Are you all Horror fanatics?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Are you all Horror fanatics?

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 26, 2013 2:56 am

I will be profoundly disappointed if it is more action orientated. we have enough action games.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 26, 2013 3:05 am

Nemesis85 wrote:I will be profoundly disappointed if it is more action orientated. we have enough action games.

Well, I can never have enough of Shinji Mikami's games, whether they are action or horror. :P
But I can see what you mean & its a very justified reaction.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 26, 2013 3:14 am

I said i will be disappointed, but that doesn't mean I will not enjoy the game. just knowing that Mikami was behind this project makes this game worth waiting and worth playing and potentially enjoying it.
Nemesis85

Postby Onestand » Apr 26, 2013 4:14 am

Rikitatsu wrote:So let me ask something: Would you still be excited for The Evil Within if it had little horror? How much do you value Horror in your games?

If The Evil Within had horror as much as RE4, well, yes, I would be excited.

I would love if The Evil Within had horror as much as REmake, RE2, and RE3. This is one of main reasons why I am really disappointed with The Evil Within. Apparently, it looks it has horror more than any RE title. That's just my opinion.

Anyway, I am sure it will be a great game with good story.
Onestand

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Yeah, I pretty much eat up anything horror related. Doesn't mean I think it's all good, but I'm open to giving most things a shot. With that said, I also love in-depth gameplay mechanics that are both fluid and challenging. In short, I'd absolutely love to play a true horror title for it's atmosphere and such. However if it lacked these elements and was a fun and fluid game to play, I'd still enjoy it. Regardless, The Evil Within looks to be both of things so it's the best of both worlds.

Onestand wrote:I would love if The Evil Within had horror as much as REmake, RE2, and RE3. This is one of main reasons why I am really disappointed with The Evil Within. Apparently, it looks it has horror more than any RE title. That's just my opinion.

You want it to have horror, but are disappointed because it looks more horrific than the entire Biohazard series? Not sure I understand this statement.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Yama wrote:
Onestand wrote:I would love if The Evil Within had horror as much as REmake, RE2, and RE3. This is one of main reasons why I am really disappointed with The Evil Within. Apparently, it looks it has horror more than any RE title. That's just my opinion.

You want it to have horror, but are disappointed because it looks more horrific than the entire Biohazard series? Not sure I understand this statement.

Well considering the lack of quality survival horror that we've been giving the last few years I feel its only appropriate that they really amp up the horror in this game!
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby Yama » Apr 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeah, obviously. He said the opposite though. Maybe a typo. :p

Just as excited about atmosphere as I am gameplay with this one. Perhaps even more so the atmosphere this time around.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Yasser » Apr 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:But most of you guys haven't really answered the question.
Would you be excited about TEW if it had little horror?

No i would not , look Mikami said that the only reason for coming back to horror genre because he found so many games first based on horror and then they all turned into action shooter game only (like Call of Duty) so what i mean we trust that he will never do the same , but if he did that no problem for me as i will play it for sure like RE5 and RE 6 but in this case i play these games for just spending time no more (i mean without excitement) , i hope u got what i mean!

Bye the way as you mentioned in thread that u have played RE4 , i really think that RE4 has ruined the series as i have played it on my PS2 and i found so many stupid things like gameplay mechanics including for example leon kungfu gameplay and co-op between (Leon , Ashly) all that have became something essential in next RE parts , maybe the only thing was good about RE4 that i have played alone most of the game and to be honest i felt little horror unlike RE5 or RE6 specially when i got attacked by the one having Saw , so my opinion is that Mikami with all my respect he is the only one to blame but maybe u have another opinion so i will be glad to see it.
Yasser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby PanamaRed » Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Yasser wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:But most of you guys haven't really answered the question.
Would you be excited about TEW if it had little horror?

No i would not , look Mikami said that the only reason for coming back to horror genre because he found so many games first based on horror and then they all turned into action shooter game only (like Call of Duty) so what i mean we trust that he will never do the same , but if he did that no problem for me as i will play it for sure like RE5 and RE 6 but in this case i play these games for just spending time no more (i mean without excitement) , i hope u got what i mean!

Bye the way as you mentioned in thread that u have played RE4 , i really think that RE4 has ruined the series as i have played it on my PS2 and i found so many stupid things like gameplay mechanics including for example leon kungfu gameplay and co-op between (Leon , Ashly) all that have became something essential in next RE parts , maybe the only thing was good about RE4 that i have played alone most of the game and to be honest i felt little horror unlike RE5 or RE6 specially when i got attacked by the one having Saw , so my opinion is that Mikami with all my respect he is the only one to blame but maybe u have another opinion so i will be glad to see it.

i just don´t get this type of people. RE4 is a fantastic game and also groundbreaking for its time. I dare to even say that if it wasn´t for RE4 the RE series would be dead today. I respect your opinion nevertheless.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 26, 2013 8:14 pm

PanamaRed wrote:i just don´t get this type of people. RE4 is a fantastic game and also groundbreaking for its time. I dare to even say that if it wasn´t for RE4 the RE series would be dead today. I respect your opinion nevertheless.

You're correct. Resident Evil would have been about as dead and buried had it kept going the way it was. But unfortunately Capcom has entered a "damned if you do - damned if you don't" territory. Had they kept making the games the way they did in the 90's with the fixed cameras and the wonky controls, everyone would whine about how outdated, unoriginal, and non-innovative it was like how they whine about the rest of the long time major Japanese game franchises. Instead, they decided took RE into the direction it is currently in and everyone whines about it.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm sure the attitude people have about RE4 now has only come about sometime after 5 came out when it became officially cool to bag on Resident Evil. When it first came out on the Gamecube, nobody had a bad thing to say about it. It's bullshit. RE4, in my opinion, still stands as at least on of the top 5 best games of this century. It was brilliant when it came out and it's still brilliant today.
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic