Resident Evil 7

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Bethesda E3'16 Conference | Livestream

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 13, 2016 10:29 pm

So Capcom just revealed RE7, and it's First Person Youtuber-bait... That's one less game to compete with TEW2.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jun 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Rikitatsu, that actually just brought a smile to my face. I was sitting here mourning, because I thought that there was literally NOTHING Resident Evil could do to make me turn cold to it. They proved me wrong tonight. I was ready for anything they did... just... not this. Not a game that looks like every shitty uninspired slow-plodding first person indie horror game released in the last 5+ years.

But this is good news for TEW. Mikami wanted a return to survival horror's roots. Now he's the only game in town. This is only good for sales. Good for the games.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Doesn't seem to me like they have any idea what to do with the franchise. They saw the negative reaction to RE6 which was straight up action and instead of adjusting the level of action vs horror, they just threw away action entirely. And to see them claiming it's "a return to the series roots" in the PR grinds me gears.
Rikitatsu

Resident Evil 7

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 13, 2016 11:43 pm

The new Resident evil 7 trailer has been released, it looks like a massive departure from previous games and has a more horror element people have been asking for, fun fact one of the developers of PT worked on this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Re: Resident Evil 7

Postby Nemesis85 » Jun 14, 2016 12:15 am

interesting to see how Capcom has deviated from action to psychological horror in this series. I liked the trailer, However, I didnt get the RE vibe, it was more like Silent Hill. Anyways, looking forward to seeing more.
Here is another video of the game.Enjoy.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gameplay PlayStation VR Demo
phpBB [video]
Nemesis85

Postby Autoignition » Jun 14, 2016 2:01 am

They don't even fucking know what the roots are anymore, man. I'm really upset about it. How the hell can you go from remastering REmake and RE0 and then turn around and go, "Ah, I see! The true root of horror in Resident Evil was broken down, dilapidated shacks in a first person style view!"

The original REs had locations that were almost hilariously decadent and elegant amidst the zombie apocalypse, with more of a focus on mood lighting and empty space. I looked at that RE7 trailer and saw derivative "gross abandoned location" garbage. And what pisses me off the most is the fact that they stole a lot of imagery from TEW -- and that's not something that would normally upset me. The reason it gets under my skin is because it just hammers in the feeling that Capcom has absolutely no idea what the fuck they're doing beneath the surface level. They saw people say that TEW was the sequel to RE4 that we should've gotten, so they stole shots and perspectives from the TEW trailer to put in their own, COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT of why people even made those statements in the first place.

I'm not entirely sure if anything I just said made sense. I have been drinking. But goddamn. Fuck Capcom, man. Fuck Capcom and fuck RE7 and ESPECIALLY fuck Eurogamer for getting my hopes up here.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby dan76 » Jun 14, 2016 8:49 am

I don't know. I'm no fan of games like Outlast - me want some damn combat - but I'm surprised Capcom has had the balls to do this. RE6 wanted to tap in to the action market, what does this want to do? At least it seems like a horror game. I'm sure there will be gunplay, they wouldn't just make a big budget cupboard hiding simulator. ZombiU proved that first person horror can work. I'm looking forward to this.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am

dan76 wrote:I don't know. I'm no fan of games like Outlast - me want some damn combat - but I'm surprised Capcom has had the balls to do this. RE6 wanted to tap in to the action market, what does this want to do?

Seems like it's targeted at Youtubers like Markplier and Pewdiepie, FPV horror is the most popular type of game for Let's Plays. Free marketing must've sounded sweet to them.

At least it seems like a horror game. I'm sure there will be gunplay,

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, there is not a single mention of combat in all the info they've released.
Rikitatsu

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:interesting to see how Capcom has deviated from action to psychological horror in this series. I liked the trailer, However, I didnt get the RE vibe, it was more like Silent Hill. Anyways, looking forward to seeing more.
Here is another video of the game.Enjoy.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gameplay PlayStation VR Demo
phpBB [video]

looks good apparently the demo is on the ps store but I cant find it :cry:
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby dan76 » Jun 14, 2016 10:06 pm

The demo was in the... Demo section! First one listed.

Anyhow I've played through it a couple of times. It's good, not great. Very PT, but I'll take that over RE6. Looks like the demo
has to be replayed a number of times in order to trigger certain things or maybe even escape, no one has managed that yet.

Two things I noticed. The first is it states "single player". A SINGLE PLAYER RE GAME! This alone is cause for some celebration. The other thing is in the options
aim assist can be turned on or off - so it looks like we should be getting guns. Hopefully. Don't want to spend 10 hours hiding.

There's also a quote I read earlier (sorry, can't find it) where someone at Capcom said the demo was it's own thing and seperate from the main game... How separate? Will the main game control the same? Who knows.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Next

Return to Off Topic