F.E.A.R fans

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

F.E.A.R fans

Postby Malcolm Wade » Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

How many people do we have here that are FEAR fans? And if you played the third one and watched how the two endings went, do you see a fourth one being made? I can easily see how they can make another with the Paxton Fettel or Point Man story. What about Alma's child?

Anyone still play this once in a while?

It's hard to get anyone to play multiplayer on any console.

I have it for the PS3.
Malcolm Wade
Vril Summoner

Favorite Title: F.E.A.R

Re: F.E.A.R fans

Postby lolly_poopdeck » Nov 26, 2014 1:58 pm

The first one still holds up thanks to it's fantastic gameplay and creepy atmosphere.The second one is nowhere near as good but still manages to be a fairly fun shooter.The third one was so bad it killed any interest in the series for many people(including me).

Now there's a F2P online only Fear game with microtransactions:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/223650/

Safe to say I think the legacy of this series is not shaping up to be good.
lolly_poopdeck

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2

Postby Lazarus753 » Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

I know you didn't intend to, but you kind of just crapped all over his favorite series lolly. Malcolm just joined the forum, let's not try to drive him away right off the bat

Anyways, I have the first F.E.A.R., but I haven't been able to get too into it. That's just because it's older, I think. For some reason I feel like FPS is a genre that relies on nice graphics
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby lolly_poopdeck » Nov 26, 2014 6:44 pm

I only crapped on the last two entries of the series-the first two are great ;) .In fact the first FEAR is pretty much a classic in it's own genre.I suppose that raised expectations for the sequels sky high and might as well made people judge them harsher then they deserve I'll can give you that.
lolly_poopdeck

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2

Postby Malcolm Wade » Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm

That's ok. Everyone has an opinion about games. I'm not offended at all. :)

If they don't make another FEAR game (which I hope they do), I'd like to see them totally revamp the series for the newer consoles. Combine all three to make an epic "condensed version" FPS horror experience. By doing this with the graphics now and adding to the story it will indeed make the game much more exciting, especially for these younger gamers that are just now coming into the scene. Younger gamers can't really appreciate the older games like old folkes like me. I've been around since Atari days, so I appreciate all games. If it has a good story I will like it, if it has a good story with filled with horror, then I will love it. :D I think that these games have a lot of potential to be great in this genre. I've kept up with the story and I personally like the concept. Hell, I wouldn't complain one bit if the antagonist turned out to be Paxton Fettel in the fourth and had some clips with Alma throughout the game. The third installment may not be as good as its previous predecessors, but there was something unique about it that most people were overlooking, but we won't get into that because that usually turned into a pile of opinions, so I'll just keep that to myself.

Overall, I've really enjoyed all three and each one has its own jump scares & thrills.
Malcolm Wade
Vril Summoner

Postby Malcolm Wade » Nov 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Lazarus753 wrote:Anyways, I have the first F.E.A.R., but I haven't been able to get too into it. That's just because it's older, I think. For some reason I feel like FPS is a genre that relies on nice graphics

Yes, I can see why lots of folks would say that. When the first FEAR game came out it was something really big and exciting. I think this was one of the first few games that was released with the PS3 and that was many years ago. Graphics now are just amazing, so going back to play the first FEAR is shocking. Its graphics are so outdated it's almost impossible to overlook without getting bored with it before hitting Interval 02.

For me, graphics are great in games but I can care less about it. That's just me though.
Malcolm Wade
Vril Summoner

Postby Morir es vivir » Nov 28, 2014 11:22 pm

F.E.A.R 1 is a Masterpiece of a game in my opinion, i love the 2nd one, not as good as the 1st one tho. The clone soldiers AI in the first one is MAGNIFICENT. I love Monolith, they have made some of the best and creepy games out there. They where the ones responsible for BLOOD, the 1997 shooter. I fucking looooooove that game. They also made AVP 2. The 3rd Fear was made by Day One i believe?, not Monolith. I played at a friends house after release but was not as good as the first 2 :/
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Return to Off Topic