Bethesda E3'16 Conference | Livestream

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Bethesda E3'16 Conference | Livestream

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 16, 2016 3:11 pm

gmc1992 wrote:if a sequel is announced it will most likely be at tgs since that was where it was first announced and tango is a japanese company, if not there we'll probably get no sequel :cry:

TEW got announced first in Famitsu as Project ZWEI, and then got officially revealed by IGN as The Evil Within.

Very few companies announce their AAA projects at TGS these days.
Rikitatsu

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
gmc1992 wrote:if a sequel is announced it will most likely be at tgs since that was where it was first announced and tango is a japanese company, if not there we'll probably get no sequel :cry:

TEW got announced first in Famitsu as Project ZWEI, and then got officially revealed by IGN as The Evil Within.

oops forgot about that lol but I wouldnt be suprised if there is no sequel since we dont know if the first game met bethesdas expectations sales wise plus critical reaction was mixed unless they're able to pull an assassins creed 2
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 16, 2016 3:42 pm

gmc1992 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

oops forgot about that lol but I wouldnt be suprised if there is no sequel since we dont know if the first game met bethesdas expectations sales wise plus critical reaction was mixed unless they're able to pull an assassins creed 2

I used to share your sentiment, but the recent rumours like the John Harker one, imply that they are indeed making a sequel.

When there is smoke...
Rikitatsu

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

sounds good to me, im interested to see where they go, will they focus on sebastian again or will they go with a new guy will it be in real life or stem either way im intrigued :twisted:
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am

They gotta keep focus on Seb after the big Myra reveal at the end of The Consequence.

Judging by the use of the title "survival action" I'm going to bet that this game takes place at least 30-40% in the real world, if not more. I can almost feel the brawls with Mobius goons hovering over this game.

Calling it here: Bethesda/Tango won't announce TEW2 until after RE7 is released to a lukewarm reception, just so that they can capitalize on fan disappointment and solidify their title as the new kings of horror.

Though I'm really hoping they announce sooner, because I'm DYING over here.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Jocifer666 » Jun 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Autoignition wrote:They gotta keep focus on Seb after the big Myra reveal at the end of The Consequence.

Judging by the use of the title "survival action" I'm going to bet that this game takes place at least 30-40% in the real world, if not more. I can almost feel the brawls with Mobius goons hovering over this game.

Calling it here: Bethesda/Tango won't announce TEW2 until after RE7 is released to a lukewarm reception, just so that they can capitalize on fan disappointment and solidify their title as the new kings of horror.

Though I'm really hoping they announce sooner, because I'm DYING over here.

You're definitely onto something! I can see Bethesda not announcing it until after RE7's excitement dies down- or waiting until after it's released to mixed reception and sales. Thought to play Devil's advocate: Competing directly with Capcom and RE7 could bring them significantly more publicity to their game. Even though it is riding on Capcom's coat tails, and it could also backfire- as many rival companies hire reviewers of their own to smear the rival company's product. And Capcom would certainly do that- if they haven't already.

We'll find out eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda want to take their times with releases and announcements this go around- to make sure each game builds hype and proper baking time, rather than shoehorning them in half baked. Remember how TEW was announced right at the time everyone thought it was Fallout 4? And it came off sandwiched between Wolfenstein, if I remember correctly? I can't imagine they'd want to repeat past mistakes. It would make more sense for the series longevity.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Autoignition » Jun 21, 2016 10:58 am

A couple of friends and I were talking about your devil's advocate point, too -- about how Capcom basically just handed Bethesda/Tango the entire survival horror market. With Konami shutting down its AAA console studios and RE going the way of FPP indie-style horror, there's literally no one else left on the playing field who's making AAA third person survival horror. If that's what people are looking for, now their only option left is The Evil Within. By contrast, the horror market is already incredibly saturated with FPP haunted house simulators. It's kind of a heinously stupid move on Capcom's part. I'm not sure they realized just how much they gave up by remapping their horror juggernaut's course.

It would be extremely ballsy of Bethesda/Tango to try to go head-to-head with RE7 just to show Capcom how badly they fucked up, but even if they wanted to, it sounds like the game isn't even remotely ready for anywhere near a January 2017 release.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Previous

Return to News and Updates