Pete Hines: TEW Sold Well Enough To Warrant A Sequel

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Eurogamer Rumor: The Evil Within 2 to be announced this

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 09, 2016 3:52 pm

dan76 wrote:This is confirmation, isn't it? That's how I'm taking it.

I wouldn't go that far, but the way he answered the TEW question compared to the RAGE one is pretty telling.

Did The Evil Within sell well enough to warrant a sequel?

Pete Hines: (Without hesitation) Yes!

What about Rage?

Pete Hines: I think so.

EDIT: ghostcall, I edited your post and made it the OP of a new thread, I hope you don't mind.
Rikitatsu

Re: Pete Hines: TEW Sold Well Enough To Warrant A Sequel

Postby ghostcall » Aug 09, 2016 4:14 pm

no problem plz announce the sequel bethesda.

:)
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Autoignition » Aug 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Yeah, I was talking about this with a friend last night. His enthusiasm gap between talking about TEW and Rage is striking. Other than "yes!" vs "I think so" there was also the matter of him going out of his way to say, "Well, I liked Rage, but we have a lot of things in the works right now, so..." He didn't make that same distinction about TEW. It was just "Yes!" Period.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby liontamer » Aug 10, 2016 10:54 pm

I shouldn't get excited reading these reports, but I really can't help it. I cannot help it! Announce the game already Bethesda! DO IT.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby eaterofsoulsxx » Aug 14, 2016 3:53 am

there are literally no words on how I can describe my happiness towards the news. But we all have to wait and see. But I really hope this is true. I really do! I loved the first one so much that it inspired me to make a scary game. Well, I plan on it. I miss THIRD PERSON SURVIVAL HORROR.
eaterofsoulsxx
have no fear.

Favorite Title: Anything really.

Postby liontamer » Dec 09, 2016 11:38 am

I don't know... Looking back at all the major survival horror games from the past (Silent Hill, RE), a sequel would usually coming out within two years. I'm not saying that should dictate the future of Evil Within in any way, but I've lost so much hope recently... It sucks. *sigh*.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rousseau » Dec 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Yeah, but there was a 4 year gap between Dishonored and the sequel, and assuming that there's a Wolfenstein sequel in development, it will be released at least 3 years after the first one. Longish gaps aren't that strange for Bethesda.

There's also the Resi 7 factor. Assuming TEW2 is in dev, if I were making decisions at Bethesda then I'd wait till March to announce it. That'd allow them to be the only hype train in town, AAA horror-wise.
Rousseau

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 28, 2016 12:11 am

There's this Reddit rumor about upcoming Nintendo Switch games, and it says that Nintendo partnered with Bethesda to get a Tango Gameworks exclusive

Nintendo's long term game plan to reach out to Bethesda is a deal in motion with Tango Gameworks to have Bethesda lend them their studio to create and I quote "A first party western IP that Tango's art and history would excel in" sometime in 2018 or 2019

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MOl ... 8932224254

I didn't make a new post for this because the entire thing reads like a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream... So much unrealistic shit... To begin with, Bethesda will never make a console exclusive, let alone a Nintendo exclusive (the company they avoided for decades). Plus, we already know Tango was hiring for PS4/XBO development.
Rikitatsu

Postby Onestand » Dec 30, 2016 2:36 am

If Tango want me to buy their next game, number of things have to happen , because I am really not impressed with the evil within:-

1- I hope that Tango's next game is a new IP. A new Survival Horror IP.

2- The director of this game should be Shigenori Nishikawa , the Evil Within lead game designer and one of main planners of Resident Evil Remake, not Shinji Mikami.

3- I hope the art director is Naoki Katakai.

4- Tango should hire a great Japanese writer ( or writers ) , writing the script for the game.

5- I want enemy / monsters design to be new and unique.
Onestand

Postby litost88 » Jan 16, 2017 1:44 am

I'm truly excited for a sequel. Do you think we got chances to see an EW2 announcement coming up this year??
litost88

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates