Resident Evil 2 remake has been confirmed.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Resident Evil 2 remake has been confirmed.

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm

So, I am going to make this part short, Obviously I am soooooooooo excited to hear this news yesterday.
There are pleanty of links that you can find, but here is the official announcement from Capcom’s Producer for the title, Yoshiaki Hirabyashi a.k.a. H, from R&D Division 1.

phpBB [video]

here is a link to IGN writing and talking about it:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/12/capcom-announces-resident-evil-2-remake

There are rumours about the gameplay style, whether it has static cameras and/or tank control mechanisms or not, but nothing has not been confirmed yet, at least to my knowledge.
I will update this topic , but guys, and gals, what do you think?
Nemesis85

Re: Resident Evil 2 remake has been confirmed.

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 13, 2015 7:07 pm

I know this is not about RE2 remake, but Yoshiaki Hirabyashi talks about some processes of enhancing the old version of the game. it is short, but I thought I would share it with you guys .

phpBB [video]
Nemesis85

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 14, 2015 10:50 am

woop woop praise the sun ya'll, capcom is starting to win back my trust
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Morir es vivir » Aug 15, 2015 1:39 am

gmc1992 wrote:woop woop praise the sun ya'll, capcom is starting to win back my trust

Dear believer, there are more reasons to be concerned than happy. There's actually more chances to fail than to succeed here. The announcement itself is a dream come true of course but it happens that we live in an universe where Mikami/Kamiya and most of the team that made RE2 are not going to be involved with this. Instead, the developers that brought you RE6 are the ones who are going to bring you REmake2. Funny thing is, there is a lot of clueless people out there that believe Hirabayashi and his team actually DEVELOPED the HD REmake from the ground up when they just remastered it, and while it looks gorgeous, they needlessly screw up quite a few things both visually and BGM wise. Anyway, I really want this to be amazing for the sake of us all. It's definitely going to look beautiful as its going to be the first true next gen RE, but i'm afraid is not going to do justice to the original like REmake did to 1996. I'm extremely curious as to how are they're going to approach to the job at hand. I'm already dying to see the first gameplay reveal to see the first glimpse of failure or (hopefully) glory. This Hirabayashi kid either has some balls, or he's just delusional to be willing to do it. This is pretty much Capcom's last stand at the alamo with this franchise. This is not just a new entry where failure can be justified. They are dealing with holy material. They are making a really serious move and i'm surprised it's actually happening, that's why i have a slight hope but my heart is stone cold with this matter.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 15, 2015 2:47 am

This is pretty much Capcom's last stand at the alamo with this franchise..

I totally agree. I think the sharp dive in their sales has urged them to do this, and fans wanting the remake is more of a cover story. If they screw up this time, they are done. I as well hope that they do a decent job, keeping the core of the game intact and just augment the resolution.
Nemesis85

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 15, 2015 2:06 pm

I'd agree gentlemen- especially that adding Co-op may unfortunately be a given :(, which would ruin it to no end.....But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us :)? Either way, this makes my Evil Within Homefront storyline need to be completed all the more- almost there!
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Autoignition » Aug 16, 2015 3:43 pm

This is going to get long, and I'm sorry in advance. RE is my favorite series of all time, so I have a lot of feelings about it. I'm really concerned about this, too. I know a lot of people were really excited when this news came out, but I was not one of them.

I understand that Capcom feels the need to compete with the Final Fantasy VII remake, and I understand why they feel that need. Both Capcom and SquareEnix have been on the chopping block for a long time for continuously screwing the pooch -- and I say that as someone who has a desperate and undying love for Final Fantasy XIII. The thing is? SquareEnix has showed its playerbase that they are ready to turn things around and listen to their consumers -- that they want to give their players what they want and stop trying to focus so hard on raw numbers. After all, if they give their consumers a quality product that people actually want to buy, then the numbers will just follow along naturally.

SquareEnix earned its Final Fantasy VII remake. Capcom hasn't earned their Resident Evil 2 one.

I have no faith in them, personally. And once again, I'm saying this as someone who liked Resident Evil 6. But, that is to say, I liked it. I didn't love it, and I don't really want to see it set the stage for the rest of the series. After the abominations that were Revelations 1 and 2 (I'm sorry to anyone who liked those games, but personally I found them to be unpalatable at best and downright atrocious at worst) and the overall "meh" feeling of the main numbered installments since Mikami packed up his toys and left, I don't see how they could possibly pull this off.

I think a lot of people fail to realize or remember that the first REmake was the start of Mikami's bad blood with Capcom. Mikami almost got fired over REmake because it sold so, so poorly. It's the reason why Resident Evil 4 turned out the way it did. He had to pull out something crazy and groundbreaking just to keep from losing his job (and he ended up leaving on his own shortly thereafter anyway, but for other reasons). In fact, I remember before TEW came out I saw an interview with him where he referred to REmake as his personal masterpiece, maybe even his best work ever, and that he still has nightmares about how poorly it performed.

Simply put, REmake was Shinji Mikami, and Capcom hated that game because it lost them money. I bet they're eating their words now that the remaster has broken certain sales records, and I bet Mikami-san is probably drinking heavily to cope with the terrible irony of the situation, but. Either way, even if I thought for a second that the success of REmake REmaster would be enough to make the RE2 remake in the same style (and I don't. I just don't. Twenty bucks says it ends up an over the shoulder shooter with co-op.), I don't trust them enough to give it the amount of love, care, and attention to detail that Mikami gave the first REmake. I fully expect them to rewrite the dialogue and streamline the campaign so that there's just Leon's scenario and Claire's scenario -- none of that Leon A Claire B/Leon B Claire A shit that made that game so unique. I expect them to cut corners and reuse assets from previous RE games instead of building a new engine from the ground up.

I screamed about this on twitter a little bit lmao but god the whole thing leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. Especially fans' reactions to it. Like it was said earlier in the thread, people are giving the current RE team at Capcom credit for REmake REmaster, not realizing that the game is 14 years old and only existed thanks to the passion of people who don't work at the company anymore. As much as I'd like to believe this is Capcom realizing how badly they've been fucking up and wanting to work to make things right, it just seems like a last-ditch money grab to me.

Poor Mikami-san. He puts out a gem like The Evil Within and gets shit on for not catering to every single person's personal wants and expectations. And now people are stripping his name from the game he's said he's most proud of. I wonder how he's taking the news of this remake, personally.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I wonder how he's taking the news of this remake, personally.[/quote]

well i heard hideki kamiya is blocking people on twitter for asking him about the remake, what should we take from that lol
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Aug 16, 2015 6:53 pm

gmc1992 wrote:well i heard hideki kamiya is blocking people on twitter for asking him about the remake, what should we take from that lol

Kamiya's always blocking people on twitter. That's not news. :lol:
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 16, 2015 11:06 pm

I think the biggest problem with all remakes is that, the studio has to satisfy two different generations, two different taste, mindset, and preference. The old fans which played the series almost a decade ago and feel nostalgic, want different things compared to the new generation. no matter what side Capcom chooses, there will be a huge group of players left unsatisfied. Just cant wait to see what the studio does with this gamble.
Nemesis85

Next

Return to Off Topic