REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby ghostcall » Aug 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Remake HD comparisons.

http://quackfluffy.tumblr.com/post/9388 ... remake-wii

http://quackfluffy.tumblr.com/post/9388 ... and-remake

seriously anyone planning buying pc version to mod a lot of things?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Morir es vivir » Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Sweet!!, looks like we will get the option to control the character like in outbreak. I hope they ad harder modes with slightly higher number of enemies and random enemy respawn. Also, different item locations like in Director's Cut would be a nice touch, but improved so that is random every time you start a new game. I would love to see Chimeras show up in more areas like Courtyard B1, Mansion B1, B2 etc....as well as in Guest house and more areas in the lab.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 06, 2014 2:08 am

Oww my god, I am having goose bumps. That is wonderful. Now I can play it again with my cousin and bring all those great memories back. I am screaming and jumping from joy.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm

I honestly don't like the look of this... That is some messed up contrast, and do I see some crappy sharpening filter applied to the whole screen? It just looks... rough. There are some improvements here and there, like the 3D models. But the rest looks bad, IMO. Not to mention their 16:9 solution is laughable and messes up the game design.

Why can't Capcom do a proper remaster without messing it up one way or another? Like the crappy textures in RE4 Ultimate Edition.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Aug 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I honestly don't like the look of this... That is some messed up contrast, and do I see some crappy sharpening filter applied to the whole screen? It just looks... rough. There are some improvements here and there, like the 3D models. But the rest looks bad, IMO. Not to mention their 16:9 solution is laughable and messes up the game design.

Why can't Capcom do a proper remaster without messing it up one way or another? Like the crappy textures in RE4 Ultimate Edition.

i don't think they want to risk too much or they don't have the money. :?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 07, 2014 12:53 am

We should not be so harsh on Capcom, now that they have done something positive after those failure RE games, we should be appreciative.
Nemesis85

Postby Biohazard315 » Aug 07, 2014 9:39 am

I agree nemesis cause sadly alot of people are being negative on this... i am buying this day one and importing the jap copy of the boxed version this is something to support from capcom and if most do i bet a REmake of 2 will emerge one day.
Biohazard315

Favorite Title: Silent hill 2
PSN: Jbird315

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Sorry, I'm going to say it how it is. It seems like a poor remaster so far.

Not to say I won't get it, but If I do, it's not for the sake of sending Capcom a "message".
If Capcom had more than two brain cells they would've gotten this message after the fans/critics outcry from RE6.
Rikitatsu

Postby dan76 » Aug 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Damn, I've always wanted a remake of this in the style of 4. That would be the perfect horror game, but now they're doing this I guess that won't be happening. It's just lazy.

Obviously it's a masterpiece, but I won't be picking this up unless there are alternate game modes we haven't seen before.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 07, 2014 8:19 pm

dan76 wrote:Damn, I've always wanted a remake of this in the style of 4. That would be the perfect horror game, but now they're doing this I guess that won't be happening. It's just lazy.

Obviously it's a masterpiece, but I won't be picking this up unless there are alternate game modes we haven't seen before.

Totally agree on the first half! I've always wanted it remade RE4 style as well, but with the atmosphere and scares still intact. Much how TEW promises ;). Hopefully Capcom goes that route for future games- but hey, maybe Tango can buy Dino Crisis and RE and make it their way, after this game ;).

As for the HD REmake, I want to be excited....Especially for the new controls....Though I'll have to wait and see if there's enough supplementantary modes and such for it to be worth a purchase. I would like there to be an actual physical retail version in the states too, even if it is a limited edition of some kind.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic