Resident Evil 6

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Resident Evil 6

Postby Onestand » Mar 13, 2013 1:53 am

So what do you think of Resident Evil 6?
Onestand

Re: Resident Evil 6

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Mar 13, 2013 7:00 pm

It's a good action game but it's not sufficiently exploited. Some character are not interesting ( Helena and Leon too ) but i like Chris and Sherry. Some boss battle are very too long and boring. The story ... There is a story ?
And too much action, it's a Steven Seagal film or what ? -_- Crash plane, copter, ...

And it's not a survival horror even not a horror game.
But it's a good action game, the developers have made an effort
I'm french so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my posts
Blood-Curse62

Postby Yama » Mar 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Decent game, horrible Biohazard. Seemingly a trend for that series as of late.

While the series could take new strides in regards to upcoming titles, I feel a reboot would be the best option. Back to the basics.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 14, 2013 12:25 am

Blood-Curse62 wrote:It's a good action game but it's not sufficiently exploited. Some character are not interesting ( Helena and Leon too ) but i like Chris and Sherry. Some boss battle are very too long and boring. The story ... There is a story ?
And too much action, it's a Steven Seagal film or what ? -_- Crash plane, copter, ...

I totally agree with you. It's getting more like playing call of duty, but instead of killing people, you encounter a bunch of pathetic creatures.
By the way, I looked at your blog, it is "Amazing." Very cool stuff. I wish I new French :-(
Nemesis85

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Nemesis85 wrote:
Blood-Curse62 wrote:It's a good action game but it's not sufficiently exploited. Some character are not interesting ( Helena and Leon too ) but i like Chris and Sherry. Some boss battle are very too long and boring. The story ... There is a story ?

I totally agree with you. It's getting more like playing call of duty, but instead of killing people, you encounter a bunch of pathetic creatures.
By the way, I looked at your blog, it is "Amazing." Very cool stuff. I wish I new French :-(

Tanks a lot, it's not too late to learn french :)

@Yama : It's been a long time that i expect nothing more from new Resident Evil on HD console but RE Revelations make me still hope to have a true survival horror
Blood-Curse62

Postby Saint Ste7en » Mar 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Resident Evil: Revelations definitely has it's great survival/horror moments, and also great action/horror moments. Chris falls into a hole and breaks his leg, and mutated monster wolves are circling him attacking him and I have to wait for Jessica to come save him. I'm literally screaming "HURRY UP JESSICA! I'M GOING TO DIE! SAVE ME!" as I run low on ammo and these wolves are chowing on me. It's a great action/horror moment, much like fighting that invisible snake in Resident Evil 6. Revelations gets much scarier when the player is low on health. I'm riding an elevator up 2 steps from death and then a giant arm breaks through the elevator. Nowhere to run and I'm practically crying, "Noooo... Please go away! Go away!!"

But there are times (during the Revelations) that you're just playing as the fat Carlos with a machine gun and you're just shooting up hunters in an incredibly boring and bland action level. At least in the snow levels there are invisible hunters that are at least fun to kill.
Saint Ste7en
Big mouth

Favorite Title: Haunting Ground

Postby Nemesis85 » Mar 15, 2013 12:36 am

Saint, I will appreciate if in future comments, use the term "spoiler alert" if you wanna talk about the story of a game. I haven't played RE 6 due to school, but thanks to your post, now I know that something will happen to Chris.
Anyway, dear Blood-curse62, I think French is one of the sweetest languages to learn, all I know about French is how to pronounce famous French wines, well, not with an accent though lol.
Nemesis85

Postby Saint Ste7en » Mar 15, 2013 2:01 am

Don't worry, Nemesis85. What I said has nothing to do with the plot at all. They were just examples of great action/horror moments in Resident Evil: Revelations in direct response to Blood-Curse62's comment on Resident Evil: Revelations.

Oh, and on topic,

I found Resident Evil 6 an enjoyable action game. Unfortunate for Resident Evil 6, I'm not the biggest fan of action games, so I don't really play it much anymore.
Acta Est Fabula
Saint Ste7en
Big mouth

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am

I have already finished RE Revelations on 3DS ;)
It's a very good game, i would say as RE Revelations worked well we have chance to have new Resident Evil oriented to survival horror but certainly not on Resident Evil 7 because Capcom will lose money. ( Action -> Lot of money, Survival Horror -> Less money but best critic, but Capcom prefer money -_- )

Anyway, future will tell us how Resident Evil will evolve
Blood-Curse62

Postby Saint Ste7en » Mar 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding. The way you said "RE Revelations make me still hope to have a true survival horror," I interpreted that as you haven't played it, but is patiently waiting for the re-release on March 24th of this year. I'm sorry for that.

About Capcom liking money: I think they learned their lesson with Resident Evil 6 and that's why they're re-releasing Resident Evil: Revelations for the mainstream consoles. Action doesn't always sell like gold and I think they just learned that (a goal of 7 million sales? Goodness, Capcom!). Like you said, Resident Evil: Revelations got overall good reviews, but initially didn't rake in the money because it was made for a handheld console that nobody had yet. Maybe if the re-releases sell well Capcom's going to start making more 'Revelation' style games for the Resident Evil series. We can all hope, right? :)
Saint Ste7en
Big mouth

Next

Return to Off Topic