Are you all Horror fanatics?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Are you all Horror fanatics?

Postby Yama » May 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Well said Ikari. It's funny too, because a players relation to what's on screen is what determines tension. Walking down a corridor wondering what's around the corner is oddly enough more exhilarating than piloting a helicopter through the streets of China while shooting down other choppers and hordes of zombies underneath. They simply don't get it.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby ProgenitorCastle » May 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Yama wrote:...the amazing Devil May Cry...

Oh man, what a gem. It was SO Resident Evil like, with the Game Over screen finishers from certain enemies (Resident Evil 3), the same guy who made atmosphere for REmake made the environment for DMC. A few tweaks, such as limited ammo and removing the swordplay, and it would play like Resident Evil with jumping. The amount of things you can check in that game's simply staggering. In the pirate ship, if you check one of the dead bodies, the game tells you that was a slave who attempted escaping from the ship. That's incredible, and immersed me in the setting even more. So I'm definitely thankful for that game.
ProgenitorCastle

Postby Mr. Sean » May 11, 2013 12:27 am

ProgenitorCastle wrote:
Yama wrote:...the amazing Devil May Cry...

Oh man, what a gem. It was SO Resident Evil like, with the Game Over screen finishers from certain enemies (Resident Evil 3), the same guy who made atmosphere for REmake made the environment for DMC. A few tweaks, such as limited ammo and removing the swordplay, and it would play like Resident Evil with jumping. The amount of things you can check in that game's simply staggering. In the pirate ship, if you check one of the dead bodies, the game tells you that was a slave who attempted escaping from the ship. That's incredible, and immersed me in the setting even more. So I'm definitely thankful for that game.

Devil May Cry was one of my favorite games to come out of that era. The weapons, the flow of combat, the bosses, everything came together to create one of the most exhilarating games ever made.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure how much people appreciate how progressive that group that worked on RE4 and DMC were. Almost every beat em' up that comes out now apes DMC and every third person shooter is still shows heavy influence from RE4. Looking back at that time for Capcom, its sad to how far creatively Capcom has fallen these days.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Previous

Return to Off Topic