RE: Revelations 2 competing with The Evil Within?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: RE: Revelations 2 competing with The Evil Within?

Postby liontamer » Mar 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks for the detailed post :D
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby gmc1992 » Mar 04, 2015 2:54 pm

just finished the first episode and its looking really good so far, the graphics and voice acting are better than the evil within's ones, there are some nice throwbacks to the classic re's in terms of scenarios and dialogue bits, the gameplay is much smoother than whats been shown in demos, there were some really tense and atmospheric moments but not as tense as the ones in tew overall its an 8/10 for me cant wait for the next episode
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby ghostcall » Mar 23, 2015 10:34 am

capcom get anymore more cheaper than this with the story.

the story is copy/paste the evil within story with alex wesker wants to take over Natalia body.
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » Mar 23, 2015 10:52 pm

ghostcall wrote:capcom get anymore more cheaper than this with the story.

the story is copy/paste the evil within story with alex wesker wants to take over Natalia body.

not to mention the final boss looks like laura, only not as annoying lol
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby dan76 » Mar 27, 2015 6:38 am

I finished the whole game after picking up the disc version. I think Capcom has done good with this one. It really reminded me of older RE.

Chapters normally consist of a few mini maps that have to be "solved" in order to progress - collect something from here, place there, flick this switch - trigger some enemies, collect key, backtrack etc. In this respect it resembles chapter 9 in TEW, only none of the environments come anywhere near being as good (well, maybe one does ;) ). It's not as linear, and the way the game is structured, doing something with one character can effect how the same map plays with another character. This isn't really a spoiler, but each chapter you play through as Claire and Moira, then as Barry and Natalia - with new areas opening up and different routes, sometimes whole new maps.

Capcom is stuck on co-op but this is the best co-op RE by far with some maps really taking advantage of this dynamic. I preferred playing through Barry's campaign as the way the game plays using Natalia is different than with Moira. I also enjoyed the bonus episodes, though there not much to them, they're a nice... bonus.

One thing that I wasn't so keen on was stealth kills. This coupled with the fact that Natalia can see enemies through walls makes parts of the game that should be a real challenge too easy. You can also stealth kill large enemies, not just normal zombies and I think this is a mistake. Imagine being able to see the zombies in rooms you hadn't entered in the original RE. Having said that I did enjoy it, but it totally undercuts the atmosphere.

Another thing it gets right is the tone. RE 5 & 6 took themselves so seriously. This one doesn't, it know exactly what it is and has fun with it - the voice acting is great. Comparing it to TEW doesn't do it many favours but they're kind of completely different games, less janky, more like older RE's and way less scripted. Pretty damn good.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby berto » Apr 16, 2015 11:30 pm

I think $40 is a fair asking price. It's kinda diet Resident Evil. Yeah, it's got pretty graphics and high frame rate but that a better game does not make. It's a more polished set up than the original Rev, but I still like others of its genre better.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Previous

Return to Off Topic