Pete Hines: TEW Sold Well Enough To Warrant A Sequel

(Latest news and updates)

Pete Hines: TEW Sold Well Enough To Warrant A Sequel

Postby ghostcall » Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Image

In an Interview with Finder, Pete Hines of Bethesda was asked if The Evil Within had sold well enough to warrant a sequel, and Pete answered "Yes!" without hesitation. However, he did not confirm or deny if a sequel is actually in development. This is most likely the first time Bethesda have commented on TEW's sales performance.

Source: Finder.com.au
User avatar
ghostcall
 
Posts: 528
Joined: September 2013
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby Autoignition » Aug 08, 2016 10:18 pm

["Quit Playin' Games With My Heart" by the Backstreet Boys plays aggressively in the background]

This is the first time we've heard anything directly from Bethesda about TEW's sales. I SEE YOUR ENTHUSIASM, PETE HINES. I SEE IT.

Please God let us be close to an announcement. My heart skipped a beat at this article, and I gasped audibly. I'm going to try not to get too excited, though, because that enthusiastic immediate "Yes!" is the same response Sam Lake gave when he was asked if we were getting Alan Wake 2, and then a few months later Remedy released a statement that was like, "Hey we're working on two things post-Quantum Break and neither one of them are Alan Wake 2, sorry!" I know, I know, different publisher, different studio, but shit happens is what I'm saying.
User avatar
Autoignition
Moderator
 
Posts: 411
Joined: April 2015
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 08, 2016 11:53 pm

That's great to hear, finally someone asked him about it!
The question now is WHEN? When is the reveal?! Can Bethesda give TEW2 the spotlight when they have Dishonoured 2, Prey, Quake Champions coming up? And at which event, if any, they're gonna reveal it? TGS? Too irrelevant nowadays. Gamescom? Too soon, we just had Quakecon...VGA's? Possibly. E3'17? Highly likely. All I know is I'm getting impatient... Checking the internet everyday for any mention of Tango/TEW... Bethesda plz, throw me a bone!
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby extravagant » Aug 09, 2016 1:23 am

extravagant
 
Posts: 37
Joined: October 2014
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby Autoignition » Aug 09, 2016 1:48 am

Rikitatsu wrote:That's great to hear, finally someone asked him about it!
The question now is WHEN? When is the reveal?! Can Bethesda give TEW2 the spotlight when they have Dishonoured 2, Prey, Quake Champions coming up? And at which event, if any, they're gonna reveal it? TGS? Too irrelevant nowadays. Gamescom? Too soon, we just had Quakecon...VGA's? Possibly. E3'17? Highly likely. All I know is I'm getting impatient... Checking the internet everyday for any mention of Tango/TEW... Bethesda plz, throw me a bone!


Look at you!!! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D After seeing you be cautious for so long on these boards, seeing you get excited now makes this quasi-announcement so much more powerful. This is like a "I want to take both your hands in mine and scream and jump up and down" kind of moment.

I would DIE if they announced it at the VGAs. That would be one hell of an announcement, right before RE7's release to maybe blunt the hype. It would be a brilliant marketing strategy actually, especially with so many people lamenting the loss of yet another third person horror series.
User avatar
Autoignition
Moderator
 
Posts: 411
Joined: April 2015
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby JoeKilledKenney2016 » Aug 09, 2016 9:21 am

If The Evil Within sequel gets announced either VGA or E3 2017, will it return to survival horror with Resident Evil Remake vibe in 3rd person view?
JoeKilledKenney2016
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 2016
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 09, 2016 10:49 am

Autoignition wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:That's great to hear, finally someone asked him about it!
The question now is WHEN? When is the reveal?! Can Bethesda give TEW2 the spotlight when they have Dishonoured 2, Prey, Quake Champions coming up? And at which event, if any, they're gonna reveal it? TGS? Too irrelevant nowadays. Gamescom? Too soon, we just had Quakecon...VGA's? Possibly. E3'17? Highly likely. All I know is I'm getting impatient... Checking the internet everyday for any mention of Tango/TEW... Bethesda plz, throw me a bone!


Look at you!!! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D After seeing you be cautious for so long on these boards, seeing you get excited now makes this quasi-announcement so much more powerful. This is like a "I want to take both your hands in mine and scream and jump up and down" kind of moment.

I would DIE if they announced it at the VGAs. That would be one hell of an announcement, right before RE7's release to maybe blunt the hype. It would be a brilliant marketing strategy actually, especially with so many people lamenting the loss of yet another third person horror series.

Hehe I can only resist the hype for so long :lol: Your infectious optimism helped immensely

VGA's would be the type of event I can see Bethetsda utilize for a TEW2 announcement. Especially when Dishonoured 2 would be already out by then. Then again, they could announce Wolfenstien: The New Colossus instead, which seems further along that TEW2 considering they teased it at E3.

JoeKilledKenney2016 wrote:If The Evil Within sequel gets announced either VGA or E3 2017, will it return to survival horror with Resident Evil Remake vibe in 3rd person view?

Who knows... One reputable insider said it will be "Survival Action".
Image
User avatar
Rikitatsu
Moderator
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: November 2012
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 249 times

evil within sequel possible

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 09, 2016 11:01 am

in an interview with pete hines, pete said that the evil within sold enough copies to warrant a sequel, let the hype train commence http://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-hints-a ... e-sequels/
gmc1992
 
Posts: 244
Joined: May 2014
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 09, 2016 11:02 am

Im excited for this while it wasnt a perfect game I think the foundation is strong enough you could possibly make a franchise on it but I wonder if Shinji would be ok with it
gmc1992
 
Posts: 244
Joined: May 2014
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby dan76 » Aug 09, 2016 3:18 pm

This is confirmation, isn't it? That's how I'm taking it. Man, I hope Mikami is directing...
User avatar
dan76
 
Posts: 183
Joined: September 2013
Location: London
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Next

Return to News and Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests

cron