?

probably they mean it going be like 10 sec gameplay with 10 million cut scenes...
ghostcall

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 22, 2014 1:44 am

Is it wrong that I'm almost completely uninterested in the upcoming RE game- unless footage proves otherwise- and that I just want TEW to take over as the new survival horror franchise?

I should be stoked for this, but RE6 tarnished my love for my favorite series. http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/gam ... t-e3-2014/

I really just want them to sell it to Tango (Pending TEW's success).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 22, 2014 3:51 am

I am utterly uninterested too, unless the next title is a remake, then I am all in. I think TEW is an evolved progeny of RE.
Nemesis85

Postby Lazarus753 » May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:Just wondering, as far as I have read, the CryENGINE is good for action games like crysis and call of duty, but what engine is perfect for creating a game like classic RE which is a static game? If the next RE title is gonna be a reboot, what is the best engine to use?

I'm not too much of a fan of Resident Evil (sorry guys!), but do you really think that Capcom would use static camera angles, even in a reboot of the original RE? I feel like they are much too mainstream and interested in the cash flow to actually care about giving their fans a genuine RE experience a la REmake on the GameCube. It'd be OTS perspective all the way. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but yeah, I think that's the direction Capcom would go with a Resident Evil reboot.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic