New Silent hill in the works from developer Kojima!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Silent hill in the works from developer Kojima!!

Postby STALKERA90 » Apr 27, 2015 1:12 pm

SAD NEWS GUYS AND FANS OF SILENT HILL ..

Konami has issued a statement that Silent Hills has been officially cancelled.

The statement says that "Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued".

Speculation began after Kojima's future at Konami came into question, and the company announced that P.T. would be removed from the PlayStation Store.
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Ye, the Mikami/Capcom dilemma all over again. Kojima should forge his own studio just like Shinji did, no wait, he already has one right?, was it Kojima productions?, i believe is a Konami subsidiary studio tho, oh well fuck Konami. Is very sad that Silent Hill lost a golden opportunity to come back from the dead, and what a comeback would have been. Not to mention that MGS franchise is gonna die as well :o What a mess.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:Is very sad that Silent Hill lost a golden opportunity to come back from the dead, and what a comeback would have been. Not to mention that MGS franchise is gonna die as well :o What a mess.

Personally, I'm happy that they won't be butchering Team SILENT's legacy. I would totally be down for making P.T. its own thing, but I do not approve of continuing series after the original developers disband/move on. It's already been done to death with Silent Hill, but that doesn't mean I approve of Konami continuing to do it. The only reason publishers do this is because Silent Hill is a big name in the gaming industry, and probably will be for a long time. It's much better when a series lives and dies with its original developer. The same thing happened with Fallout, and I still wish Fallout 3 had never come to fruition.

Anyways, the point I had originally intended to communicate was that Konami will never let the MGS series die. They'll be publishing new MGS games for decades to come, just like CAPCOM has done with Resident Evil post-Mikami. There's too much money at stake not to.
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Jocifer666 » Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Oh my god. I don't know what to say to this news :(.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:
Morir es vivir wrote:Is very sad that Silent Hill lost a golden opportunity to come back from the dead, and what a comeback would have been. Not to mention that MGS franchise is gonna die as well :o What a mess.

Personally, I'm happy that they won't be butchering Team SILENT's legacy. I would totally be down for making P.T. its own thing, but I do not approve of continuing series after the original developers disband/move on. It's already been done to death with Silent Hill, but that doesn't mean I approve of Konami continuing to do it. The only reason publishers do this is because Silent Hill is a big name in the gaming industry, and probably will be for a long time. It's much better when a series lives and dies with its original developer. The same thing happened with Fallout, and I still wish Fallout 3 had never come to fruition.

Anyways, the point I had originally intended to communicate was that Konami will never let the MGS series die. They'll be publishing new MGS games for decades to come, just like CAPCOM has done with Resident Evil post-Mikami. There's too much money at stake not to.

Agreed, but i'm pretty sure they're so gonna butcher Silent Hill to pieces, both franchises are as good as dead. And i forgot to mention this also means no more Kojima involvement with Castlevania. Man, is a catastrophe of epic proportions.
Morir es vivir

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:
Lazarus753 wrote:

Agreed, but i'm pretty sure they're so gonna butcher Silent Hill to pieces, both franchises are as good as dead. And i forgot to mention this also means no more Kojima involvement with Castlevania. Man, is a catastrophe of epic proportions.

Kojima had involvement in Castlevania in name alone. Reports from staff at that development studio say that Kojima basically came in and signed some papers, then was never heard from again. Also, the second Castlevania game was a goddamn mess. You can read reports of the woes of that development studio on Kotaku. Lords of Shadow 2? I can't remember, sorry. This is all off the top of my head.
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby Morir es vivir » Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

^
Kojima's studio was involved in Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 1, and that game turned out to be one of the best in the series, as for the 2nd Lords of Shadow, he and his studio had nothing to do with it.
Morir es vivir

Postby Lazarus753 » Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:^
Kojima's studio was involved in Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 1, and that game turned out to be one of the best in the series, as for the 2nd Lords of Shadow, he and his studio had nothing to do with it.

Fair enough.
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 26, 2015 4:17 pm

What is this rumor that Konami is not making any NEW CONSOLE games?????????!!!! Strange, huh? Link to follow when I get home.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Morir es vivir » Sep 27, 2015 3:55 am

^ I hope is not the beginning of the end for the series, some0ne should take care of SH for good not for bad.
Morir es vivir

Previous

Return to Off Topic