Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 19, 2017 4:33 am

Autoignition wrote:I know it's early yet, but I propose we set up a Discord channel and we voice chat and drink beer on the night of the Bethesda conference.

I was planning to do that with friends anyway, but I'd be delighted to have my evilwithin.net buddies there with me, too. This is a special moment for us. You guys have been so supportive of this site and this budding franchise. We should experience this together!

I'm down.

There will be a meltdown of epic proportions if doesn't show up, though :lol:
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Morir es vivir » Mar 19, 2017 11:40 am

Awesome news!! seems legit, hope is really coming!
User avatar
Morir es vivir
 
Posts: 235
Joined: June 2013
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Autoignition » Mar 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Autoignition wrote:I know it's early yet, but I propose we set up a Discord channel and we voice chat and drink beer on the night of the Bethesda conference.

I was planning to do that with friends anyway, but I'd be delighted to have my evilwithin.net buddies there with me, too. This is a special moment for us. You guys have been so supportive of this site and this budding franchise. We should experience this together!

I'm down.

There will be a meltdown of epic proportions if doesn't show up, though :lol:


Well that's what the beer's for. And I'll have whiskey on standby. ;) I'll mourn Seb-style.
User avatar
Autoignition
Moderator
 
Posts: 401
Joined: April 2015
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 20, 2017 4:32 am

So this popped up, apparently from 4Chan

>It takes place 3 weeks after the first game.
>You play as a freelance journalist named Randell Cooper, who traveled out of state to do a story on the Beacon Mental Hospital massacre from the first game and is also where his brother worked as a doctor. On the belief that the story is being covered, you take control of him sneaking into the hospital at night. This is the prologue
>Most of the game will take place at Randell's home city along with towns and areas outside of it after the prologue. It's called “Riverfall City”.
>Unlike the first game it will run on it's own engine specifically created for it. A lot of names are being thrown around but the most common name for it now is “Nightlight Engine”.
>It's scheduled to be released somewhere around October 2018. The first trailer will be released on this years E3 and a demo is plan to be playable later in the year.
>It will feature backtracking, something wasn't in the first game.
>Certain enemies don't die for good like in the first game.
>The burning mechanic is a bit more complicated than in the previous game. Randell is equipped with a lighter, and oil is used to burn enemies. Oil is limited and has to be collected just like the matches.
>You are able to “dual-wield” of sorts. You can hold a flashlight while holding a gun.
>Saving is done by using water. Take a lake, puddle, or sink for example.
>Unlike the first game there isn't a sole ending, there are at least three. They can be triggered by a certain way you play the game.
>Bosses can now be defeated in multiple ways.
>The tone has a more of a “Silent Hill-vibe” than the Resident Evil one.
>The upgrade system is removed. But certain stats can be increased for a limited time by different colored syringes.
>Healing is done by health kits.
>There is going to be a short live-action prequel. It stars the SWAT team investigating Beacon Mental Hospital right at the end of the first game.
>There is DLC planned. One stars the Keeper's daughter from the Executioner DLC with stealth as it's main control scheme. The other one is only in the planning stages but it apparently stars Joseph. There are also talks about VR with it.
>Shinji Mikami is not involved.
>Bethesda expects to sell over 4 million.


I'm leaning towards fake on this one... Reasons being

- How convenient for this to 'leak' just after the recruitment page is posted. :roll:
- This sounds more Survival Horror than 'Survival Action', something that kiri (legit source) once revealed.
- This feels like a "classic Survival Horror" fanboy wishlist... Backtracking and REmake style burning, no upgrades.
- October 2018 release and a June 2017 reveal doesn't match Bethesda's recent policy of releasing games shortly after announcement. See: Fallout 4, Prey, Dishonored 2 (Although that was delayed further).
- Bethesda expecting 4 million seems a tad excessive for me
- Last, but not least, It's 4CHAN GODDAMMIT
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rousseau » Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am

Rikitatsu wrote:>Unlike the first game it will run on it's own engine specifically created for it. A lot of names are being thrown around but the most common name for it now is “Nightlight Engine”.

Weren't there some tango job ads specifying UE4 experience at some point?
Rousseau
 
Posts: 31
Joined: August 2015
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Autoignition » Mar 20, 2017 11:39 am

Rikitatsu wrote:I'm leaning towards fake on this one... Reasons being

- How convenient for this to 'leak' just after the recruitment page is posted. :roll:
- This sounds more Survival Horror than 'Survival Action', something that kiri (legit source) once revealed.
- This feels like a "classic Survival Horror" fanboy wishlist... Backtracking and REmake style burning, no upgrades.
- October 2018 release and a June 2017 reveal doesn't match Bethesda's recent policy of releasing games shortly after announcement. See: Fallout 4, Prey, Dishonored 2 (Although that was delayed further).
- Bethesda expecting 4 million seems a tad excessive for me
- Last, but not least, It's 4CHAN GODDAMMIT



Yeah I'm calling huge bullshit on all of this. Red flags all over this post, but he might have gotten away with it if he hadn't pulled out "Shinji Mikami is not involved." I'd believe that Mikami wasn't directing, but to think that he's not involved at all when he's the OWNER OF TANGO GAMEWORKS is absolutely batty.
User avatar
Autoignition
Moderator
 
Posts: 401
Joined: April 2015
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Rousseau wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:>Unlike the first game it will run on it's own engine specifically created for it. A lot of names are being thrown around but the most common name for it now is “Nightlight Engine”.

Weren't there some tango job ads specifying UE4 experience at some point?

True.
However, it's also possible that they were seeking UE4 experience because they're building/working on an engine with similar tech and utilities. They aren't going to mention their engine in recruitment ads, so they mention the closes thing (Maybe in this case, UE4).


That said, the 4chan rumor still sounds highly unlikely to me.
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rousseau » Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am

Good point. They extensively hacked id tech 5 for TEW so they do have form on modified engines.
However I tend to agree with you that the rumour's a crock, mostly because of the timing.
Rousseau
 
Posts: 31
Joined: August 2015
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby ghostcall » Mar 21, 2017 7:52 am

so when will we expect TEW2 might be revealed then?
User avatar
ghostcall
 
Posts: 528
Joined: September 2013
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Autoignition » Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am

E3 for sure. I remember kiri last year saying maybe TGS 2016 but if not then definitely E3 2017.

And, well, we didn't get shit at TGS. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Autoignition
Moderator
 
Posts: 401
Joined: April 2015
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests