Mental Health Awareness (first hand experience ramblings)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Mental Health Awareness (first hand experience ramblings)

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 25, 2014 9:38 am

There was a big thing about it here this year, but really, does anyone understand? there's being upset,and there's being depressed.. upset, last a few days, depression hits hard, can be feeling rubbish for months, then you feel good, go back to work and that one c*** make that comment and it start all over again, theres one thing being upset, you cry, depression, and anxiety makes you scared of situation and makes you feel like you just wanna, jump. I hate it when people are off with... depression. i have had it since I can actually remember, i have issues that make it worse. Then they come back all happy and smiling. I have had it bad recently,. I have to have goals.. even small ones, like I have been waiting for tew since I heard he was involvied in a game, so about 4 years..

The other week, what ever lol.. anyway I had booked the week off to play it, my holiday. i have waited long enough for it. I have had ops that put me out of work for months, but that is not a holiday.. anyway. as Im said I put it off weeks pria release.. then the friday before they said "its not in the diary" I was friggin fumming..... to same it nicely.. all day I depressed, I was heart broken, it was the thing that had kept me going.. silly but it did and it was bing taken from me last minute...in the end. people I work with now, not my company, but the friend I have were straight on the phones, they saw me at my raw state of depression... not truely raw, but the close state where I am having a paic attact, pains in ym chest, getting agistating, feelign dizzy and... suicidal. BTW its not juist cos the game was going out... it was the fact i have wanted this one week off, knowing I was about to be cut open, the stress of like like my parents break up .... again and then my dad going back to her, which he'd lied to me about.. what makes this worse is that I cant get out. I have no friends here, they've grown up and left. I am older than them yet I am stuck looking after my dad. plus I have never been out with anyone, they have used me to get to my friends,, but thats another issue I have,, medical. He'd not married to her with a kid. I can't have kids no more... one thing I want more than anything.. so with my issued, adopting is gonna be frigging hard.. a long parent with mental issues...
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Re: Mental Health Awareness (first hand experience ramblings

Postby Lazarus753 » Oct 28, 2014 11:49 am

Hey. I've got similar issues too, but I don't want to go into mine. I just want to say, keep your head up, be gentle to yourself, and try to see a counsellor and/or pyschiatrist. At the very least talk to your family doctor. These things can get sorted out with medication, and the stuff surrounding your parents can be worked through by talking to someone. Needing help is no big deal, trust me, I would know
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm

had years of talking to docs, and all it did was take a wodge out of my bank lol. Meds, help, but the side effects are, well make you think is it worth having, I thought I would have it last night, earlier, I ended up being wide awake till about 4am, was in bed trying to sleep, but nothing happened lol then I got up at 6, darn things lol, roll on halloween, trying to complete tew before thursday on the ps4 to show my mate it (he has it but hasn't had the time to get very far , he does enjoy me bricking myself lol last time I was over there I had to play P.T.... it was very hard to bleep myself out with a baby around, making odd noises behind me :D
DaveOfTheDead87

Postby Morir es vivir » Oct 29, 2014 11:31 pm

I'll explain this briefly with little details. Last Christmas i hang myself, everything went black as i was choking, and i remember i couldn't hear either, after that i loose consciousness, suddenly i opened my eyes, and i was laying on the ground with my neck bleeding, the rope broke... then police came, i remember the cop's hands shaking as he was putting the esposas on my hands (i don't remember how to say esposas in English), then they took me to the hospital and from the hospital they took to a psychiatric unit where they locked me up until early this year. All of this caused by (allowing) myself to be exposed to months after months in a fucking nightmare. Now i have 2 jobs and i'm getting ahead slowly. Do not take medications, they'll make a business out of you, i have never taken medications and never will, it's a trap. Smoke weed. Laugh at life because if you don't, life itself will swallow you alive. After you get through all this tough fucking situation your're in, things will get better man, trusts me. In the mean time, survive man, survive!.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 30, 2014 2:21 am

Remember when my parents had had enough after one incident which was all a blur till I woke up. They were gonna send me in, but I freaked out big time. Had treatment, which was crap lol, and at the mo I am only having one tab when I feel it wearing off, so every two days I miss it, even though when i have it I feel like death and don;t sleep, so can't win, just knumbs be a bit, do get this sudden rages. I wouldn't hurt afly most of the time, unless it was peeing me off lol, but one second I can be having a laugh, then the next day something's smashed up, or I have bruises, then it slowly comes back, scary. I've only hit one person before but that was after YEARS of bullying, down the pub, I lost it, don't even remember hitting him lol, but least everyone was on my side, takes a lot to make me crack, but when i do.. its not good. I don't have that little voice saying, don;t worry about it, I only have one saying, they're right, you suck
DaveOfTheDead87

Postby Lazarus753 » Oct 30, 2014 9:12 am

Morir es vivir wrote:I'll explain this briefly with little details. Last Christmas i hang myself, everything went black as i was choking, and i remember i couldn't hear either, after that i loose consciousness, suddenly i opened my eyes, and i was laying on the ground with my neck bleeding, the rope broke... then police came, i remember the cop's hands shaking as he was putting the esposas on my hands (i don't remember how to say esposas in English), then they took me to the hospital and from the hospital they took to a psychiatric unit where they locked me up until early this year. All of this caused by (allowing) myself to be exposed to months after months in a fucking nightmare. Now i have 2 jobs and i'm getting ahead slowly. Do not take medications, they'll make a business out of you, i have never taken medications and never will, it's a trap. Smoke weed. Laugh at life because if you don't, life itself will swallow you alive. After you get through all this tough fucking situation your're in, things will get better man, trusts me. In the mean time, survive man, survive!.

I understand the way you feel about medication, but I disagree. It's not a trap. The truth is that it can often be very difficult to find the right medication. Once you find one that works for you and your brain chemistry, it changes your life. Without meds I literally cannot get out of bed. I can't do much of anything, due to Major Depressive Disorder. On top of that I have other disorders. Without meds I'm a total wreck, but on meds I am almost completely functioning, and am able to live a normal life.

If your medication isn't working, TELL your doctor! It often takes multiple tries to find the right one for you. Everyone's brain chemistry is different
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 30, 2014 2:38 pm

my prob is I try them, get em in my system, feel normal, then I want to take part in small events, like going out, but I like to drink, and with the meds its not a good idea, so I stop taking them to drink.. then its back to square one. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to take part in normal things.
DaveOfTheDead87

Return to Off Topic