Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this E3

(Latest news and updates)

Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this E3

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 07, 2016 6:38 am

Eurogamer has heard through the grapevine that The Evil Within 2, alongside a sequel to Wolfenstein and Prey 2 will be announced at Bethesda's E3 conference next week. It's the first rumor about the game coming from a major outlet.

Source: Eurogamer
Rikitatsu

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby dan76 » Jun 07, 2016 7:38 am

Just read this over in Neogaf. If true it's great news, though please keep that guy who made the dlc as far away from the directors chair as possible! I really hope Mikami is directing - don't we all.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 07, 2016 8:08 am

Don't think Mikami is directing, he seems to hint that he's passing the baton to younger staff, which is fine by me. The framework is already there and he will probably be supervising.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jun 07, 2016 11:38 am

I just stumbled on this while clicking through headlines at work. Hit me like a punch to the chest. Lungs constricted, overwhelmed with emotion, hard to breathe. There was like a solid minute where I was a second away from sobbing.

If I'm overreacting, I really don't care.

"Eurogamer understands this rumour to be true, and we've also heard Bethesda will announce The Evil Within 2."

I haven't felt visceral excitement for a game like this since Uncharted 3, five years ago now.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 07, 2016 12:08 pm

I literally had looked at this forum for the first time in a while yesterday hoping for the possibility of Evil Within 2 at E3, and the next day this rumor surfaces.

I mean, it's enough time for them to show something off if they decide to announce it though it doesn't feel like it (it has been over a year and a half since Evil Within released, and over a year since Evil Within's last DLC released), and I'm curious to see what comes from it.
Dusk Golem

Postby liontamer » Jun 07, 2016 1:21 pm

I know it's a major outlet, but how often do they get their rumors right? Because I'm extremely excited right now, and I don't think I could handle anything other than an actual announcement of the game at this point.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby DampRevil » Jun 07, 2016 1:42 pm

If this does turn out to be true, I would definitely be excited. However, an announcement for the sequel would be pretty surprising since the first game hasn't even been out for two years yet.

The mention of Unreal Engine 4 is obviously pretty exciting. My only concern with a sequel though is the development staff. It's pretty clear that Mikami might not have much to do with the development of this game, and rumors are floating around that he might be working with Capcom on the Resident Evil 2 remake. All fingers point to John Johanas directing the sequel. While I'm not opposed to him as a director, he needs to stay away from writing and focus solely on directing. Hopefully, stealth is entirely optional and not forced on us like it was in the DLC's.

Aside from that, I'll definitely be watching IGN's coverage of E3 and keep my fingers crossed for an announcement.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm

If rumors are true, I expect a teaser or just a logo reveal. Doubt they would show off the game but I'll be pleasently surprised if that's the case.

@DampRevil
I assure you the RE2R rumors are false because Mikami is still withi Bethesda.

Speaking of Bethesda... Fun Fact: Tango has assisted in the development of the new DOOM, their assistance sems to be in the form of character/demon designs... Yoshifumi Hattori and Yosuke Ishikawa were credited... Mikami was a special thanks.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Jun 07, 2016 6:45 pm

good and speaking of TEW.

Rikitatsu seriously clean that mess in off topic section.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Autoignition » Jun 07, 2016 8:40 pm

John Johanas just tweeted that Psycho Break is going to be free on PS+ in Japan next month.

[happening intensifies]
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Next

Return to News and Updates