What If Tango Rebooted Resident Evil?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What If Tango Rebooted Resident Evil?

Postby Cyberote » Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am

The Evil Within is looking to be one hell of a horror game and there are quite a few people working on it who also worked on what is arguably the best Resident Evil game ever; the Resident Evil remake.

There's been talk and concerns about a possible Resident Evil game reboot. Capcom has obviously lost their friggin minds, as we've seen with RE5 and RE6, so I'm not sure if they could reboot it for the better. So I began wondering what it would be like if Tango rebooted the franchise.

It would definitely be a lot creepier if they decide to stay within the survival horror genre and since Mikami is on the team, perhaps they'd only reboot it from where RE4 left off, thus rendering Revelations, 5, 6, and possibly the CGI movies noncanon.

Not something I think will happen, but it's something fun to think about. I'd go into more detail, but I'm really tired right now :lol:
Cyberote

Re: What If Tango Rebooted Resident Evil?

Postby Zero » Apr 23, 2013 4:30 am

Even if Capcom suggested so and asked Mikami to do it (which is unlikely), I think Mikami would refuse such offer :p
Zero

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: FiXalaS
Wii U: Zero97

Postby hess » Apr 23, 2013 10:45 pm

What if Tango rebooted Resident Evil? - No. People who want such a thing or like the idea of any kind of RE reboot need to MOVE ON!
Resident Evil is OVER.

Let´s move on into the future with new horror game series please!
»Ich bin ein Teil von jener Kraft, die stets das Böse will und stets das Gute schafft.«
GOETHE: FAUST – DER TRAGÖDIE ERSTER TEIL, 1808

hess

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 4:20 am

Sorry. I love Resident Evil. I'd hate to see it go, but I would also hate to see it continue down the road it's going. I really do think TEW will kick RE's ass in terms of true survival horror. I will always love the RE series, but I suppose you're right. It is time to move on. I just hope TEW lives up to the expectations.
Cyberote

Postby hess » Apr 24, 2013 4:49 am

I like Resident Evil a lot but the series has become stale and I´m pretty much just over Capcom´s BS. They have effed with the series a lot, so now I have reached the point where I am happy to let RE die and just have those earlier games remain as a good memories.

I´m also really hoping too with the new gen we will see more new horror series start up!!!
»Ich bin ein Teil von jener Kraft, die stets das Böse will und stets das Gute schafft.«
GOETHE: FAUST – DER TRAGÖDIE ERSTER TEIL, 1808

hess

Postby michael_dini » Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

i think we will eventually see resedent evil 2 and 3 remakes.there was a article a few months back where capcom said they were listening to fans and there is a possibility of this happening.re2make was only mentioned.im sure if it did well re3make would follow.
michael_dini

Postby Yama » Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

michael_dini wrote:i think we will eventually see resedent evil 2 and 3 remakes.there was a article a few months back where capcom said they were listening to fans and there is a possibility of this happening.re2make was only mentioned.im sure if it did well re3make would follow.

The problem is, Capcom isn't necessarily listening to fans. Perhaps more so now after what they deemed a failure, but not so much previously. They're listening to what they think are hordes of drones purchasing their games because it's a shooter. Meanwhile, a large number of those sales belong to people who remain disappointed, but keep giving them the benefit of the doubt. If the next title follows in Biohazard 6's footsteps you'd definitely see disappointing sales numbers, I guarantee it.

Funny thing here is they're trying to get a piece of the pie by pushing out what's popular. On paper it makes sense, but there's a flaw. Their game is completely inferior in comparison to most shooters on the market. If they cater towards the survival horror genre and market the game as being legitimately scary, it'd actually raise some eyebrows I feel. By taking a step back, they'd please both the fan base and make more money to boot. A lot of this seriously comes down to presentation and marketing.

Oh and I just wanted to add Revelations was a fantastic title. Not the best in the series, but certainly the best in the past eight or so years, literally. Definitely worth a whirl, especially now that you won't need a 3DS in order to enjoy it.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Spera01 » Apr 24, 2013 4:19 pm

hess wrote:What if Tango rebooted Resident Evil? - No. People who want such a thing or like the idea of any kind of RE reboot need to MOVE ON!
Resident Evil is OVER.

Let´s move on into the future with new horror game series please!

That's a bit harsh but at the same time I kinda agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Tango or Platinum taking a spin on Resident Evil or hell, even Visceral (Dead Space) but at the same time, I feel like it just wouldn't be the same.

I will say that the recent Resident Evil Revelations was pretty fantastic though, at least. Those craving for games more akin to the older titles who haven't played it should definitely check it out when they get a chance.
Spera01

Postby Cyberote » Apr 24, 2013 5:41 pm

If Capcom would just get a clear vision, set their sights on survival horror, and just made one or two scenarios, they'd sell quite a large number of copies. Their problem with 6 is that it was a huge, jumbled mess and they had to hire on way too many people to take care of it's many different puzzle pieces that, in the long run, didn't quite fit together.

Focus on a strictly single-player story. If you must have multiplayer, keep it in co-op game modes separate from the main story. VS modes just don't work well in Resident Evil. Chris's running around shooting Leon's and Sherry's just isn't right.
Cyberote

Postby Spera01 » Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

The problem with Capcom is that they're mainly just looking to make money over having a single vision on how the game should be. This is why RE6 came out the jumbled mess that it was. Not only did they try to appeal to everyone (both the horror fans of the old games and the action fans of the newer ones) but they also tried going after Call of Duty customers, which was just a recipe of disaster. I don't know why it's so hard for publishers to understand this. If CoD players want to play a shooter, they'll play CoD. They're not going to go and pick up a different game that's trying to be like it.

I think this video describes how I currently feel about Capcom at the moment:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6zkog2/gametrailers-com-memo-to-capcom
Spera01

Next

Return to Off Topic