REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby ghostcall » Aug 07, 2014 10:56 pm

dan76 wrote:Damn, I've always wanted a remake of this in the style of 4. That would be the perfect horror game, but now they're doing this I guess that won't be happening. It's just lazy.

Obviously it's a masterpiece, but I won't be picking this up unless there are alternate game modes we haven't seen before.


no Thanks RE4 gameplay Does not Suit or fit with REmake because the game was never designed with OTS Camera the Map Design are Completely Different from RE4.

the game will become boring and too easy with OTS.

OTS worked with RE4 because you had to deal with Hordes of Enemies and Aim Enemies weak Spots to Kill Them Effectively that why fixed Camera does not work with game.

in REmake you had at least 2 to up 5 enemies only in a room at best.
Last edited by ghostcall on Aug 08, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ghostcall
 
Posts: 528
Joined: September 2013
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 08, 2014 12:07 am

I agree with Ghostcall.

Adapting an OTS view would mean having to re-design the levels and enemy behaviors, amongst other things, to the point it will barely resemble REMake.

If you look closely at all of Mikami's games, you would notice that almost every component of the game is built to accommodate the gameplay mechanics. This is one of the reasons why I think RE5 wasn't as good as RE4, because it simply copy-pasted RE4's controls and camera but did not succeed in building suitable level design around it. That part where you get attacked by the mutated dogs in the area with a lot of containers is a good example of what I meant, I felt a bit sick while playing it.

I would say they should make a new game with the ambiance of REMake and the gameplay of RE4, but like Jocifer said, TEW seems to be doing exactly that.
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby ghostcall » Aug 08, 2014 10:06 am

phpBB [video]


Please don't screw the Port Capcom. :(
User avatar
ghostcall
 
Posts: 528
Joined: September 2013
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby dan76 » Aug 08, 2014 3:08 pm

@ ghost call - I said that I would like to see a remake in the style of 4. Obviously enemy placements and environments would be altered to accommodate that style of game play. Here's hoping they do it with 2, though I could well imagine forced co-op again ruining the experience.

EDIT: I'm not actually sure it wouldn't work anyhow. It would at least bring some skill into the shooting. Altering HP leves and ammo scarcity could still make it survival horror.

I really thought Capcom might reboot the series. There is no reason why a single player game using the RE4 style gameplay featuring a spooky mention wouldn't work... Oh, wait, we've got The Evil Within :lol:

As for the Remaster they are releasing, I've played the GameCube version to death. It's a cynical easy way for Capcom to appear to be going in the right direction without actually making a new game. Wouldn't be a surprise if there's an announcement for RE 7 around the same time.
Last edited by dan76 on Aug 08, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dan76
 
Posts: 185
Joined: September 2013
Location: London
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby Remjexhai » Aug 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Resident Evil: Revelations was an honest attempt to blend RE4 mechanics with REmake atmosphere, and many fans still consider the game to be lacking that spark of immersion Capcom has been so desperate to encapsulate since releasing the aforementioned titles. My first playthrough was during a real-life thunderstorm, which did wonders for the experience, but I ultimately reached a similar conclusion. It's a shame really; like RE5, the initial trailer looked so promising. I'll include links to them for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0xReoS2nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIWhAAiNRc
"Listen: He's coming for us. We're both gonna die!"
- Brad "Chicken-heart" Vickers
User avatar
Remjexhai
Dare To Hope
 
Posts: 16
Joined: July 2014
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Favorite Title: RE: Outbreak
XBL: Remjexhai

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby dan76 » Aug 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Remjexhai wrote:Resident Evil: Revelations was an honest attempt to blend RE4 mechanics with REmake atmosphere, and many fans still consider the game to be lacking that spark of immersion Capcom has been so desperate to encapsulate since releasing the aforementioned titles. My first playthrough was during a real-life thunderstorm, which did wonders for the experience, but I ultimately reached a similar conclusion. It's a shame really; like RE5, the initial trailer looked so promising. I'll include links to them for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0xReoS2nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIWhAAiNRc


I think it was a step back in the right direction. But they dropped the ball with the episodic nature of flipping between characters all the time. Some of the chapters are awful. The stuff on the ship was good - shame there was no laser sight option.
User avatar
dan76
 
Posts: 185
Joined: September 2013
Location: London
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby Remjexhai » Aug 08, 2014 5:15 pm

dan76 wrote:I think it was a step back in the right direction. But they dropped the ball with the episodic nature of flipping between characters all the time. Some of the chapters are awful. The stuff on the ship was good - shame there was no laser sight option.


Very reminiscent of Alan Wake in that regard, which is an enjoyable games in it's own right.
"Listen: He's coming for us. We're both gonna die!"
- Brad "Chicken-heart" Vickers
User avatar
Remjexhai
Dare To Hope
 
Posts: 16
Joined: July 2014
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Favorite Title: RE: Outbreak
XBL: Remjexhai

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 08, 2014 5:39 pm

dan76 wrote:@ ghost call - I said that I would like to see a remake in the style of 4. Obviously enemy placements and environments would be altered to accommodate that style of game play. Here's hoping they do it with 2, though I could well imagine forced co-op again ruining the experience.

EDIT: I'm not actually sure it wouldn't work anyhow. It would at least bring some skill into the shooting. Altering HP leves and ammo scarcity could still make it survival horror.

I really thought Capcom might reboot the series. There is no reason why a single player game using the RE4 style gameplay featuring a spooky mention wouldn't work... Oh, wait, we've got The Evil Within :lol:

As for the Remaster they are releasing, I've played the GameCube version to death. It's a cynical easy way for Capcom to appear to be going in the right direction without actually making a new game. Wouldn't be a surprise if there's an announcement for RE 7 around the same time.


I'd agree, like I said. I'd rather not have an RE 7- but a reboot. Hell, a remake of all of the classic games in a TEW style would very much please me. The series has gone on long enough as is, and I'd rather this be a stepping stone to try and do just that, rather than determine what direction RE 7 can do.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
User avatar
Jocifer666
Moderator
 
Posts: 722
Joined: February 2014
Location: Astoria, NY
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 95 times
Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby SweetPoison13 » Aug 11, 2014 12:55 pm

I loved this video game to pieces on my Nintendo Gamecube. I'm not sure I will pick it up this time around although this is a tempting offer. I will need to see how much it costs and how much space it will ultimately take up on my HDD since I will probably be downloading it. To be honest, I would have preferred a physical copy.
Image
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
User avatar
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold
 
Posts: 62
Joined: August 2014
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Re: REmake REmaster on the way in early 2015!!

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2014 12:47 pm

There was Game going for RE4 on Classic RE Series.


it was called

Image

Unfortunately Game Director Thought the RE4 gameplay was not Casual enough so they changed it into a rail shooter.....

:lol:
User avatar
ghostcall
 
Posts: 528
Joined: September 2013
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

cron