Resident Evil 7

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Resident Evil 7

Postby ghostcall » Oct 26, 2016 4:43 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ghostcall » Nov 02, 2016 12:22 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Postby ghostcall » Nov 07, 2016 11:45 pm

and 2 final videos came out if you plan on buying the game and don't want to be spoiled about what types of enemies then don't watch part 9.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

also Tape trailer 3 is coming out early of Dec.
ghostcall

Postby dan76 » Nov 09, 2016 6:04 pm

I think they saved the best until last. Looks great, and I must have missed this a while ago but apparently RE7 won't have any cut scenes. That's going to be strange (in a good way).
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby chriskilla10 » Nov 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Glad to see you guys getting excited for it. It seems to be the closest thing being resident evil since REmake but now in first person. Funny how the number of people getting excited went from 20% to 90% from a couple videos that last 40 seconds or less. Bravo capcom.
chriskilla10

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby liontamer » Dec 09, 2016 11:41 am

One thing that Evil WIthin lacked was in game puzzles, and Re7 is apparently bringing that back. Another problem with Evil Within was how it performed technically. It required some more polishing, in my opinion, and I'm saying that as a major fan who didn't even care about RE a few months back.

But after having played old RE titles in recent months, and after reading promising news about this upcoming game, I have to say that I haven't been this excited for a game in a really long time.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby gmc1992 » Jan 23, 2017 2:00 pm

the game got an 86 on metacritic, higher than the evil withins 75

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... ard?ref=hp
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Jan 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Every mainline RE game other than 6 has scored higher than TEW on metacritic, so this isn't wholly surprising. I'm pretty sure RE gets 70 free points just for being RE.

I've watched streams of RE7, and I'm still firmly in the "no thanks" category for this game. So much of it seems to lack a personality. I'm not sure what their target audience was for this game, but it sure as hell wasn't me.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby dan76 » Jan 30, 2017 10:13 am

I finished up my playthrough on normal difficulty, and I think it pretty damn good. Where the game really shines is it's map layout and how you get from point A to B. In that way it really reminds me of RE1, 2 and 3. There's a bit of hiding and avoiding certain enemies - not only the Baker family - but after the first hour you are given the choice of combat or to sneak about.

Another fun thing is finding all the collectibles and hidden items. The rooms can seem chock full of stuff even after you first think there's not much there. The crafting mechanic is also well done giving you the choice between making health times or ammo. Gun feedback is fantastic when landing a head shot. They got this just right.

I immediately wanted to jump back in and play the Madhouse difficulty but I'm taking a break as I want it to be fresh. I'm actually replaying TEW on Nightmare on PS4 as I recently picked it up (I got it on 360 at release). The reason is that in some ways RE7 reminded me of TEW, and I think it's in terms of pacing. Capcom seems to have rediscovered how to pace a game. It's really well done, from the items and weapons you pick up to the game as a whole. Its also technically polished. Aside from the occasional texture pop in RE7 is rock solid, and playing TEW straight after doesn't do TEW any favours. I'd forgotten how janky it is.

So, yeah, pretty great. Not as good as REmake or 4, but it's a good start for a new direction of the series. I hope they don't screw up REmake2.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby liontamer » Feb 03, 2017 2:44 am

I really liked it, too. And I'm glad that the game has been selling well so far. Maybe this is exactly what was needed in the gaming world in order to kickstart the resurgence of survival horror.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic