The Evil Within 2 New Gameplay and Story Trailer released

(Latest news and updates)

Re: The Evil Within 2 New Gameplay and Story Trailer release

Postby liontamer » Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm

What's really exciting to me is the possibility of backtracking through the streets of Union. Some of the screenshots remind me greatly of the first portion of RE3 and Raccoon city.
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Autoignition » Jun 12, 2017 2:31 pm

gmc1992 wrote:I wonder if anson mount is returning to voice seb since it seems kidmans va is different

There are placeholder voices all over these trailers. Those are definitely Anson Mount's effort/pain noises in the gameplay trailer, but they seem to be ripped directly from the first game. However, the spoken line of him saying Lily's name is a different guy.

With regards to Kidman, there's no actual way that her voiceover from the trailer is going to be in the game itself. It's just preview narration to set the scene for the game's reveal. They didn't need to drag Jennifer Carpenter into the studio just for that -- and it probably would have been ridiculously and needlessly expensive to do that, too.

Voice acting is usually one of the final things done in a game. We're going to have to see direct gameplay footage (not just a trailer) before we can make any sort of determination on the final cast. Don't forget, the first few trailers for the first game had a bunch of placeholder actors in them, too.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby liontamer » Jun 12, 2017 2:41 pm

@Rikitatsu the videos in your original post have been taken down.
liontamer

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Autoignition wrote:
gmc1992 wrote:I wonder if anson mount is returning to voice seb since it seems kidmans va is different

There are placeholder voices all over these trailers. Those are definitely Anson Mount's effort/pain noises in the gameplay trailer, but they seem to be ripped directly from the first game. However, the spoken line of him saying Lily's name is a different guy.

With regards to Kidman, there's no actual way that her voiceover from the trailer is going to be in the game itself. It's just preview narration to set the scene for the game's reveal. They didn't need to drag Jennifer Carpenter into the studio just for that -- and it probably would have been ridiculously and needlessly expensive to do that, too.

Voice acting is usually one of the final things done in a game. We're going to have to see direct gameplay footage (not just a trailer) before we can make any sort of determination on the final cast. Don't forget, the first few trailers for the first game had a bunch of placeholder actors in them, too.

I remember now about the placeholder actors from the first games trailers, good to know we might possibly get some of the old cast back :D
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby GottaEvil » Jun 12, 2017 4:31 pm

RE Remake memories

Much love.

I need the fucking game...now.
Last edited by GottaEvil on Jun 12, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GottaEvil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
PSN: GottaEvil
XBL: GottaEvil
Steam: GottaEvil

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 12, 2017 4:31 pm

liontamer wrote:@Rikitatsu the videos in your original post have been taken down.

Thanks for the heads up, working on it!

Autoignition wrote:Also from GAF:

The realization of Resident Evil 3.5 that we always wanted. :')

One of these seems like a scripted event that though, which is a shame.
I had hoped TEW2 will do away with moments where they take control from you to "scare" you, but there are some moments in the trailer that looked like that.
Rikitatsu

Postby liontamer » Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

I can't believe I didn't realize this yet, but aiming looks so much better now. It's finally over the shoulder like RE4, and it's no longer zoomed in that much.
liontamer

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm

liontamer wrote:I can't believe I didn't realize this yet, but aiming looks so much better now. It's finally over the shoulder like RE4, and it's no longer zoomed in that much.

Agreed, helps the FOV is also better.

I'm just gonna leave this here: Easy Allies/Huber's reaction for TEW2's announcement

phpBB [video]
Rikitatsu

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 13, 2017 2:58 am

I made a big analysis of the gameplay trailer: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39553&p=48239#p48239
Dusk Golem

Postby DampRevil » Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Autoignition wrote:

It was confirmed on Twitter that Jennifer Carpenter will not be reprising her role as Juli. An actress by the name of Meg Saricks will be voicing Juli in the sequel.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates