The Evil Within Season Pass

(Latest news and updates)

Re: The Evil Within Season Pass

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 15, 2014 11:59 am

Actually, paying attention to the question in that interview, it specifically mentions "Sebastian's story". So Mikami's answer can be viewed in a different light:

"I’m still focusing on the first story, so I don’t know what’s going to happen yet"

In other words, Mikami did not deny there is a DLC in the works, he just doesn't know if he is going to expand on Sebastian's story.

Also, one of the posters in NeoGAF was claiming to have a friend working on the game, and he said. (Back in April), that a DLC is coming for the game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=171

Considering what the user have said in other posts, I'm inclined to believe he is legit.

Last, but not least, like razorxc said, this DLC plan resembles Dishonored's DLC plan perfectly.

There was a Mission Based DLC
And then two story based DLCs where you play as another character (Daud).

Which is why I think Bethesda planned this initially, and was not cut out from the game...
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Aug 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Well with all of that information, I guess the evidence speaks for itself.

On a completely separate note, I did a calculation for Daud's campaigns from Dishonored and together they take roughly 5 hours to complete. So when Bethesda said The Evil Within takes about 15-20 hours to complete, I'm assuming that might mean 15 hours for Sebastian's campaign and about 5 hours for Julie's campaign. That's going on the assumption that Julie's campaigns will be around the same length as Daud's campaigns.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby LeonEvil666 » Aug 19, 2014 6:10 pm

DampRevil wrote:Well with all of that information, I guess the evidence speaks for itself.

On a completely separate note, I did a calculation for Daud's campaigns from Dishonored and together they take roughly 5 hours to complete. So when Bethesda said The Evil Within takes about 15-20 hours to complete, I'm assuming that might mean 15 hours for Sebastian's campaign and about 5 hours for Julie's campaign. That's going on the assumption that Julie's campaigns will be around the same length as Daud's campaigns.

The length of time is depending of how you play the game of course. Take me for example, i am gonna search every corner in every chapter of this game. I don't want to rush trough it, I want to take good time on this. So maybe I will use 16-17 hours to complete the game.

While maybe another player rush trough it and don't search every corner maybe he uses 13 hours.

It's all about how you been playing it man
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 23, 2014 2:56 am

well although I am a huge horror fan, but when I play, I freak out easily and a lot, so the game is going to take a very long time for me to finish it
Nemesis85

Postby DampRevil » Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm

On Twitter, I asked Pete Hines about Juli's campaign and the Keeper's mission and when they'd be available. He told me they won't be available on October 14th because they haven't even been made yet. While I don't really believe him, let's just assume he's telling the truth. That actually bothers me that Juli's campaigns haven't been developed yet. I'm not a fan of story-based DLC's that come out after the original game. My main problem with story-based DLC's is that they usually lack the attention that was put into creating the main campaign. It's happened in Resident Evil 4 with Separate Ways and Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. I think Separate Ways was sloppily thrown together and it doesn't flow well at all. As for Resident Evil 5, I think the DLC's were well put together, but they're extremely short.

Overall, I'm concerned for the quality of Juli's campaign. If Shinji's working on it though, then I'll have faith in it.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Goochbot » Sep 24, 2014 12:13 am

Or they cut the content from the game and they're releasing it as DLC thanks to Bethesda.

Sadly, I suspect this might be the case. I still remember completing RE4 for the first time, on my PS2, the amount of post-game content was insane. It's something that The Evil Within will likely lack, post-game content in general is a thing of the past.
That said, I'll probably end up buying all of the content anyways, just not through the season pass. I don't believe in the practice, but I will buy DLC if it's good enough.
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 24, 2014 1:28 am

Goochbot wrote:
Or they cut the content from the game and they're releasing it as DLC thanks to Bethesda.

Sadly, I suspect this might be the case. I still remember completing RE4 for the first time, on my PS2, the amount of post-game content was insane. It's something that The Evil Within will likely lack, post-game content in general is a thing of the past.
That said, I'll probably end up buying all of the content anyways, just not through the season pass. I don't believe in the practice, but I will buy DLC if it's good enough.

To be fair, RE4 originally (on GameCube) didn't have that many post-game content, Ada's Separate Ways was only added with the PS2 version which released almost a year later.

But yeah, I wish we got a different mode as an unlockable... Something like Mercenaries would be awesome.
Rikitatsu

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Goochbot wrote:

To be fair, RE4 originally (on GameCube) didn't have that many post-game content, Ada's Separate Ways was only added with the PS2 version which released almost a year later.

But yeah, I wish we got a different mode as an unlockable... Something like Mercenaries would be awesome.

If we count Mercenaries as post-game content then I for one spent at least 10x more time playing mercs than story.

I hope Evil Within will have such a mode as well. The DLC thing is fishy. By buying DLC you give premise and incentive to put less content into core games and milk extra content later. DLC basically destroys craftmanship where a developer would put extras in the game because they love their work and want it to be perfect. Instead DLC discourages perfection and encourages compartimentalisation and 'loose ends'.
DeHeerser

PSN: DeHeerser

Postby kosmos within » Sep 26, 2014 2:37 am

I'm replaying RE4 right now, and I hope the Juli campaign is as awesome as Separate ways.
kosmos within

Postby razorxc » Oct 30, 2014 7:17 pm

razorxc

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates