RE: Revelations 2 competing with The Evil Within?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: RE: Revelations 2 competing with The Evil Within?

Postby Morir es vivir » Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

ghostcall wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:A Journalist played the game and had a lot of praise for it, you can read his preview here: http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/09/18/tg ... 2-preview/

...But right after he played the game, he went to the PsychoBreak booth and tried it, this is what he said:
In a nutshell, The Evil Within blew Resident Evil Revelations 2 completely out of the water.

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/09/23/tg ... n-preview/

Funny that both Revel2 and PsychoBreak's booths were right beside each other.

it basically to me TEW vs REV2.

Soul of RE(TEW) vs the NAME of Resident evil.

Perfect explanation sir.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Castle » Sep 25, 2014 4:41 pm

I haven't personally cared much for any of the RE's since RE4. As good as the game was in its own right, I feel like RE4 started the departure for the series from traditional survival/horror. Every survival horror game since then has had way too much action. When I first heard of TEW late last year, I was excited that someone was finally taking horror back to its roots. Sure, REV2 does seem to follow the whole action oriented scheme of its predecesors, but I can see how TEW has influenced it to be more shocking in a good way. I'll be honest and say that RE would have to do something drastic to get my attention again, maybe REmake, but overall I'm glad that survival horror is getting back to its origin. I mean look at the Alien games, all of the recent ones have been mindless shooters with shitty stories and hardly no horror elements. Alien: Isolation is going back to the first movie to bring back that fear and I am seriously excited about it. With these two big titles coming out next month, I just know it's gonna make an impact as far as what the general gamer thinks a survival horror should be.

So now is a time of rejoicing, my friends, because this is the start of a new chapter in survival horror. Well more like it's going back to the first chapter when it was actually scary.
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Postby dan76 » Nov 17, 2014 7:13 pm

New videos showing controls etc. The great news is that the laser sight is back as an option. I'm also happy that the left sticks default movement speed is walking. You have to hold a button to run, just like RE4 & 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVJdFGDLL4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGF92wgsmNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLsRFrV7es#t=13

This being the TEW forum I'll just add that I think Mikami updated the controls and camera a bit too much - I can only hope for a patch to to give us a choice. I'm glad that REV2 has these options, particularly the red laser, though I doubt any other aspect of the game will reach the heights of TEW.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 08, 2014 2:34 am

I hate to say it, but the more I see released stills and footage from Revelations 2, the more I think it is a ripoff of TEW.

I mean this? Come on Capcom :P.

If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Dark_Chris » Dec 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:I hate to say it, but the more I see released stills and footage from Revelations 2, the more I think it is a ripoff of TEW.

I mean this? Come on Capcom :P.

This is unused monster from RE4's "DMC verison". Try harder...
Dark_Chris

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 09, 2014 9:33 pm

That was sarcasm ;).

Who do you guys think the villain is? My money is either Alex Wesker or Annette Birkin- especially the former, as Capcom stated only hardcore fans would know her, and that would fit.

This chap thinks it's Lisa Trevor though!

phpBB [video]
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Jocifer666 » Dec 26, 2014 1:32 pm

phpBB [video]

Ever watch Beavis and Butthead? I was playing how they'd rip on this, while watching :D.
Jocifer666

Postby gmc1992 » Dec 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Ever watch Beavis and Butthead? I was playing how they'd rip on this, while watching :D.

that would be amazing
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Jan 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Hey Butthead, what's the Halliburton crap? I thought it was Resident Evil heh heh heh.
Jocifer666

Postby dan76 » Jan 27, 2015 12:53 pm

So there's some new info out about this game, and to me it's still looking good. I loved raid mode in the first Revelations - it was a bit of a grind and playing solo became too tough - but it looks really good here. Yes, they're basically reusing assets from RE6 as maps, but that's not so bad. I would love a raid mode in TEW as the gunplay is so good. Anyhow, here's a discussion and run through.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/bl ... de-rundown

Here is some of Barry's chapter being played - whoever is playing actually uses the laser sight (mmm nice) and I also noticed that you can tell the AI character to to stay still and "wait" just like in RE4. This was always a problem for me in RE5 & 6, you couldn't hide the dumb AI away and have fun taking on enemies yourself. Well, it seems that Capcom have done the right thing (i.e. looking back to RE4 and copying as much as possible...)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l89i ... alkthrough

To be honest I'm yet to see anything bad about this apart from the fact that it has AI at all. My guess is it will be very short, and I think it also has... invisible enemies...
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic