Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 21, 2017 6:36 pm

I hope we see some gameplay, though. But we're probably going to settle for some CGI trailer/teaser.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 21, 2017 7:02 pm

I think it depends! If the game launches on Halloween, there might be some gameplay mixed in with the announcement trailer.

If not, we'll be seeing gameplay before long regardless. :mrgreen:

EDIT: ALSO! I wanted to share this with you guys. This is from a buddy of mine over on the Tumblr side of fandom. She lives in Japan and has done the exact job that Tango is hiring for currently. These are her thoughts on the listing AND the 4chan "leak":

So, if they’re looking for just one person to translate all bug reports submitted by Japanese testing staff into English for the overseas development staff and then translate the overseas dev staff instructions back to Japan (hmm) then we really should be seeing the game soon. Check the dates - this job will run April until October. Usually debugging is the last thing to be done, and they will keep doing it until the very last minute. (This is important. You don’t do QA and just stop when you’re done and then sit around and wait for the release date to arrive. You squeeze every last second of time you have left to polish and polish until there is literally nothing left. And if the game ends up with bugs at the end of that then there wasn’t enough time. This is one reason why release dates get pushed back. Remember TEW got pushed back.)

As a JP-EN translator I’ve worked in localisation text debugging and the time frame fits with my experience. I think the last game I worked on in-house was in stores only like a month after we were told to stop. And I’ll note we were seeing gameplay bugs even as we worked which would be cleaned up with the next build we got - localisation QA and overall QA were concurrent in some cases with simultaneous JP/multi-lang releases.

(Now consider that info dump leak which said the game would be out in October 2018… for that to be true, this job listing can’t be.)

Even though in this case having everything translated Eng-Jp and back again is going to add an extra step to the process. Rather than just report and fix within the country and one language.

Oh man I hated correcting bugs. Soooo tedious and time-consuming. Especially in localisation where everything is an “opinion”. At least with gameplay bugs your character’s head is either see-through or it’s not.

Anyway what I’m saying is that if this listing is legit then the wait is almost over. I’m pretty confident for e3! And my prediction is they’re aiming roughly for a Halloween, 2017 release date.

All just conjecture and my opinion of course!
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Nice! A release this year is sounding more and more likely.
And TBH I'm glad the 4chan leak is looking less likely, although backtracking sounds sweet, I'd hate for the game to have more Silent Hill vibes.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 21, 2017 7:57 pm

I would sacrifice backtracking for the rest of that leak to not be true anyway, tbqh. I would also hate for the game to become more like Silent Hill, especially with all that crap about the save mechanic being tied to water, which seems to imply a more ~mystical~ setting as opposed to the science fiction of the first game.

And anyway, if they ditch the original cast for some new jobber who's only tangentially related to the first game, I'm going to be fucking pissed. :lol: Especially after that concept art design of Joseph looking all hot with a beard and his hair loose... /kicks up dirt.

But uh.

They'd basically be throwing away the entire story of the first game, which honestly fuck you, Tango, if you go that route. What have I been busting my ass for all this time, if you're just going to LOL IDK at all the loose ends you left?! CLEAN YOUR MESS. :lol:
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Almost certain they wouldn't throw TEW1's story under the bus, but I can see a new protagonist, and maybe Sebastian will be a supporting character.

Think MGS2 with Raiden and Snake.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Mar 21, 2017 8:40 pm

could the sequel be open world game? that would be cool seeing haunted the keeper and all other monsters roaming the world.

To be fair Rikitatsu, before TEW release everyone compared TEW to silent hill.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 21, 2017 9:11 pm

ghostcall wrote:could the sequel be open world game? that would be cool seeing haunted the keeper and all other monsters roaming the world.

I would personally prefer something in the vein of Souls series/Classic RE in terms of structure...Multiple open areas that are inter-connected. I'm kinda fed up with Open World games atm.

They had copies of Bloodborne on one of their workdesks, so here's hoping!

And yeah I know TEW had some SH vibes from the get-go, but I wouldn't want them to focus more on the Silent Hill-ness.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Mar 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
ghostcall wrote:could the sequel be open world game? that would be cool seeing haunted the keeper and all other monsters roaming the world.

I would personally prefer something in the vein of Souls series/Classic RE in terms of structure...Multiple open areas that are inter-connected. I'm kinda fed up with Open World games atm.

They had copies of Bloodborne on one of their workdesks, so here's hoping!

And yeah I know TEW had some SH vibes from the get-go, but I wouldn't want them to focus more on the Silent Hill-ness.

I agree either Metroidvania like level design or open world design would be both fine.

:D

I really hope they announce the game soon.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby liontamer » Mar 21, 2017 10:53 pm

I'd love to see some room for exploration and puzzle solving this time around, and I wouldn't mind the idea of a new protagonist as long as they address everything from the first game. I'm really excited to see what happens with all the main characters!

Also, Ikumi Nakamura's leaked(?) concept art included an alternative, Max Payne-ish look for Sebastian with a beard and shaved head, and I'd personally LOVE to see that. I can imagine playing as Sebastian as he struggles to keep a balance between the real World and the one created within STEM - something along those lines would be really cool, in my opinion. :D

... Somewhere in my mind I even fantasized a scenario where the game begins with Sebastian's evaluation in a psychiatrist's room, I confess. :?
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Autoignition » Mar 22, 2017 11:07 am

If the sequel is open world I will probably be more disappointed than I would be if the 4chan leak was real. :lol:

I am SO down for a Souls-like level design, though. And I'm STILL pulling for Dark Souls-style invasion multiplayer. Please please please, based Tango.

liontamer wrote:Also, Ikumi Nakamura's leaked(?) concept art included an alternative, Max Payne-ish look for Sebastian with a beard and shaved head, and I'd personally LOVE to see that. I can imagine playing as Sebastian as he struggles to keep a balance between the real World and the one created within STEM - something along those lines would be really cool, in my opinion. :D

Not gonna lie, but this is among the top reasons why I want Sebastian to return as the main character. I want my glitches in reality, I want my hallucinations, I want my not knowing what's real and what's not. So far, the only game that's really done that flawlessly is Spec Ops: The Line. (And Dead Space from what I understand, but I never played those games so I can't confirm.) TEW is in a prime position to bring that type of horror to the forefront.
Autoignition

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates