the evil within 2 and 3

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

the evil within 2 and 3

Postby michael_dini » Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm

what do you guys think about this being mikami last game.could it be possibe that this will actually be his last series.it woul be incredible if this game gets great reviews and does huge sales keeping mikami around many more years in the industry with tango and bethesda bringing us the evil within 2 and the evil within 3.one last survival horror trilogy from mikami would simply be amazing.
michael_dini

Re: the evil within 2 and 3

Postby Yama » Apr 22, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm not against anything, though it's far too early to judge. For one we don't know how the game will end or what kind of story it'll tell. It could be detrimental to follow up, sometimes that's the case with well told stories that come to an actual end.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 22, 2013 9:26 pm

First of all it is too soon to make this kind of speculation. Second, I don´t buy the whole "last Mikami" game thing. When he announced this was going to be his last game as director it was before Zenimax bought Tango Gameworks. I presume that since Zenimax is the one providing the money for Tango they are the ones that will ultimately decide if this is truly Mikami´s last game. If the feel that having Shinji Mikami´s name on the box will help their sales they will surely do it.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Bethesda keep referring to this as a "franchise" so its not far fetched.
Then again, Bethesda expect this to sell 1 million units in Japan, so maybe they're overambitious in regards to the game's future.
Rikitatsu

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 6:26 pm

We don't know much about this game, but I can definitely see it being a good series as long as they don't lose their vision. Having said that, Mikami DID say that getting the horror right in this game is pretty hard, and that it's hard to scare players these days because they become accustomed to the scare tactics people use in games and movies. It could be pretty difficult to come up with new things that continue to scare people for three games in a row.

Even if The Evil Within was just a successful one-off game, it would all be worth it if game developers saw it and were inspired to create more survival horror games because they're enjoyed and are profitable. The big developer I have in mind is Capcom, which I'm sure you all knew that lol
Cyberote

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:09 pm

That what Hideo Koijma says but its not really the last game but a actually a beginning of a new game when you managed to complete project and then you will get new ideas and such for the next game or sequel when it becomes finish...
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby PrerendeRED » Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm

It'll be like RE: first one is great, the other ones will be worse and worse with every iteration.
PrerendeRED

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 1
PSN: TVippy
XBL: TVippy
Wii U: TVippy
Steam: fear_itself

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 29, 2013 1:23 am

PrerendeRED wrote:It'll be like RE: first one is great, the other ones will be worse and worse with every iteration.

I hope it will be like RE, because the first one was great, the second and third was even better. but please end it at TEW 3 (sarcasm).
Nemesis85

Return to Off Topic