Leaked Footage From The Evil Within's QuakeCon Presentation

(Latest news and updates)

Leaked Footage From The Evil Within's QuakeCon Presentation

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Instagram users managed to snag a few short clips of The Evil Within's presentation, one showing Sebastian fighting Zombies, the other showing his head get cut off by the Chainsaw guy, and the last one is Sebastian in the Security Room, be sure to keep an eye on this post for more leaked footage, in the mean time, check them out below.

Videos: 1 | 2 | 3
Source: @mikeybnguyen
UNDER MEDIA BLACKOUT
Rikitatsu

Re: Leaked Footage From The Evil Within's QuakeCon Presentat

Postby Danfromumbrella » Aug 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Honestly, I hate to say it but i'm just not feeling the animations. I'm happy that they aren't copy and paste jobs but everything looked better in Resident Evil. The zombies animate very stiff ( and not just because they are zombies, just unnaturally stiff looking), the head getting chopped off part it doesn't even compare to the RE4 version. You don't even see his head it kinda just explodes.

It's just very janky looking, the aesthetic look is great, and it does look scary and more geared to horror fans but....they need to clean up the animations, even the zombie models look kinda bad which is odd because the official pics they looked VERY detailed.
Danfromumbrella

Postby Danfromumbrella » Aug 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I do not see this level of detail in the enemy models...

http://i.imgur.com/9JUqSQY.jpg
Danfromumbrella

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't see what you're seeing, the enemy animations looks great, better than Resident Evil. Also, how could you tell the level of details on these enemies from an shaky off-screen footage?

My favorite part is this:

Shooting looks great.
UNDER MEDIA BLACKOUT
Rikitatsu

Postby Danfromumbrella » Aug 02, 2013 2:24 pm

because the character models don't have nearly the polygon count as the pic i posted. I really think you need to re-visit RE4. It's an old game with some of the most incredible animations around. This is just not as smooth, that's all. If you watch the chainsaw sequence in RE4 and compare it to this one, this one just doesn't look good.

Now mind you, that's a nitpick. I'm just saying I'm a bit bummed because they have an all star cast making this game so i thought the models would be super detailed and the animations super smooth.
Danfromumbrella

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Danfromumbrella wrote:because the character models don't have nearly the polygon count as the pic i posted.

It's impossible to tell from that shaky video.
UNDER MEDIA BLACKOUT
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Aug 02, 2013 2:46 pm

To me, the game looks great! I don't really find any fault in any of the animations. Considering the enemies only climbed through a window and then died a second later, it's hard to judge their animations. I did find it a little weird that his head just exploded instead of falling off, but I can easily overlook it as I don't plan on spending most of my time getting my head cut off anyway. I love the GIF that Rikitatsu posted! The zombie animation looks amazing to me. It's just looks very realistic.

Besides, this demo may have been put together a long time ago. A lot of things could have changed. Let's wait for more footage before we all start to panic.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm

DampRevil wrote:To me, the game looks great! I don't really find any fault in any of the animations. Considering the enemies only climbed through a window and then died a second later, it's hard to judge their animations. I did find it a little weird that his head just exploded instead of falling off, but I can easily overlook it as I don't plan on spending most of my time getting my head cut off anyway. I love the GIF that Rikitatsu posted! The zombie animation looks amazing to me. It's just looks very realistic.

Besides, this demo may have been put together a long time ago. A lot of things could have changed. Let's wait for more footage before we all start to panic.

The head didn't explode, if flew off.

Also, this is the E3 demo, so its most likely an old build.
UNDER MEDIA BLACKOUT
Rikitatsu

Postby razorxc » Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm

rofl excellent thx, i hope full video comming
razorxc

Postby 2mad2bemad » Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Dan - the video is recorded using a hand camera or a phone, your not going to see great detail, because the camera doesnt record the fraps of the actual footage because its not been streamed to the camera,
even then the detail looks great to me, the game is still a long way from release so theirs alot they can improve in that time

1st vid was favourite meself :) looked real classic style shooting like RES1 :) would rather see the whole demo though :( this just leaves me wanting more
2mad2bemad

Favorite Title: Resident Evil1+2
XBL: ViiRuKS

Next

Return to News and Updates