Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Rumor: Tango Seeking QA/Translators for Psycho Break 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Hallucinations were such a wasted opportunity in the first game.
When I heard that the environments morphing, I thought it was a gameplay feature, I remember Mikami describing the disappearing stairs in Ch.4 before the game released, and I thought it was pretty cool... Like walking around and when you turn, the stairs will be gone.

In the end, it was just a cutscene... Bleh.

I hope the 2nd game does away with "forced walk" segments... Because it makes you feel automatically safe since the devs are taking the controls from you.

And I'd like Hallucinations to be more subdued, like, not showcased explicitly in cutscenes/forced walks... But rather you come upon it naturally in gameplay. Like paintings on the wall that changes when you look away and look back.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah, totally! And I'd like to see it incorporated into the gameplay, too. My absolute favorite part of Spec Ops (and by "favorite" I mean this part really got into my head and I was audibly screaming while playing it) was
when a heavy was coming at you, but the power in the building was flickering. So the lights would cut out, and the heavy would change in between each cuts. He would shoot at you, then the screen would go black, then the lights would come back on and a mannequin would be standing where the heavy was. Then the lights went out again for a split second, and when they came back on, the heavy had replaced the mannequin again and was back to shooting you. And it kept going like that, with the mannequin sometimes moving to different areas of the room. You COULD die to the heavy during that part, and you HAD to kill him.

I would LOVE to see that kind of shit happen in TEW. You have to treat literally everything as real, even if it's actually just all in your head, because it'll kill you just the same.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 23, 2017 8:13 am

Yup, stuff like that would of have made the game way more tense than it already is.
The scariest thing in TEW are the boss battles, especially Laura and the Keeper... I hope we'll see more of those!
Rikitatsu

Postby Stadose » Mar 26, 2017 4:43 pm

TEW is on sale really cheap with all DLC on PS4 store - $8.99. Johannas even retweeted it. Possible April TEW 2 announcement incoming?
Stadose

Favorite Title: REmake/RE4
PSN: Stadose

Postby Autoignition » Mar 27, 2017 2:51 am

I saw that! :mrgreen: Johanas likes to play games with my heart on a pretty regular basis.

I would be pretty surprised if they announced in April, though. TEW isn't big enough to generate hype for an E3 conference like Fallout 4 was. I think the only reason why they announced TEW in April the first time around is because it was Shinji Mikami's new IP and his first game in his new studio, so people were hyped just to see his new project (also Bethesda didn't do their own E3 conferences back then). As it stands now, TEW is just TEW, and it's one of the most polarizing games released this generation. Bethesda likely won't announce until E3, where they can show it off and aim to impress and hopefully get back some of the audience they lost with disappointment in the first game.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Mar 27, 2017 8:19 am

It's possible that they'd do a soft-reveal of sorts in April/May... Like a teaser or something...
Or maybe just go with a Game Informer cover story, and then a full reveal with gameplay at E3.

Everything is possible!
Rikitatsu

Previous

Return to News and Updates