New The Evil Within 2 tidbits from NeoGAF insider Kiri

(Latest news and updates)

New The Evil Within 2 tidbits from NeoGAF insider Kiri

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 03, 2017 10:56 am

Kiri, who is a known NeoGAF'er who knows someone working on TEW and TEW2 (he posted things about the original game on GAF the moment the game was announced which all ended up being true) mentions that TEW2 is 100% real, and right now Tango Gameworks is doing crunch time, working as late as up to midnight right now to get this thing done, which might give us an idea of when this releases (ie, much sooner than we expect).

He also mentions Laura will play a much bigger role in the sequel.

Source
Dusk Golem

Re: New The Evil Within 2 tidbits from NeoGAF insider Kiri

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Made this into it's own thread, hope you don't mind.

As someone who thinks Laura is one of the greatest boss encounters of ALL TIME, this pleases me.
Also, strongly hints it's releasing soon.
Rikitatsu

Postby zombifiers » Jun 03, 2017 2:45 pm

This is ABSOLUTELY the kind of news I wanted to hear, especially about Laura!

MAKE HER BE LIKE THE GHOST OF LAURA PALMER AND GO ROGUE AGAINST RUVIK
Better to be bound than free to feel pain.
zombifiers
irl necromancer

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
PSN: Opheliac-W14A

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Made this into it's own thread, hope you don't mind.

As someone who thinks Laura is one of the greatest boss encounters of ALL TIME, this pleases me.
Also, strongly hints it's releasing soon.

No worries. If all is panning out to be truth though, it's exciting to think we may very well see the game's reveal in 8 days from now. It has been two and a half years since the original game released, the contract job which leaked (even if not confirmed but stands a chance of legitimacy) which states the job last to Halloween this year, them crunching long hours to finish it...

The original game had a long announcement > release cycle (even longer if you followed all the leaks for the game before it was properly announced), so if they're truly about to announce The Evil Within 2 at this E3 and then release it this Halloween/November, that'll be terribly exciting. I almost wonder if they kind of want to do some advertising thing where, "less is more." IE, RE7 did this recently with its advertising campaign, maybe they think keeping most of TEW2 a surprise is the best method, thus if this plays out that they have such a small announcement > release cycle they maybe are doing so both to keep anticipation of fans/those interested high while also not having to reveal too much before they release it to keep people interested, to see how that goes.

I'm happy for Laura's return too, some spoilers for the main game on a personal theory:
The original game mentioned that Laura wasn't dead, she survived the fire as a vegetable, so I wonder if that may be much more deeply explored in the sequel. I imagine Ruvik out of his mindscape would come for her,
and I almost wonder if Laura instead of Ruvik will be at the heart of the sequel if there's an increased focus on her and maybe her twisted subconscious from where she's been vegetating all of these years.
Dusk Golem

Postby ghostcall » Jun 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Yes Please but is game considered survival horror or survival action?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby liontamer » Jun 03, 2017 3:10 pm

I wish someone would ask kiri if he's even expecting an announcement at E3. :lol: I know he doesn't know everything, but still.
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 03, 2017 3:15 pm

liontamer wrote:I wish someone would ask kiri if he's even expecting an announcement at E3. :lol: I know he doesn't know everything, but still.

I'm sure he also doesn't want to get his friend in trouble. But with them doing crunch time right now the implication is certainly it's planned to be released sometime soon, I'm placing my bets on November but it could be early 2018, or it could be Halloween or something.

If they're crunching right now, I really can't see them NOT announcing this at E3 honestly.

ghostcall wrote:Yes Please but is game considered survival horror or survival action?

I doubt we'll know until we know, but if it's appearing at this E3 like is looking increasingly likely, then we'll know in about 8 days from now.
Dusk Golem

Postby liontamer » Jun 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:
liontamer wrote:I wish someone would ask kiri if he's even expecting an announcement at E3. :lol: I know he doesn't know everything, but still.

I'm sure he also doesn't want to get his friend in trouble. But with them doing crunch time right now the implication is certainly it's planned to be released sometime soon, I'm placing my bets on November but it could be early 2018, or it could be Halloween or something.

If they're crunching right now, I really can't see them NOT announcing this at E3 honestly.

In any case, the upcoming 8 days will be the longest of all time.

Honestly, having to hear about Quake or Wolfenstein each time Bethesda gets mentioned in various videos makes me hate those games lol.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Autoignition » Jun 03, 2017 8:25 pm

what if i just fucking died right now

Anyway, I hope this quells concerns that Tango would drop the original story/characters. Not surprised to see that Laura as a character would be returning in some fashion, but I would be surprised if they brought her back as a boss. I kind of felt like they beat her into the ground in the first game. Even when she was dead, she wasn't really dead, because goddamn Ruvik clones sent her disembodied arms after you anyway. :x

Time to go shitpost on NeoGAF.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Autoignition wrote:what if i just fucking died right now

Anyway, I hope this quells concerns that Tango would drop the original story/characters. Not surprised to see that Laura as a character would be returning in some fashion, but I would be surprised if they brought her back as a boss. I kind of felt like they beat her into the ground in the first game. Even when she was dead, she wasn't really dead, because goddamn Ruvik clones sent her disembodied arms after you anyway. :x

Time to go shitpost on NeoGAF.

So my personal theory right now is that we probably won't see a whole lot more of Ruvik's interpretation of Laura, since keep in mind the Laura we see in all of the original game is Ruvik's mentalscape version of her and not actually her. But since Laura still exists in the real world, and Ruvik escaped into the real world, maybe the Laura we'll come to know in the sequel will be drastically different than the one we knew in the original game.

One thing I've thought about is if entities could change forms in the mindscape, Ruvik kind of does this towards the end of the game, but more dramatically maybe and not just for the final boss. I kind of take more Laura to both mean her character, as in who she is and not just Ruvik's monster form of her, will play a bigger role, and that Laura's monster will, but maybe Laura's monster isn't specifically as we once knew her.

These are all just my thoughts on this though.
Dusk Golem

Next

Return to News and Updates